Thread: Trophy hall

Default Trophy hall

Well if one day new furniture should make the head of the pony list -- how about a trophy display? Wouldn't it be nice to have a wall in the living room where the astonished visitor can see those very special trophies the owner decided to keep for sentimental reasons?
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I would love to see display cases as well. It would be so very nice to be able to display artifacts from events gone by, special equipment dropped from high-end bosses, and emblems you have earned.

That said, I suspect that displaying numerous items in such a case might well increase the lag which structures already cause.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    This was mentioned to (I think) Smeglor a little while ago, and he said that only items with a 3D model associated with them could be displayed (if and when this feature ever makes it ingame). This means that only items such as bows, swords, and the like could be displayed. Otherwise they would have to create a 3D model for every little item in the game, and that just isn't feasible.
    Yes, I imagine that wouldn't be feasible. And yet -- maybe for future very rare special loot such a model could be developed...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Well if one day new furniture should make the head of the pony list -- how about a trophy display? Wouldn't it be nice to have a wall in the living room where the astonished visitor can see those very special trophies the owner decided to keep for sentimental reasons?
    Yes that be nice, in AC they placed anchor point around the house, depending the size of the house , so many anchor points could be used (basically max item). I remember doing super duper quest with friends and of course th final item I could not use, bu in my house I display it and I could be proud to say ... Yes, I did that quest.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Thread Information