Thread: trying to cancel this account

Ladyreno

Default trying to cancel this account

HELP!

I have tried everything I can think of to cancel this. I have gone into manage accounts I'm given the option to create a new account 2nd line to cancel account. I click on cancel and I'm given the following information (credit card is required) lol I'm trying to cancel not create a new account. Please help. I have sent in suport tickets still no response.

Dravatar

Perhaps you can contact EIC about this at [email protected].

jpo

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyreno
    HELP!

I have tried everything I can think of to cancel this. I have gone into manage accounts I'm given the option to create a new account 2nd line to cancel account. I click on cancel and I'm given the following information (credit card is required) lol I'm trying to cancel not create a new account. Please help. I have sent in suport tickets still no response.
    Heh...and don't do what I did. I entered my credit card info while attempting to cancel...thinking it would bring up my account...and I got billed for a second account.

I'm still trying to figure out how to cancel this thing.

The account page appears to be faulty for me as well. Entering the CD key in box 1 and "Cancel Subscription" in box 2 simply results in an error message. It has been claimed in another forum that Pay-by Touch are denying that any contract exists between them and EI. Would an EI representative care to post a reply on this thread to clarify the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by aegor
    The account page appears to be faulty for me as well. Entering the CD key in box 1 and "Cancel Subscription" in box 2 simply results in an error message. It has been claimed in another forum that Pay-by Touch are denying that any contract exists between them and EI. Would an EI representative care to post a reply on this thread to clarify the situation?
    Error Received:
    MRC:IK
    RESPONSE:SERVICE

Seems like you cannot cancel a subscription. Hopefully they can fix this in the next 3 weeks.
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

The best bet is to talk to your back and stop the charge. Explain to them that you can not cancel due to web page problems and they should be able to help you.

If you were double or triple billed again contact you bank and tell them you want to reverse the charges and that the contract between company offering the service and the billing company is now over and The billing compony will not help you. Also that the service is now owned by a new company so both those routes are closed to you to get your mony back. They should have ways to get thier money back and should recoup you the money. There may be a small fee for this but it should be less then the sub you lost I would think.

Thanks for the suggestion, Deth.

I too got the error

Error Received:
    MRC:IK
    RESPONSE:SERVICE

very frustrating.
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Dravatar

This may shed some light on the billing concerns. Check out post#9 in this thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...869#post139869.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravatar
    This may shed some light on the billing concerns. Check out post#9 in this thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...69#post139869.
    gets me to a page that says :

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Dravatar

The latest and greatest news about billing, including how to cancel accounts, is located in http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15088.

You should always look in the announcements section of the forums to see the latest news for items of general concern.

Thread Information