Thread: Lan center taking my life might be gone for a while

Default Lan center taking my life might be gone for a while

I'm sorry to say i may not be around much if at all for.. well a while. i'm working day and night to get a lan center running in my area and i'm totally obsessed with it. i'll miss you guys while i'm on my journey and if it does well maybe i'll have time to drop a line now and then. it will be somewhere near Birmingham,AL(outside it i'm thinking). if i somehow pull this off i'll invite all of you to stop by for a free night of gaming sometime .

I know everyone has a decent gaming rig and cable by now but with the internet i feel we have all lost something. instead of going over to a friends house and lanning(which is never fun to setup) or playing some mortal combat we all hop on our mmo of choice or fps and never leave the house again. i want to reconect people to thier boddies and have a place for friends to come and play together.

As an incentive i plan to custom build about 16 pcs with nice sound and 3d. i'll also have a bit of a pro shop where they can buy a copperhead or a raptor or a g5 and such.

there is only one other in my area and it sucks pretty bad so i have the entire market to myself and tbh i'm tired of all the kids around here having nothing but drinking and drugs to do on the weekends. i know if this type of place was here when i was a teenager i would of been there all the time.
    I also happen to live in a giant residential area with very cheap rent so i'm on top of a gold mine if i do this right or atleast a gold mound.

well wish me luck as i said i'll be stoping by every now and then
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

Hope to see you soon!

Droth

I agree I'm missing Pen and Paper games been having the urge for a while now. If only I was in a position to get a group together would be fun been years since I have had time for that.

Good luck with it and hope you return soon
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Sadly, some moving about in my business has shunted P&P roleplaying to the background for me as well. I'm not even sure the high school or college geek crowd plays D&D or any of the other games anymore. I miss that. Good luck with trying to resurrect "face time" for folks in your area.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Thread Information