Thread: My lvl 40 something mage...

Default My lvl 40 something mage...

I stayed pure mage because at the time the benefits of magery were awesome. I was a dominating force. (At the time I quit there were only 2 persons on the server higher lvl than me. 1 was a 24/7 macroer and the other an ELAR (pre nerf).

I know classes have been changed /nerfed so much.. is it possible to still play out as a pure mage or do I need to multiclass to even dream about soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus
    I stayed pure mage because at the time the benefits of magery were awesome. I was a dominating force. (At the time I quit there were only 2 persons on the server higher lvl than me. 1 was a 24/7 macroer and the other an ELAR (pre nerf).

I know classes have been changed /nerfed so much.. is it possible to still play out as a pure mage or do I need to multiclass to even dream about soloing?
    Do you refer to any future changes?

I don't know which server you played that mage on -- I levelled my mage solo to lvl 76 (before I left Unity) and though it went slowly, it was not too hard to do once you knew how to handle your spells.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I have a level 41 shaman. When I initially left the game, she was a viable force. Upon my return, about 6 weeks ago, I found her very difficult to solo and have moved to guardian to get her armor up. Guardian is turning out to be more fun for me than shaman has been... it's a shame because I LOVED the shaman way back when.

In my guild, the general advice they give is to solo a warrior/fighter type up very high, then go back to work on your other class... this is to give them a better "fighting chance".

You may be able to solo your mage very well. I have not played any mages past about level 20. However, I will tell you that, with the cloth armor, it might prove to be a tough challenge without the health increases and extra gifts you would get from levelling up another class, first.

Just my thoughts...
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

thanks guys. I sort of feel that without multiclassing into some armor I will be boned but I'm going to give it a whirly.

I am leaving the mage alone untill I get my feet wet again so Im playing a baby dragon for a few days =)

mage can solo fine. I didn't go from 1-100 on the mobs we have now (I did it pre-merge, grinding level 80 mobs) but if you have all your spells and decent gear, it shouldn't be too difficult. It just might be a little slow.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

you can do it... but you need to remember that if you dont have some decent gear/spells, and know how to use them properly you will always have issues. The current mobs are designed typically with multiclassing in mind. I have found that when using a mage as a first class, it was nearly always necessary to fight mobs 2-3 lvls below me until around lvl 50 and had some really nice stunning spells/skills under the belt.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

If you got to 40 something in the old days you should have no trouble soloing now. You can pretty much count on 5 or more different mob types within each five level range for you to pick from. You'll also get access to tier 4 teched equipment when you hit 60+. Better crystals now, and high level alchemists who keep their connies stocked with a full range of buffing potions add to your options.

Versus

Cursed Wolves over and over until RL dogs slink from your path in puzzled fear of your insane muttering.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Nice to know thank you =). I have some weak techs (I think my prize tech was a stun or ice lock tech that helped me nuke stuff at range.)

I'll have to fire up ye ol mage and check it out

Thread Information