Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough. Is. ENOUGH!!!

Life might actually be better without Unity, yes. We're living a half life, nothing happens or changes and we are paying GN for not servicing us. Rationally thinking, Unity is not value for money... but we are people who aren't thinking rationally.

Since things turned really sour, I've done my best to steer new people away from Unity; they don't deserve to be inflicted with its present state. The slow bleed of hardcore players will eventually shut the server down anyway. (I can't with good consicence claim that Unity's peak player count reaches 200 these days.)

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

And that is a very well-written, thought-out post Gopher. Really sums it up. I can certainly see where all of the posters are coming from. It would be nice if the truth didn't always hurt so much...then again, I'm not really sure what the truth is either.

Dremora is on Order. She most certainly is.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Garfonso, contrary to whatever lastest line of garbage that GN may be feeding you, legally Tulga can not negotiate with any other company to host Horizons unless and until Tulga owns the Unity data base. They do not, GN does.

Please ask GN how much they are demanding Tulga to pay for your data base. If GN actually deigns to tell you the truth, I'm sure you will be shocked.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Well, as long time Wind/Unity citizen my dying wish would be to see the fellow folks of Chaos and Order following me soon
    Dream on...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Let me spell it out for you Unity folks, GN is stuffing it in your can, NOT TG. TG IS trying to help you, GN is NOT. Clearly GN is not doing anything for you except taking your euros. They dont give you the support you deserve, they are not applying the updates they get from TG, and hell, they are clenching the database that contains YOUR characters in a death grip. TG is trying to help you, GN is trying to strangle you. Once you comprehend this then finally you'll have your proper target for your anger. Please focus your anger in the right direction and then act, and perhaps hopefully you'll get all that you are entitled to.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

I was suprised about the TULGA post -- not necessarily about the offer, but about the way it was made. I can understand why to Unity players that gives the impression of client-leeching, even if it probably wasn't meant that way. When I read that mail I immediately asked myself: "Does GN intend to close down Unity and TULGA now tries to throw a life-line to Unity players at the last moment?" I think that post was not a good idea at all. Unity players who think about starting anew at an american server already know how to do this. If TULGA wants to ease the passage for Unity players who have lost hope that their situation will improve, they have to find a way to allow billing without credit cards.

I don't wish Unity to die: 'Give Unity proper support or make it an NA shard'. So to put it in an extreme way: I want GN to die and Unity saved from their clutches without losses. Thats what I would like to see.

As for starting a new character I have done so. And I had been with Unity since way before the merge. So my character, even though not in the highest levels, had played a long time. I took my time, learned many crafts, had a lot of fun. I finished the structures on my first plot a week before the merge. Finished them on my second plot before leaving Unity.

And now I am working on my third plot. No obsidian keystones, but good old sandstone bricks. And I enjoy it. I take my time, relearn many crafts, have a lot of fun. Thats what its about, to have fun, to enjoy yourself. And it is indeed possible to do that by starting a new character.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

And, as allways, still no answer at my question what the Plans are with unity....
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

Well if TG really stops patch support for Unity just to bring players to the point (with this letter) to change over to US I can only say: "You will loose more players than u get new ones out of that".
    And also produce more frustration than any other positive...

I will not restart with a new char in US!

*climbs up to the bridge on the sinking ship and takes a place beside Takora*
    You know I don't really like dragons, only if the are roasted or cooked in one of my soups..
    BUT in that case I will stay beside her on this sinking (unity)ship
    I will stay here till someone shuts down the power supply.
    You will never see me in US!

Sylvester

@Seranthor

I would like to belive, that Tulgar tries to help us. Problem is that there is no communication about what was tried to help us. And we have the problem that we don't want to loose our Characters. Because of the non existant comunication on both sides it is impossible to focus our anger on the right side.
    But if tulga want to get the existing Unityplayers to Na-Servers they have to manage something that the characters can change the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    Well if TG really stops patch support for Unity just to bring players to the point (with this letter) to change over to US I can only say: "You will loose more players than u get new ones out of that".
    And also produce more frustration than any other positive...

I will not restart with a new char in US!
    If TULGA is not legally required to supply patches, why did they supply them at all?

If, however, they are required to supply them, why has mudslinger Luca never in any of his posts suggested that GN would take legal action against TULGA?

The most likely answer to that, in my opinion, is that Luca is a liar. And that he resorts to any possible means to direct attention away from GNs abysmal handling on Unity.

I don't think that TULGAs horizons depends on an influx of european players. TULGA does not need the players from Unity. But GN wants to keep the customers and tries deperately to keep them with false allegations.

I have yet to find a reason to believe anything that Luca stated. All his postings are self-serving. His newest trick: Establish a common enemy to cloud the issue. Thats what Bismarck called 'politics of negative integration'. A common psychological ruse.

As I said before: Please don't fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    I have yet to find a reason to believe anything that Luca stated. All his postings are self-serving. His newest trick: Establish a common enemy to cloud the issue. Thats what Bismarck called 'politics of negative integration'. A common psychological ruse.
    Snickel, didn't a certain little paper hanger also use that 'politics of negative integration' masterfully at the expense of millions and millions of lives?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Snickel, didn't a certain little paper hanger also use that 'politics of negative integration' masterfully at the expense of millions and millions of lives?
    After Bismarck -- it became common knowledge. Every ruler who feared dissatisfaction within the ranks went out looking for an outgroup enemy to blame. A certain little paper hanger as well, granted.

Ok, the manager of the company I spoke of hosted three MMOs now, and he told me that the database ALWAYS was the property of the ones he hosted the games for.
    He told me that TG or AE would be VERY STUPID if the made another contract... It's very likly that even if the made another contract, they could get the DB, if they go to court.
    He told me that in may the contract with GN ended and that TG asked for official negotations, which happened, but after that all contact broke up.

GN is complaining, too about no contact form TG... can you see some pattern, hm?

I believe, no matter what GN or any company would do or try, TG doesn't want Horizons be hosted anywhere anymore.

And that's why they attact the unity community now...
    This attac is just a fact, you can't question that.

BTW: Where do you know from, that GN hasn't payed TG? They never made any official statement... So you know exactly nothing and all you do is assuming it, just like I'm assuming something else. Don't blame me, TG aren't those holy people you want them to be.
    Last edited by Garfonso; July 14th, 2006 at 10:49 AM.

With their open attac at the community of unity TG made themselves an enemy to me... Luca didn't need to do anything.

Tell me, where there can be a good intention behind that email??

The intention is: "Play on NA, it's better there."
    And the people it is directed to are: "The community of Unity players."

So what can it be, than an open attac at our community?
    I know that you people on NA don't care about that and try to protect TG.. but that's just too much. They made themself the evielst of evil enemy to me.

They made me think about cancelling my subscription in NA and not trying the new confectioner, I waited for over an year...

And I was able to make an account in NA about 9 Months ago, without any problems... and my email ends with tratschtante.de ... there couldn't be a better sign, that I'm german. This letter was just unnecessary, if it wasn't ment as open attac... just unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    With their open attac at the community of unity TG made themselves an enemy to me... Luca didn't need to do anything.

Tell me, where there can be a good intention behind that email??

The intention is: "Play on NA, it's better there."
    And the people it is directed to are: "The community of Unity players."

So what can it be, than an open attac at our community?
    I know that you people on NA don't care about that and try to protect TG.. but that's just too much. They made themself the evielst of evil enemy to me.

They made me think about cancelling my subscription in NA and not trying the new confectioner, I waited for over an year...

And I was able to make an account in NA about 9 Months ago, without any problems... and my email ends with tratschtante.de ... there couldn't be a better sign, that I'm german. This letter was just unnecessary, if it wasn't ment as open attac... just unnecessary.
    That letter could also be read as an offer -- a hand extended to someone who is on a sinking ship. Have you thought of that? Thats what it can be.

Now if that someone loves his ship and refuses the help, thats his choice. And if he does not like to hear about the fact that he is on a sinking ship, thats his choice, too. But he should stay aware of the fact that an offer to help does not have to have a sinister motive.

GN used to pay a service plan fee basically for TG's support, and updates. The number of customers on Unity never mattered.

I feel sorry for those that stay on Unity. All this new content that comes live will not hit Unity ever, no contract = no updates. I guess some prefer to stay on the sinking ship with their eyes closed, but no matter how hard you try it will still sink, too many people will quit and then the server will be closed.

This e-mail is unlikely to pull current players from Unity, but more likely the ex-Unity players that long ago gave up on GN. Here is hoping they want to play horizons again, and now can do it.

From those little pieces of Information we can pick up here and there, the whole Problem (with Unity not getting improvements of NA-shards and not being patched lately) points in one direction - the different Databases.

TG has manpower only to program the patches and tools fitting for their used format, due to (maybe not-anymore-existing) contracts expecting GN to "transmute" them to their DB-format.

I can only speculate, but i can really imagine TG pointing at GN with the finger and saying "Taking different database then us was your decision, and by contract you have to integrate the patches, even if you have to re-program them to fit your DB, period."

GN on the other side pointing at TG, stating: "We only agreed to apply patches and integrate what you give us. Not a word in our (maybe former?) contract says we have to do programming."

If GN would have done a proper work in the past i can even imagine that TG would be willing to give in to them and do the necessary "tweaking" - maybe that's why it worked so far.

So personally i believe, that Luca (and the other nameless GN-employee) may not even lie when they say that TG has it's share on the current, bad situation - they just don't tell the whole truth ...

Thread Information