Thread: Canceled and staying

Default Canceled and staying

Like many others I canceled my billing today.

But I'm not saying goodbye because I'm not leaving.

I made the mistake with Saga of Ryzom once of not cancelling and paid for a whole month after their disaster of Patch 1.

I don't know what is going on, things might get worse and they might get better. I do know I don't want automatic payment until I find out. So I'll take it month by month until we see how things work out.

To all the Tulga team, thanks for the great game and I wish you good luck in the future. Hopefully the popularity of Horizons with its players will give you the best reference for a future job that you can get.

Aw, I'm playing Ryzom now, it's pretty good. What about it blew up after Chapter 1?

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

I cancelled yesterday as well, with an eye toward looking at what they do over the next couple of months. The sudden move gave me an uneasy feeling, so I'm taking a "prove it to me" before I re-sub attitude. Was currently take a short break anyway, signing in about once or twice a week.

Also have a password issue I can't get resolved (can't log in to the account from launcher or web site), and can't cancel that account and will not renew my other two until that's solved.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

I cancelled today. Without the Tulga team I am absolutely certain there is no possible way the game can be run. I'm basing this off my own experience and knowledge of the internals of the game as well as the knowledge that many of the functions associated with the game cannot be accomplished without the people that helped implement those functions.

I have poured too much effort into this game to pay people to ruin it.

However, as soon as I see more than "we're going to build a team to run this game" in the form of ACTUAL PEOPLE I am certain this game is in for a long and painful death.
    Last edited by Hal`cyon Sskyler; July 22nd, 2006 at 02:04 AM.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

And you're not "basing this" at all off the fact that you're an intern with Tulga who is now out of a job, right Hal?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    And you're not "basing this" at all off the fact that you're an intern with Tulga who is now out of a job, right Hal?
    I was never paid. I took out a student loan and came out here to learn about the industry and help improve the experience for everyone. It's a disappointment to not be able to finish my work (confectioner data entry), but I've learned FAR more about the industry from all this mess than I could from just working with the developers I've known for the past year or so.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    I was never paid. I took out a student loan and came out here to learn about the industry and help improve the experience for everyone. It's a disappointment to not be able to finish my work (confectioner data entry), but I've learned FAR more about the industry from all this mess than I could from just working with the developers I've known for the past year or so.
    I swear, its a curse.... gotta be a curse.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

yep same here i am paid up on all 3 subs till sept 5 but i went ahead and cancelled my auto-rebill today dunno if the new owners have what it takes to pull me back .I used to do a 6-month sub at a time, at the very least it will be month to month come September.

I've cancelled both accounts. I've learned enough of the years in IRC and being able to read back on all the technical bits while I was afk that it takes a whole lot of expertise to run hz. These guys don't have that.
    Their plans scare me quite a bit, and I'd rather I remember this game for how great it was then how horrible someone made it. We'll see what happens when my time runs out.

I've cancelled my account too.
    The recent dragon issues (Silo, Helians bashing and drop out from the DEV) drove nearly to the point of cancelling, but this, it's the drop of water that made the vase overflow.

AE started a great game, Tulga messed it up. Maybe the new owner can fix that up, but I'm not taking any risk. I'll see what that can do, and hopefully, will return if things finally get better.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I've cancelled both accounts. I've learned enough of the years in IRC and being able to read back on all the technical bits while I was afk that it takes a whole lot of expertise to run hz. These guys don't have that.
    Their plans scare me quite a bit, and I'd rather I remember this game for how great it was then how horrible someone made it. We'll see what happens when my time runs out.
    If software engineers were unable to take someone else's software and maintaing and improve it, we wouldn't have any software. I don't know what kind of talent EI has behind it but I will wait and see. Seems like the original devs from AE got their share of complaints, Tulga devs got their complaints, and EI will get theirs. It will be interesting to see where their expertise lies. Personally, I have hoped that Tulga would be able to hire a database guru at some point. Maybe EI has one.

Thread Information