Thread: Brighter days ahead

Default Brighter days ahead

To those who know me, yeah kinda shocked to be here myself. To those who dont I just ask for 60 seconds of your time.

Horizons has been purchased by a company that has already saved a dying MMO.

Tulga couldnt bring their A game ( and I mean no disrespect by that fact is the game is still not complete some 2.5 years after release ) and now a company has shown enough intrest to save the game from having the plug pulled by Chris B.

I said I would resub to Horizons when mangement changed hands and I am a man of my word.. albeit an old word I stick to me guns

Please guys look at what you are getting with the new owners and look at what you are potentially doing to the game with your backhanded attempts to destroy the remaining playerbase...

Will Horizons be around in 6 months if you continue on your tirade? If you really love the game as so many say they do then how could a company saving it from bankruptcy (a second time) be a bad thing?

Let EI have a chance. I am stoked about what they can do for the community and I say if you love Horizons you owe the game that much to stick it out a week.

People are screamign for info from EI and the fact is they've owned the game for what? all of 19 hours? LOL seriously guys. I know its a hard pill to swallow and a lot of egos are hurt because yet again your game took a shot in the solar plexus but give it a week. Thats all I suggest. In 1 week you will know this game for what it is and will be.

Please. I felt so strongly about this change that I have come back to the forums. I am resubbing and I expect many many good things to come from this.

I agree with the general tenor; a couple of points though.

I think that the game was sold because it has turned around. It was probably bought on the cheap, and it now has real potential, with real numbers showing a better financial future. So it was sold at a profit, as VC's are about investment, and NOT game development. Or much of anything else tangibly constructive.

It would be ironic, and very depressing, if the intense efforts by the devs caused them to lose their jobs because they succeeded in turning things around.

And remember that EI bought Horizons as an investment, and wrecking it would not be in their interest in any way. And with a bit of guidance they may well do well.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information