Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EI Interactive Acquires Horizins

so only HZ got sold

not Tulga at all?

I'll be taking a look-and-see stance. Of course, that is only possible if Unity gets included in the deal. If they kill EU server, that in no uncertain terms takes me out of the picture.

Assuming for the moment that I'll be able to choose whether or not to continue; I will wait for word from EI heads about how they envision Horizons in the future. What are their plans for the game, what are theri development goals, are they going to implement changes. Once I have a clear idea of their vision, I will decide.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    so only HZ got sold

not Tulga at all?
    HZ yes, TG no.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

From what I gathered. HZ was sold, tulga went under. I could be looking at it wrong though. This is a shame.. I waited quite awhile to play the game and only recently decided to do so for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    I'll be taking a look-and-see stance. Of course, that is only possible if Unity gets included in the deal. If they kill EU server, that in no uncertain terms takes me out of the picture.

Assuming for the moment that I'll be able to choose whether or not to continue; I will wait for word from EI heads about how they envision Horizons in the future. What are their plans for the game, what are theri development goals, are they going to implement changes. Once I have a clear idea of their vision, I will decide.
    There is no 'inclusion' of Unity in the deal as TG never 'owned' Unity, the only way that EI will acquire Unity is if they come to some type of agreement with GN.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

One interesting tidbit, if I may...

On the EI site (or what there is for a site) they show that their corporate offices are in Nashville, TN, and the servers portion seems to be in Butte, Montana...

In another place, I saw something that said they were going to be manning Horizons from their NEW facility in Phoenix, Arizona... see below...
    from E I Interactive's Press Release

E I INTERACTIVE ACQUIRES HORIZONS MMORPG FROM TULGA

Butte, MT - (July 20, 2006)
    EI Interactive (EI) has acquired the game Horizons: Empire of Istaria from Tulga Games effective July 21, 2006. Horizons is an online role-playing game originally published in 2003 by Atari, Inc. and winner of multiple game show awards. Horizons has gone through a genesis, emerging today as a world class MMORPG providing a very stable and intrinsically interactive persistent universe for play.

The quality of the Horizons community and the potential of the Istaria world defines this game as a flagship property. EI is committed to maintaining the integrity of the Horizons way of gaming and will continue the Horizons support in a new Phoenix, Arizona office.

“The magic of Horizons is not only in its uniquely supportive community, but also in the deep potential this game has for a player’s participation in building the environment and growing the storyline�, said EI Chairman Edward C. Andercheck, “the success EI has had in building the Savage Eden community is a great testimony to our in-game event team’s efforts, we look forward to the same experience in Horizons�

EI Interactive is a Butte, Montana division of EI Communications Corp., an established publisher of online content, including MMORPGames, casual games, web based game portals and information sites. EI Interactive combines an intense customer service culture, broad gaming experience and in-depth technology skills to provide a uniquely strong platform for a superior customer experience.

For more information, visit: www.eiinteractive.com - www.mygamehaven.com or contact us today at [email protected]

Now, I have no idea if my thoughts are correct, but if they have opened a new office in another city, to me that means they are either hiring a new team for Horizons, or the old team will be there.. or maybe a mix of both..

Just some food for the rumor mill
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Dravatar

The community I am familiar with consists not only of players, but TG staff as well. I do not want to lose my WM. It would affect the community I love.

In reading the press release and the EI website, it appears that EI is located in Butte, MT but that HZ will be supported from their new Pheonix AZ office. That is where the HZ shop is currently located, correct? Maybe we will still see the same ole folks around after all....

[edit] Whoops, TheHaunt you beat me to this.
    Avarr Hammerwrath
    Dwarven Guardian of Order
    Member of HoM
    Guardian
    Tailor/Armorer
    Carpenter/Fitter/Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Avarr
    I think it would be odd of Tulga to feed us all that info about Settlements, and the new client from DWO just to dump HZ completely to another company. Maybe the Tulga team (or part of it) is moving under the EI banner. Maybe for no other reason to get away from the name Tulga, which I assume was named for Chris Tul-whatever.
    With all the new stuff the devs at tulga were talking about, I don't think they expected this to happen. the owners though could probably do whatever they want if they didn't like how things were going.

Wow... shocking news. I hope this development doesn't mean I will eventually not be able to/want to come back to HZ.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Im a bit shocked myself ofer the sudden event of this happening. I think for now at least.. im just going to sit back and see where it goes. Give it some time.. and with some hope perhaps this will get turned around. *Shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Zais
    With all the new stuff the devs at tulga were talking about, I don't think they expected this to happen. the owners though could probably do whatever they want if they didn't like how things were going.
    hmm maybe only tactic to increase the price they get?

a lot of players stayed because of the "nice" reviews, announcement of the settlement...

i dont believe that a company get sold over night without financial problems (and Tulga is not an official traded company)

Even if the owner wanted to sell he wouldn't have to tell the employees, he could just sell it and be rid of the whole thing. It looks like this EI company doesn't have a big game to give a lot of money, so maybe the owner just dumped it for cheap to keep from losing money.

thats true but i thought the people from AE put their private money together to found TG and buy HZ from AE?

it doesnt change anything for us, its frustrating what happening to us all

Okay...
    I will give EI a bit of time to show me that they have our best interests at heart. I hope they have the desire to listen to the players and know that what makes this game great is that it is not like all the others and that they don't try to change it to be like any other.

HOWEVER...
    If I start to see things going bad, or in a direction that is not good for Horizons as a community... then I will pull my accounts. As much as I love Horizons, I will not put money into a company that is trying to change it into something it is not and was never meant to be. As long as EI maintains Horizons in the way that we know it (no pvp, strong crafting, etc) and continues the growth as the original developers envisioned it, or in any way improves upon those ideas therein.. then I will support them.

In the end... Money is what will talk here.
    If WE are not happy, WE do not pay THEM money.
    If they will listen, we will have a happy Horizons...
    If they don't listen, Horizons is put to rest.

*raises her mead*
    Here's to hoping they listen so I can keep my friends at my side. I want more than anything for this to succeed.

Sincerely,
    LexDivinia
    Chaos
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    thats true but i thought the people from AE put their private money together to found TG and buy HZ from AE?
    No, a former consultant to AE put forth the money for Tulga. To my knowledge the employees never had a part in the funding.
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My understanding is that the backer sold the game .. DB wanted to buy it but EI got it .. does not look like anyone saw it coming..

I'll hold off on any doom and gloom until EI proves themselves one way or another.

Shocking that it sold. Back when they were all wierd about a players name I did a copyright search and never found HZ anywhere. I did however find other game titles. Who would buy something not copyrighted??

If it has been copyrighted feel free to delete this note and post the link to the listing in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by LexDivinia
    In the end... Money is what will talk here.
    If WE are not happy, WE do not pay THEM money.
    If they will listen, we will have a happy Horizons...
    If they don't listen, Horizons is put to rest.
    I really like the way you said this Lexdivinia. If this company dumps all the old devs and starts trying to change things in a way we the players don't like we should send the best message of all: cancel our accounts.

From what people have been saying about old devs being inactive in chats and the boards I'm starting to fear they don't think they need them to continue work on all the new stuff like the expansion and confectioner. we need to send them the message that why we still play is because the devs made the game in a way that we liked, and if ei tries to change that I'm going to cancel my account and come back to the forums every day to make sure they know.

I'm not sure but I think the billing works in a way that if you cancel you can still play up until the next time you would have to pay again. I don't think they delete old characters either. I saw a friend of mine from a year ago come back and he didn't lose anything on his character.
    Last edited by Zais; July 21st, 2006 at 06:22 AM.

Kinda LOL, we are all screwed now

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Thread Information