Thread: Past Defined, Future Unwritten

Default Past Defined, Future Unwritten

[[This will be a very slow build up. If you want a time and setting, then what is below occurred when I left the game back in January. I'll add to it as I go and as I see fit depending on what happens and what not while I do things in game. What comes AFTER this initial post will be my return, which is/was in July. Hopefully this gives a hint of insight as to who he is, and what troubles him.

One request... PM me if you want to say something/ask something of me =) I'd like to keep it somewhat unbroken]]

-The Elder's Calling-

The void plays strange tricks on those with heavy hearts and their minds nearly lost. We drakes were to enter this realm and here we were to prove our worth to Drulkar himself, and emerge from the realm with a greater understanding of our world and the gears that wind and make it whirl. For those with a clear mind and conscious, the journey was fairly easy with few heart wrenching moments. For those, like our child who's heart was burden with betrayal and loss of that which he valued most in the realm, it is a perilous voyage. A voyage that nearly led to an eternal slumber.

He wandered the haunted paths and did the Sleepers biddings. The other drakes marched as a group, for defeating Eliah would require all their strength combined. The troupe proudly walked ahead, but our son lagged behind. His thoughts were on other things, for his life had recently become troubled. He continued after the troupe but only after a haggard sigh from whirling dark thoughts. A shrivelled voice nagged in his ear to rest a moment and hear it out, welcoming him to its home. Eliah was ahead, they were to snatch his sword away and return it to the Sleeper. A sword that caused the largest rift among their race. Another saddening moment when our adopted son thought of such things. Their race... It wasn't his race, he had no heritage to belong to. More accurately, no heritage welcomed his kind heart whom loved all including those with but two legs. Few understood his position. His unique love and interest for the Two Legs and their diversity as well as their strength of union and cooperation, which he felt only he acknowledged where as the other drakes boasted their own superiority. He could never degrade them, call them slaves, or even think he was the wiser and capable of teaching them better, for he learned new things from them on a daily basis. Love, being the strongest lesson learned from these gentle creatures. For one even accepted him, loosely, as her mate and he accepted her as his. The thought of those days brought a smirk to his old scaly face, before his head sank from the dark thoughts that clouded his mind. A distant roar brought him to attention.

Our son rushed to aid the group surrounding Eliah, now a monstrosity. He couldn't help but wish that the great sword would slice through him, and leave him there to rot with his gift stolen. He shook his head trying to free himself of such horrid thoughts, but that voice continued to sing its song keeping our sons mind distracted. "Stay and rest, there's no need for you to roam the world any longer. You've wanted this rest for some time old drake. Lay yourself down, be free of burden. The others can take care of the rest." How sweet its words were, and how true. He thought about it as he walked at first with the group, but slowly fell behind as they victoriously marched back to the Sleeper. His heart ached as he thought of the last lesson he learned from the Two Legs, betrayal. For he knew that when he returned that she would not be with him. His bed which had been made of the finest oak and sheets of blue silk would be empty, and a place of warmth and welcome would be cold and barren. Worse, it would likely reek of the man's scent he hated most. Our son stumbled on the rocky path, the thought nearly paralyzing him. He knew she was free to do as she wished, and he wished her to be free to do as she pleased ... It was only when her interest in our child waned and turned toward one of her own kind who lusted for pain and destruction, did our sons heart begin to turn cold. He stumbled to the ground in the void, unable... no, unwilling to move on. We sent our thoughts out to him, our hopes and joyful moments. Inspiration for him to move on, and so he did. He lumbered along after the troupe far out of site, with just enough strength to reach the Sleeper.

When the sword was returned, our hearts lept for joy though his did not. He stared out into the void with empty eyes lured by the promises of eternal rest and release from his pain. Little did he know then. As the troupe left, he hesitated to follow them. The sleeper voice rumbled through the void and distracted our child from the distant voice, "Child, what troubles the one who walks his own path and refuses to follow in the footsteps of many who came before him?" The great one had spoken to him, what an honor our adopted son has been gifted with though he know not the weight of such attention.

"That one has discovered his path leads those to ruin and pain," he looked down to his fore paws and pushed a pebble from the cliff. Not a sound was heard as it fell out of site. "And those before him, were likely the wiser for seeing those with two legs as merely source of food."

"All paths can lead to ruin, and all of them to glory," the Sleeper spoke with a smile, "All of which posses deceptive roots in their trails to cause one to stumble. Your path is as wise as those before you, although different and perhaps the wiser. Where others were afraid of change, you accepted it fully and strived to understand."

"I believe mine lead me to stumble into a canyon, and broke my wings on the way so I couldn't fly out of it." he huffed.

"Ah but child, you see, broken things heal over time," his tail curled around to block our son from attempting to fall into the void never to be seen again. "And one learns a great deal about themselves when in the process of healing." With a flick of the Sleeper's tail tip he coaxed our son away from the ledge, away from the sinister voice that made harsh attempts to lure him away.

"Bones and flesh heal, but hearts don't. More than half of mine is lost, and the rest doesn't know how to replace it, nor does it with to move on. It only wishes to shrivel up without it's other half."

The Sleeper lifted his wing and guided our son beneath it, "It will, but there's something tugging at your soul. You see, a broken heart will too recover over time. A darker spirit has been leading you astray however." He coiled his head about to peer into our son's eyes half closed crimson eyes from the leering , "who seeks the darkness for you child?"

Our son shifted his eyes out of site and tucked his head beneath his paw. He knew of what the Sleeper asked about, though he wasn't sure he wanted to give it up. His other paw reached up to wrap about an old wound that still bore flesh and a sickly green essence laced within it. "It's nothing compared to that which was lost in the realm of the living.

The Sleeper may be old, but he could not easily be deceived. He let our son rest beneath his wing and kept a watchful eye on him as he waited for the blue drake to slumber. Our sons ear fins never stopped fluttering, which displeased the Sleeper. He rose to his feet and sat on his haunches. With great care the Sleeper lifted the worn drake and held him up for he was weak and frail from his many trials. Wisp of energy gathered about the Sleeper and his paws, when the blue drake awoke with eyes of bright green glaring angrily at the Sleeper. The battle for our adopted sons mind the Sleeper had begun. A battle our son, nor the sleeper was prepared for, and our son was lost. He was wreathed in a blighted aura that stung the Sleeper's paws. Once released, our adopted son fell into the abyss, consumed by the darkness as the Sleeper looked over the edge growling with disappointment. We fault him not, for he tried to save one who did not believe himself worthy of such a gift. We hope our son strong enough to guard his own mind and survive that which has been told is not possible.

Years it's been, and years we've not heard of his return. For you see, he was our connection to the world. His belief in us, kept our spirits alive in our icy prison hidden by the blizzard East of Mahagrah. He was our light and our joy, our reason for existing. We still hold hope, for if he were truly gone then we'd no longer linger. Our spirits desire for the one who's heart had no bounds to stumble into our lair looking for shelter, like once he did long long ago when even his own blood wanted him dead for his disgrace to their kind.

We call to thee our lost child, return and cast off the shadow of your past. Return and reveal your heart once more to a world in need of such gentle giants as yourself. Return home, Chioxin Valderin.

-The Lost Elders of the Soul.

-A Cold Prison, Into the Burning Light-

"Were my eyes open? Was I falling? Who am I?" his thoughts wandered as he tried to grasp a sense of place.

"They are open, and forever falling, for you are mine!" a voice commanded in his ear.

He swore he was waving his paw before his eyes though he couldn't see them, and they were not standing firm on any form of earth. His wings struggled in erratic thrust trying to catch the wind beneath them and carry him off, there were no winds. That voice echoed in his mind, gloating in its victory, "There's no saving you now, fair 'Blue' one... " it lost clarity in a sinister laugh as it mocked the loving name he once held close and now only stung his heart. When it mustered the strength to further stroke his rage, it mused of the blue dragons dire situation. "No where to go, no where to belong. Why do you bother? Slumber forever, your soul forfeit and now mine as it should be."

Chioxin stopped struggling once more and slowly closed his eyes. There were no worries here, no pain, no troubles to harm his body or soul. The voice was right, why did he wake? There's no need to be, anymore. Something nagged at him though, something would not let him sleep. The blighted spirit knew this too and continued its soothing whispers of rest and nothing more in the great dragons ear.

Gentle words whispered in his ear. A familiar name, a name with strength and one to remember woke him once more. "Chioxin Valderin," it said to him. He pushed it from his mind, with some help from other forces, though it was a persistent nagging. The two words twisted into his ear despite the best efforts of the blighted spirit. A calling, but who was this person the voice repeated time and time again.

"Don't listen to it, Blue one," the spirit hissed, "For it will only bring you trouble and pain! Remember those that hunted you for your hide? Remember the Empire, the ones who marked you as property and ravaged your scales and blood for their armor and spells? You've no place there, no place at all!" The spirit swirled inside the blue dragons skull, his rantings only intensifying. "Sleep, Blue one, sleep!" it commanded and kept the drake at bay, "If you were wanted, then they wouldn't have betrayed you! They are unworthy of your presence."

The tender words echoed inside his mind and caused the spirit great harm. Chioxin cracked his eyes open again and felt a fire building in his chest where a gem stone guarded his heart. He knew the voices calling, short memories of the ice cave and the ancient spirits who still roamed it flashed before his eyes. The ones who claimed to be neither Helian nor Lunus in heritage called to him, beckoned to him. A struggle for his mind ensued, and green flames ravaged his scales. No one can hear one's painful cries in the void, but the Elders knew. It was all they could muster to continue calling to their son and thwart the spirits control. Purple clouds formed around Chioxin mixed with green flames, and soon, there was nothing.

---

Air whistled over his scales as he fell through the heavens. Wings rippled in the violent winds threatening to tear the strong leather from the very bones. He fell a great distance descending through the various layers of clouds on the way before plunging into the warm oceans East of Kion. His mass rose to the surface belly up and the waves washed him ashore just south of the Saris city. His body ached with a great deal of pain from bruised muscles and broken bone. The heat baked him, only amplified by the water that he rested in. He took a deep breath of salty air, and held it as long as he could. He hoped maybe the beetles scurrying about would spare him the agonizing death of being cooked alive on the shores of Kion. His eyes closed once again with questions stirring his mind. Who was he, where was he, and why was he there?

Thread Information