Thread: Dark World Online???

Default Dark World Online???

I wonder if TUlga is still working on this????

If they can find funding... I suppose.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

nice betrayal of all HZ players

they will develop the new game and ignore all what will happen to their old one ^^

Where do you get these conclusions?

Perhaps the sale of Horizons is funding development of Dark World Online..

Makes sense really... I mean, when you want a new house, you use the sale of the old one to help pay for it, right?

This doesn't mean I'm thrilled. I AM hopeful, but not thrilled... yet.

I just DO understand the logic, if that is indeed what happened.
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

I don't think they are getting funding...I think the person backing them took an offer basically. TG was runnin the show game wise but if financial backers wanna sell and they hold the pink slip there's not much you can do.

ya I heard once that all the investors own the game and the dev folks like david don't have crap

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    nice betrayal of all HZ players

they will develop the new game and ignore all what will happen to their old one ^^
    Well let me put this clearly; officially Tulga has ceased to exist. The only way they can kickstart DWO development is to find new sources of funding.

wow

how can such things happen?

went they bankrupt?

why have they ceased to exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Zais
    ya I heard once that all the investors own the game and the dev folks like david don't have crap
    Oooh... hmm
    I thought DB owned, or at least was a major investor, in T***a and Horizons... hrmmm...

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

Benjamin Disrael

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    wow

how can such things happen?

went they bankrupt?

why have they ceased to exist?
    Well, as far as I can figure by the IRC chat... for reasons unknown to us mere mortals, the owner(s?) of Tulga decided now is a good time to sell Horizons. Note that they sold Horizons the game, not Tulga the company. Tulga's main income would of course be the money they got from the investor(s?) and the game subscription fees. Now that HZ has been sold, investors don't need to invest, and Tulga has no sources of income left.

The Dark World website generates a 400 Bad Request error ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    The Dark World website generates a 400 Bad Request error ^_^
    Put a fork in it?

I think this is a bad move for DWO also if it goes forward. I would have at least tried it for a month or 2 and brought it to support TG and help improve cash flow to help Horizons. But now as they are not linked and I had no real intrest in DWO then I will not even bother with this if it goes forward.

The way I see it. Unless they had a valid reason for selling Horizons, then they basically just turned their backs on their player base. Whether it was to pump money into developing a new game, or to just turn a quick profit. However, the gaming world will not forget struggles within HZ... I serious doubt they'd have a strong player base for DWO. The majority of HZ players won't hold enough trust in them to produce and drag out another game.

just my 2cp..
    100 Chaos Warrior, Cleric, Conjurer, Druid, Guardian, Mage, Monk, Shaman, Spiritist, Warrior
    82 Healer, 61 Wizard, 57 Sorcerer, 27 Battle Mage
    ------------------------------------------------
    100 Carpenter, Confectioner, Blacksmith, Enchanter, Tinkerer
    92 Mason, 91 Gatherer, 87 Weaver, 82 Miner, 78 Outfitter, 78 Tailor, 58 Alchemist, 57 Fletcher, 35 Fitter, 26 Scholar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergon
    The way I see it. Unless they had a valid reason for selling Horizons, then they basically just turned their backs on their player base. Whether it was to pump money into developing a new game, or to just turn a quick profit. However, the gaming world will not forget struggles within HZ... I serious doubt they'd have a strong player base for DWO. The majority of HZ players won't hold enough trust in them to produce and drag out another game.

just my 2cp..
    My understand is Chris did not wish to invest anymore money into Horizons.

If the orginal Poster from IGN is correct then just Horizons was sold off to stop the drain and TG games may still go on working only on DWO.

DB did say he has two projects in mind, one that might appeal to fans of Horizons, one that won't. But Tulga is a basically 'no-income' company atm, so DB may have to form a new company, or join one.

Today, David visited to say goodbye and said that Tulga exists but HZ was the money source... no money source, no payroll. No Payroll, no employees.. So DWO is at best on hold, at worst, dead.

He did, however, go on to say that he hopes we will watch for his future endeavors, as Ijs said... 2 concepts he has in mind....

Max DePree

Benjamin Disrael

Thread Information