Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T5 comp collecting time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesh
    we are looking at the "high end" game here, the techs should take time to gather. i dont have a problem with it even though i hate hunting for them.

but to be perfectly honest, i'd rather be hunting the satyr isles for ogre toes than raiding the same wow dungeon week after week after week waiting for a piece of armor to drop.
    to be honest they kinda feel like the same thing to me. The challange was learning new content..
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

It took me close to 2 months to hunt and purchase the comps i needed for my cloth armor. At that time I was putting in about 15 hours per week of play time. For the most part it was fun gathering what I needed, with a few minor exceptions. I ended up sinking about 3g into nadia and other players for some of the comps that wouldn't drop, or because I couldn't kill the mobs (pure caster vs. vexators).

Based on my comp gathering, I think the effort and time needed to complete fully teched stuff is about where it should be. Only thing I would ask of the devs is what lots have already asked for: more spawns of some of the more rare mobs (who usually have very in-demand tech comps, making things 2x as worse)
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

ok, so they are close, the only difference is that i can solo hunt techs, where in other games i am required to hunt with larger groups. causing much more havoc dealing with drops, time restraints and the overall troubles of such setups.

instead of a 4 hour raid once a week, i can log on casually, hunt for awhile, log off when i get to frustrated and come back to it later.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    I'm not sure I get your point here. Are you saying that the speed of everything in the game should be geared towards casual players? Or are you saying that casual players should have some kind of "express" button to be able to get the things they want faster so they can "keep up" with average players?
    Nope, not suggesting that at all, just bringing up one of the points in Vandy's post. Everyone is talking about adjusting the drops and 'balancing' the comps. The core question at that point is relative to WHAT?

Personally I think I hit 5 zombie toes in 2 days after almost a week and about giving up. It's extreme luck of the draw apparently. I didn't mind it too much since I was enjoying being able to kill and hunt on the island finally and was happy providing retirbution for all the times they used to kill me.

We ALWAYS have alternatives. But if everyone is talking about changes the remaining question is what do we change it TO?

-HratLi

I took a contract to provide 12 zombie ww skulls last night and got them all in 5 hrs of play time. I've also had it take me as much as 30 hrs of play time to get 12 skulls.

Like Jayne said, Its like Vegas.

You pay your dues < time > , and take your chances.

I'm fine with the current drops rate.

Sharduk

Quote Originally Posted by Sharduk
    I took a contract to provide 12 zombie ww skulls last night and got them all in 5 hrs of play time. I've also had it take me as much as 30 hrs of play time to get 12 skulls.

Like Jayne said, Its like Vegas.

You pay your dues < time > , and take your chances.

I'm fine with the current drops rate.

Sharduk
    lucky =)

Contact me in game!
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Thread Information