Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough. Is. ENOUGH!!!

Irih

ooo, lucky us only 2 got merged ...

and ofcourse it's such a trivial thingy shame on us to bring it up.

But it's on unity's own subforum... we don't hurt anyone here.
    Last edited by Garfonso; July 14th, 2006 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    As to why the letter was sent out (I wrote it), I stated that clearly in bold letters in the letter - to give you the option to play on the North American shards. Nothing more, nothing less.
    What option is it you think you're giving us Ophelea? The ability to start a US account and play on a US shard has existed for as long as the US shards themselves have existed, it's so obvious it doesn't need stating. Unity players have always been aware of this "option". Some have already chosen to start again on a US shard, some play on both sides whilst waiting to see what happens to Unity, some refuse to even consider playing on another shard. But really, do you think there is even a single European player out there who is unaware the US shards exist??

You letter has sparked alot of anger because people are attempting to guess what Tulga's intention was behind sending it. Going to all that trouble to tell us something as obvious as "the sky is blue" just doesn't add up. If you were actually offering us something new if would make sense, but you're not.

I have mentioned this to you before: Unitarians are extremely sceptical people, and given the history of their shard you can't blame them for this. If the reasons for something aren't completely understandable they will question why it was done. So people are interpreting your letter as an attempt to make us think about switching sides.

If your intention was to help the European playerbase, then I'm sorry this has back-fired so horribly for you. If you really do wish to help Unity's community, may I suggest thinking up some ways to hold us together, help us through this difficult time whilst GN are sorting out the patching problems?

Soresha

Soresha.
    Being that TG can't talk about certain things. And they are telling you something very obvious you know about already. Does that in itself not tell you something? Think about this...

it tells me, that ophelia / TG is very insensitive...

If you wanted to say "unity will die" with that letter, then it was a very insensitive way to do it...
    If you didn't wanted to say that, then it was stupid to send the letter, without the possibility to explain, what will happen with unity...

anyway it was very insensitive and now you have to live with the results from that action... I'm feeling sorry for you, but you should have known better...

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso

If you wanted to say "unity will die" with that letter, then it was a very insensitive way to do it...
    If you didn't wanted to say that, then it was stupid to send the letter, without the possibility to explain, what will happen with unity...

anyway it was very insensitive and now you have to live with the results from that action... I'm feeling sorry for you, but you should have known better...
    Yep, the lesson I took away from the response was dont throw life preservers to drowning folk. What I'm learning is you dont want any response or assistance except what you exactly want and nothing else will be sufficient, and in the meantime your intent on making yourself, your fellow Unity folks and all the rest of us miserable until you get your way.

But of course, if that is not your intent then you might want to try and explain what exactly you desire.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Fact. You pay GN for your Horizons.
    Fact. GN is responsible for providing your HZ experience.
    Fact. You are NOT paying TG for your Horizons.
    Fact. TG is NOT responsible for providing your HZ experience.
    Fact. GN is responsible for your problem.
    Wow this thread has gone wild since I posted yesterday. It goes to show that many are very passionate about there shards. I for one am just as passionate for mine as the Unity players are for theirs. It saddens me to see all this going back and forth but we all are human.

As far as the invite that was posted by TG, thats an invite. Please don't take it personal or read into it any more then that.

Now let me say this. Many of us are in business or in one way or another are close to it. We know how things work and the writing does not need to be in black and white to figure out whats really going on. Read what Seranthor said earlier and add a few lines in your own mind in a business stand point and I'm sure along with the info you already have, can guess what the deal maybe as to why Unity isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Jayne

I doubt, if anyone can imagine what we are going to loose, if we leave the community of Unity, but we- the players ourselfs.
    We live some kind of a dream here-or call it a fiction:
    After the merge: So many different nations, languages, attitudes-it could have been Babylon, but it became (well, let me be solemny^^) close to Paradise?

We became friends. Special friends, much more than it is usual in a mmorpg.
    We live together, laugh and celebrate and suffer together, ingame and even sometimes in rl.
    We help and care and share- no matter what nationality (from the far South to the far North of Europe), no frontiers, no prejudice, no resentments.

I mean, in a realworld like ours-isn`t that something?

Dear NA-friends, and all those who are responsible: That is more than a game (for us). Otherwise we all would have been rational and play something else, there is enough choice.

Naka Dusai?? NO WAY

So come on my precious friends: All you mighty, heroic fighters, cooks (!^^), exceptional gifted crafters, all you littleones, I can hardly see without my violet glasses, my teachers and my students,
    the dragons are ready for a last big adventure-and maybe it`s only a quest:
    Take a seat on our backs, we`ll try to bring you to the undiscovered countries
    and if it`s the last thing we do
    WE DO IT TOGETHER
    let`s leave our plots and lairs behind us, that can be rebuild.
    We save our charakter and knowledge and souls- that is what counts
    (give us an email-questionaire, we complete it truthfully)

They say we are invincible and immortal- let`s prove it!!!
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 14th, 2006 at 07:59 PM.

I used to blame only GN, now I do not any more. Resent posts from Luca hints that GN is getting the same treatment from Tulga as we Unity players are - no communications. And probablly accompanied with a threat of lawsuits if they say anything about it. The mail that went out today only strengthens the bad feeling I have about Tulga's role in all this. Have you ever considered that we have not been patched fro weeks because GN has not RECEIVED any of them from Tulga? Tulga refuses to comment, and that makes them look guilty as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    or even Harry Mudd
    Or even Harry and the Hendersons.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium
    I used to blame only GN, now I do not any more. Resent posts from Luca hints that GN is getting the same treatment from Tulga as we Unity players are - no communications. And probablly accompanied with a threat of lawsuits if they say anything about it. The mail that went out today only strengthens the bad feeling I have about Tulga's role in all this. Have you ever considered that we have not been patched fro weeks because GN has not RECEIVED any of them from Tulga? Tulga refuses to comment, and that makes them look guilty as hell...
    Still trying to paint TG into that Quisling role are ya? Ever considered that GN got the patch and is too freakin lazy or incompetent to apply it and they'd rather shoot off their mouths, much like you, instead of doing the right thing?

I suppose using your logic of TG's silence as evidence of their supposed 'guilt' then we could blame you personally for global warming, you couldn't disprove your guilt until you proved incontrovertably what actually was responsible.

Luca gave hints? Who is Luca and what does hints mean?

And if this is an issue dealing with a contract or something, who do you think on these boards should answer that question? Certainly not any of the Dev's. The only one I can think of is DB. So send DB a PM and ask him.

But prepare yourself because DB may not even be allowed to comment on the situation. Do any of you realize what a legal contract means and if you go against that contract what effect it may have. This could be bigger the DB.

Yes, we are all upset with this situation, but by no means can we blame anyone till we get the facts from the right people, not hints or anyother garbage handed out in IRC or wherever people hang out.

Jayne

So I canceled my last account on Unity as well.

Considering that mail I assume Unity to die quite soon with no patches an updates being applied any longer. That mail tells us nothing new but it would make absolutely no sense if there would still be any negotiations between GN and TG concerning Unity.

I played for two years and a half now and it makes me very sad to leave Horizons behind since I still consider it among the greatest games of its kind. But I will surely not start anew and again play more than two years just to catch up with what I had already achieved. Not to mention those many things being irreplaceable. Should I ever get the chance to take my character with me, I am with Order in no time, though.

Who to blame for the current situation? I don't know.

But if I look into the past, customer service and support from GN were worse most of the time and became almost non-existent for more than a year now. The same for communication from GN. I remember well my friendly and nice support tickets going unanswered for months or being deleted without a word - not to mention the many other players that had serious login, payment or quest issues. I also remember well the many failures of the authentification or game servers going unnoticed for hours, days or whole weekends with no communication from GN. Then there was that community website that was announced for months to be ready quite "soon" to keep players guessing and that of course never made it. I further remember almost never having met a worldmaster on Unity even if some events required one - not to mention some real worldmaster activity. All this draws a clear picture of GN's attitude towards supporting Horizons and its customers.

These are very serious shortcomings and only GN can be blamed for them.

And on the other hand I for myself can only tell of friendly contacts and quick answers and responses from any Tulga official.

Narkano
    Last edited by Narkano; July 14th, 2006 at 11:14 PM.

Yes so far TG has always made an effort to reply to my concerns. I suppose if I contacted GN out of the blue for a Chaos problem they wouldn't be able to help me. I guess TG can't help someone on Unity in the same way GN can't help me.

Jayne

Actually, it says to me that Ophelia is new to TG, sees the plight of Unity, wants very much to do something to help or at least quell some of the frustration, asks the others what can be done, since nothing CAN be done decides to reinterate the NA shard option in hopes of showing the Unitarians they have login info for (notice someone who started in March didn't get the email, which says to me that they have a much older copy of the login info for Unity players which makes it obvious to me that there is a lack of communication as well but this proves for the lack being on GNs side, sad to say) that they are welcome and they'd get looked after if they decided to come over.

Now, that's my version of second guessing. Whether it is anymore correct than anyone elses version of second guessing, I don't know. But I feel it is. If I had to judge from Ophelia's postings, I would say she's a genuinely good natured person and, like me, wanted to do something, ANYTHING, to let you guys know that they are here and care. Unfortunately, it seems it came at a really bad time (following Luca's slanderous accusations) so was ill recieved.

At this moment, I feel bad moreso for Ophelia than anyone else as I see it as the new kid on the block only trying to help and getting beaten up for it. And yet, she's still taking her licks and keeping her pleasant composure while doing so. Definately gives Gale a run for his money in the Community Manager (or whatever that position was called) department.

I know that you people on NA don't care about that and try to protect TG..
    I, personally, take specific offense to this statement. And I'll quote snickel to explain why...
    Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    I think most of the players on the NA shard do not blame Unity players for wanting to keep what they worked hard to build, let alone their great community. See how many of the US players adopted the sigil that demands proper support for Unity?
    You see, that sigil wasn't made by any Unitarian. That sigil was made, and hosted, and encouraged to others to use, by me. A NA player. I don't appreciate you lumping me, or any other NA player, into your box of "people on NA" who "don't care" as it is quite obvious that WE DO.

Hell, I had even wanted to come up with another action like, a mass log out, to show even more support for Unity and was told not to bother as it wouldn't make a difference (by Unitarians) and asked by someone in a PM to stop bringing up the Unity thing as it was getting old and everyone knew enough about it already (yes, you can feel free to lump him into your box of NAs who didn't care) even though my postings about Unity, their plight, and actions we might take were well more than a couple months or more apart.

This whole thing sickens me. Unity's and its players predicament, GN, Luca's slanderous comments (which to me are the actions of a desperate man/company), this whole EU vs NA thing... EVERYTHING. I use to feel the Horizons community was a whole. No matter your server, we were all apart of the same community. And that was one of the main things that made HZs community so great! It now seems there are a lot of you who don't feel that way and would rather you have yourselves set apart. I'm not talking about your decision to stay on the server(s) you call home either. I find that a huge shame as that's not the Horizons community I remember. And everyday it falls further and further into an area of grey that I don't recognize anymore. Whatever happened to the "unity" in community?

I find it sad. I find it sickening. I find it a HUGE loss.

/sincere dramatics on

*mourns the loss of the Horizons Community as a whole*

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    I, personally, take specific offense to this statement. And I'll quote snickel to explain why...
    Yes, you are right. It's always wrong to put many people into one big bowl... sorry for that... I didn't mean to offend you and many others, who care.

As for the situation on unity and what I request, what Seranthor wanted to know:

I request that TG and GN stop acting like some little children, playing in their sandbox. The first kid takes the others shovel and then the crying begins: "He took my shovel.. bahbahbah". "You took mine first... bahbahbah".

You are companies... you are adult people. ******** it. You should sit together and sort out what ever your problems are.

And don't tell me "don't blame TG, blame all on GN", that's just not true here. If negotiations go wrong (like they have to be in may or june) then it's ALWAYS, read from my lips AAAALLLLWWWAAAAYYYYSSSS fault of BOTH partys. ALWAYS. I have never seen ANY single negotiation that failed, because of only ONE communication partner..

I don't care for support.
    I don't care for events.
    I don't care for that consigner listing, it's useless on unity anyway, cause only kion consigner is used.
    I don't care for plot listing, I have my plot and I roughly know where free plots are.
    I don't care for all that other things, I could blame GN for... They weren't there for so long, I can live without them.

But I do want these ******** updates. And this ******** letter tells me (and even AA0 saw it this way) that TG stopped supplying them to GN, presumably because their negotiations in may failed.. so I blame them both.

That's my point. No go on and try to blame that all on GN, I won't listen to you anymore..

Again: I feel sorry for you, Ophelia. Maybe you had good intentions, but you stirred up the hornet's nest. And I apologise to you, Snowdonia Honeythorn for my offenses.

Bye.

Holy cow Batman!!!

Gopher65 actual has something there. Yes that is one liable scenerio, I have thought of others too. But until someone can speak about it, we won't know for sure. Sadly, We'll just have to wait and see.

Jayne

Default Another Two cents

Well this thread did get a bit out of line since yesterday. But i guess thats emotions. I hope this isnt a doublepost, my first vanished.

Call me stubborn. I wont abandon Unity! - Why? - I already explained on page two.

Im getting tired to blame anyone for anything. All comes down to: Do i love this game, this community, my characters i made? Sure i do and all left over Unitarians do too, otherwise we would have left long ago.

All we would have liked to know, would have been some informations from behind the lines of fire. But for one reason or the other thats not possible. Ok - So be it.

Tulgas offer is - noticed. Sorry, we did know about that option for a longer time now and we decided to stay where we are. We had that option in the past, and we will have that option in the future.

Im sure that unity will be closed at a time, sooner or later in the future. Ok, so be it. All i would like to get in advance will be the closing date and time. Why? - Because im sure there will be a hell of a party going on and i dont want to miss that party.

Til that day - Carpe diem.

Yours

Ash

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65

And before you say "maybe TG just stopped providing the updates!" ummmm... I'm not sure how to say this politely, but I think we all know that TG doesn't exactly have the largest cashflow. I really can't see them saying "no! Please! Stop giving us money for updates! We don't want that money! Keep it for yourselves! Buy a new condo! Anything! Just don't give us the money we desperately need!"
    It's also possible that TG decided that their staff should not work for free. I'm guessing here but I suspect that the contract that existed with AE does not apply to TG. If that were true then there would be no revenue from GN to TG. Were I running TG at that point I'd stop sending updates and stop providing support.

I personally think it's great to see people sticking by their shard. Says a lot about the people who play Horizons. I just hope that a lot of you don't go down with the ship as it were.

You are quite right Lycaunoss that the contract between GN and AE doesn't/didn't apply to Tulga.
    That was one of the first things Tulga informed the world about after it was formed after the AE chapter 11 "fun."
    "We are not bound by any contract that AE signed" was basically what they said, which is legally right since they were/are now another legal entity.

How this was handled by the parties involved, including Tulga, is what would lay the foundations for future cooperation (or not.)

Thread Information