Thread: Little Additions to New Trismus

Default Little Additions to New Trismus

I've been going through the hatchling quests on New Trismus, and first I'd like to say they're great! But I did think of a few little things that would make it even better.

1) There is no trophy hunter on NT, unless I've completely miss him? If there is one, perhaps add a step to send you to him? If there isn't, please add one. You do manage to loot quite a few trophy disks and it would be good to teach new players that they can hand these in for quests. By the time they get to Kion/Sslanis they're already level 10+ and have missed the level 1-4 and 5-9 trophy hunter quests. I ended up pawning mine, not the best use for them.

2) You learn to make a level 1 (garnet) claw - that's great. Although I reached level 7 (needing a malachite claw) about half way through the quests. New dragons really need to know to get a new claw or atleast be told to ditch the old claw and fight without it, otherwise they're nerfing themselves. So perhaps a step saying "go get yourself an updated claw"?

3) Fortify tech on a spell... hmmm. The lesson about teching a spell is a good one, but I can think of plenty of more useful techs I'd tech young hatchlings to use! Primal damage, heal increase, cleanse tech... why waste a single tech slot on something like fortify??

All that said, really, I've been having a blast tearing around NT.

Soresha

Zhul

I'd like to see the Dragon Crafter offer the level-specific repeatable gathering quests. Until someone told me to head to New Brommel I had no idea dragons could get more beginner lore tokens unless they asked bipeds for them.

A note about the trophy hunter... You're probably already passed level 4 just getting of Sklaar Island (or however it is spelled). But did you know that you can sell them to the trophy hunter for more coin than you'd sell them to a normal pawn broker?

The trophies aren't just for added exp, in other words, but a way to get added coin.

I do agree that there should be a trophy hunter on NT. One that explains how trophies work, including the selling thing in fact. But just thought I'd mention it here in case people reading the thread don't know.

I agree with the point about the lore token quests. You get 50 beginner tokens from the sequence of starting quests (or at least that's how many I ended up with). Once you deduct the tokens needed to buy the dex and focus chest scales for Avariatus (to make the helian/lunus scales), you've still got enough to buy 3 or 4 useful forms. That's about right I think, a good start for young hatchies. After that, it's right to work for your tokens. But the quests to do this really need to be on New Trismus, where the t1 resources are.

I think I finished all the quests with adv level 10, craft level 7, so some more craft levels are definately needed next. Having those quests to do, getting the missing spell and wing scale forms and making them would be ideal. Then hatchlings can move on to Kion better equipped for the level 10 adv quests.

Velea: I know any leftover trophy disks should always be sold to trophy hunters - that's why I said pawning them is not the best thing to do. Maybe I should have kept them to take to Kion with me later, but... nah, I wanted my copper pieces.

Thread Information