Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is wearing t5 fabric armor as lvl 1 intended?

Post is wearing t5 fabric armor as lvl 1 intended?

I wonder if it is intended that a lvl 1 can wear t5 fabric teched armor as a lvl 91 crafter? (with enough armor use)

does it make multiclassing too easy? or is it a bug?

Well it's not a bug, though It's allways been my opinion that being a high level crafter should not entitle you to be able to wear high level adventure gear, but it does. Just my opinion.

Hehe you show me someone who is lvl 91 crafter with an adventure rating of 1 (not multiclassed) and I say they've earned the right lol. And 'sides, its cloth not metal, paper thin in my book. And yes, you can triple tech it, doesn't bother me in the slightest that its allowed, but I can see how someone could take this to task.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

...Earned the right to high level crafting gear yes, but they haven't nessisarily spent that much time out on the battle field to "learn" how to properly use adventure gear.

Well, why not ask this as well:

What about Dragons who have Adv. Level less than 10, but walking around in Tier 3, Tier 4, heck maybe even Tier 5 full Battle Scales. Imagine, a Lv10 DRAG walking around with T5 triple teched scales, and being able to kill things that can't even scratch him because each of his 8-10 scales gives him more armor than an entire T1 Set of scales combined...now, he still can't use later dragon claws, but um... with those scales, he doesn't Need no stinkin' claws.

Just imagine it... a Lv10 Adv. Dragon with Armor V, T&C V, and Strength V on their scales...

--Dhalin

It's the same situation. And I've seen examples too.

...Earned the right to high level crafting gear yes, but they haven't nessisarily spent that much time out on the battle field to "learn" how to properly use adventure gear.
    My post, half joking, was that you can't show me a scenario of a T5 crafter with an adv rating of 1. Go take a peek at the majority of T5 resources, many many of these areas are a battle field. Why else would you gain AU as a crafter? Hence, the wearing of cloth armor if you are currently enrolled in that high level craft class. Are there some who may exploit this? Perhaps, although with the crummy protection provided by cloth I don't see why...I prefer hunting in my sammy pants, its more fun that way .
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    I wonder if it is intended that a lvl 1 can wear t5 fabric teched armor as a lvl 91 crafter? (with enough armor use)

Have you actually seen anyone able to do this? As far as I can see craft schools only get 7 au per level, which means even at level 100, they'll only have 700 au. Which means the highest tier cloth they can wear is the level 61 cloth. That means T4 techs, not T5, and double teched, not triple teched.

The exception of course is dragons, who get their scales every 10 levels rather than based on au. A dragon with level 1 in adventure and level 100 craft can indeed wear a full set of triple teched T5 scales. And the reverse is also true - a dragon with level 1 craft and level 100 adventure can wear a full set of triple teched scales for crafting.
    Last edited by Rhyssa; July 16th, 2006 at 09:20 AM.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    cloth armor is not adventure gear besides that a pure crafter will never be able to waer high lvl gear anyway
    max 700 armor use as crafter
    Last edited by Mairynn Nalnair; July 16th, 2006 at 09:19 AM.

And the reverse is also true - a dragon with level 1 craft and level 100 adventure can wear a full set of triple teched scales for crafting.
    Not to nitpick, but um... unless the Lv100 dragon is a Hatchling, you need a minimum of Lv30 DCRA to even start RoP...

--Dhalin

he never mentioned rop. though its 20 DCRA hehe Would be a nice way to get up to Rop standard though. One of my guildies did this with lairshaping, he's a 100/100 and within maybe 4 days with his t5 scales he was up to 45 lairshaping thanks to having such a huge boost to lairshape. He also apparently did this (long before i joined); he had 100 DCRA and about 32 DRAG. Apparently none of the creatures in the rop could touch him. I'm considering doing it with one hatchie but nice as it would be (and as much as i like crafting) i don't know if i'll feel 'cheap', or bored by the fact nothing can touch me.

I've found some exceptions too. I'm a 58/63 dragon atm, so i can wear my second foreleg thanks to craft, but i can't wear a socketed t3 chest scales because i put in a crystal that requires 60 adv. I'm not sure where i stand on it. It's nice but like I say, may make things too easy (though for an alt you'd be grateful!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Not to nitpick, but um... unless the Lv100 dragon is a Hatchling, you need a minimum of Lv30 DCRA to even start RoP...

--Dhalin
    Not to nitpick your nitpicking, there have been dozens of examples of L100 Adv dragons and L1 DLSH wearing full sets of 3xT5 scales.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Lets look at your example...

Dragon: L100 DCRA, L1 DRAG = full set of T5 scales, 3xt5 techs, with 3xPV chest scale.
    Biped: L100 CRAFT, L1 ADV = full set of L610 armor, 2xT4 techs.

Now which has it easier?

and No Sir, its not a bug, it is as intended, both EARNED those levels and thusly they earned the privledge of wearing those scales.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Not to nitpick your nitpicking, there have been dozens of examples of L100 Adv dragons and L1 DLSH wearing full sets of 3xT5 scales.
    My dragon, Grymme, being one of those examples. When lairshaping came in, he was already 100/100. So the first thing I did was hunt for awhile to get the Lairshaping V and Crystalshaping V techs, then make a full set of Lairshaping V/Crystalshaping V/Transmutation V scales. Voila! A Level 1 DLSH starting out his lairshaping "career" with a full set of 3xT5 lairshaping scales . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I don't see a problem with current arrangement, it is one of the benefits of multiclassing across the adventurer - crafter divide. It even applies pretty equally to bipeds and dragons. A lvl 100 adventurer can easily jumpstart their crafting career with tripleteched T5 scale or cloth set.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Lets look at your example...

Dragon: L100 DCRA, L1 DRAG = full set of T5 scales, 3xt5 techs, with 3xPV chest scale.
    Biped: L100 CRAFT, L1 ADV = full set of L610 armor, 2xT4 techs.

Now which has it easier?

and No Sir, its not a bug, it is as intended, both EARNED those levels and thusly they earned the privledge of wearing those scales.
    please add in that bipeds can wear jewelry ^^

i dont understand your l610 armor and 2xt4 techs could you please explain me your calculation?

ive seen many bipeds lvling 1 craftschool to 91 (not for the crafting) only to multiclass easier (power/health/attack skill-techs) are very usefull

all armor is lvl capped, to wear a mithril plate you need lvl X and armor use Y

where has a crafter earned to use adventure armor to bypass this restriction?

comparison to dragons:

dragons are dragons
    bipeds are bipeds

in the most parts of HZ you cant compare them

i dont understand your l610 armor and 2xt4 techs could you please explain me your calculation?

ive seen many bipeds lvling 1 craftschool to 91 (not for the crafting) only to multiclass easier (power/health/attack skill-techs) are very usefull

comparison to dragons:

dragons are dragons
    bipeds are bipeds

You may see bipeds that level there craft to 91 to wear 910 AU Padded

Ironsilk.A level 1 ADV with a rating of 1 but has a craft at 100 will have AU of

700 so the best armor they can wear is the 610 silk cloth that will only take

2 T4 techs per piece. Jewelry they will be able to wear any mithril sets. not

sure about dragons but it seems fine to me.

comparison to dragons:

dragons are dragons
    bipeds are bipeds

biped with no adv schools at all... each craft level gives 7 AU, 100x7au= 700AU.

Silk cloth is 610AU requirement, Silk padded is 710AU requirement, thusly 700AU < 710AU... Max wearable is 610 AU Silk... Silk is T4... and subsequently can only have T4 and below techs... and T4 armor is only allowed 2 techs per piece.... answer.

You asked about armor, not jewelry... your entire claim is

So unless I missed it your displeased with those that are wearing what you claim as armor too high for their level, correct?

Short explanation to those not knowledgeable of dragon scale system.

At level 1 dragons start with one scale slot available (the chest scale slot). Every 10 levels, be it craft or adventure, one more scale slot opens. Every 20 levels, as with bipeds, we are able to move up a tier in scales, because scales have level limit only (dragons get no AU skill). At level 80 it becomes bossible to use T5 scales. At level 90 (craft or adv) the last scale slot becomes available, giving us 10 scale slots.

Claw slot is open at level 1, but claws accept only a very limited number of combat techs. Claws work exactly like monk wraps; it offers no increase to damage, but allows you additional tech slots.

Foreleg and chest scales accept armor jewelry slots, and claw accepts weapon jewelry slots. The maximum can be achieved at level 80, when T5 scales become available, giving a total of 9 armor slots and 3 weapons slots. In comparison bipeds have 6 armor slots, 3 jewelry slots and 3 weapon slots available.

Scales are comparable to jewelry. They have a statistic base type (armor, health, strength, dexterity, power, focus) and can be teched with most techs except with their base stat (no armor tech to armor scales etc). Because there is no separate 'craft scale' comparable to cargo gear, scale types accept craft techs equally well.
    Last edited by Varangaard; July 16th, 2006 at 03:50 PM.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

the lowest adventure au is (if im correct) 8 per lvl

im not displeased about this, i only asked if this is intented and i got my answer ^^

it seems that this is an feature from HZ

thanks for your explanations

Thread Information