Thread: Crashes causing all UI to reset?

Default Crashes causing all UI to reset?

Greetings Folks,

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but my wife has been having crashes periodically that wipe out ALL her UI settings

First one we thought was a fluke, but this second one was the same. Game hung after a recall.... never came back frozen, so she ended task, then when she came back all her UI settings were gone. Pretty frustrating, I havn't had this happen, but then again I make backups of all my prefs regularly from when it USED to happen to me in the first year of the game.

Anyone else seeing this or know a way to prevent it? (Other than backing up prefs, she's very diligent about it now, it takes her an hour of tweeking to get all her bars and chats set back up).

-HratLi

I've had this happen maby 60-70 times so many ive lost count i just recopy the prefs over from a temp folder and im off and running , er , flying ,, ah running
    but yes if the prefs file is open and windows crashes the file is in an open state and gets trashed.
    Sorry thats no help to you other then making backups of the prefs files
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Is she reseting client preferences when she logs in? Not sure, but that could be a possible reason..
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Not that we are aware of. It's a particular type of crash that seems to do it. The effect is that the screen freezes and we even have trouble killing the process. When she comes back all her UI is reset. :\

Just wondering how others delt with it or if they saw it happen at all.

-HratLi

Yep, this happened to me yesterday. Hard lock, forcing me to reboot the comp. When I logged back in, all my UI stuff (chat boxes, everything) had to be set up again.

It's only happened once though (in 2 weeks).
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

If anyone knows which files to "save" that store these settings, can you please post them and the locations?

useloadingscreen, combatspelleffects
    keybindings

Thanks!

BK, I would just save the entire Prefs folder. It's in a half way state currently from what I can tell with some prefs in the individual character's folder and some in the consolidated folder. Best just to ZIP the entire folder up.

-HratLi
    (wonder if this will get posted...)

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

useloadingscreen and combatspelleffects are in ClientPrefs_Common.def in the prefs folder.

keybindings are stored in the individual character pref folders under the name ClientPrefs_Control.def
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Thread Information