Thread: I'm a uniter, not a divider.

Tsujigiri

Default I'm a uniter, not a divider.

Hi,
    I’ve recently decided to come back to Horizons after not playing it for a very, very long time (since about the 3rd month after release). I had the standard "coming back to Horizons" questions that I got the answers to from some kind folks on the general boards that are on Unity. I would like to play on a server that has mature players of their sort, however, I realize that this is also the EU server, and I live in California.

I currently play City of Villains with a group that is largely from Britain. They're great folks, but I inevitably began to experience issues with being the only clanmate around when I log in due to that whole "sun not shining on the whole Earth at once" business. This all brings me to my question, which is this:

Is the night life on Unity active enough to keep someone from GMT-8 from being bored, or should I just go with the Chaos server?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any thoughts are appreciated.

Tsujigiri

Nevermind. I see now. Apparently Horizons is a divider.

hiya i would suggest the chaos server if you are just starting out. the unity server has had many problems with support/patches etc.. Chaos i am sure will find several people on during you playing hours. I hope you join up and enjoy the game as i have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsujigiri
    Nevermind. I see now. Apparently Horizons is a divider.
    With respect what ARE you talking about?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Tsujigiri

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    With respect what ARE you talking about?
    Once I installed and loaded up the game I realized that Unity is not a server option for me as an American. My offhand comedic title was a play on the Bush II "uniter not a divider" speech; me being the uniter since I was attempting to bridge the gap in cross-Atlantic monster asskickery by joining a European server. But alas, my ambitions were dashed by my server options, hence the game being the inevitable divider.

I suspect you could always get an EU account and attempt your unification mission that way...
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

https://horizons.eu.istaria.com/

if you want to play on the unity shard you have to use this url

TG offended GN and toke this link from their loginpage some weeks ago

i wont advice you to start on an NA shard

if you search the boards you will see why

OK the service on Unity is non-existing but maybe (GN told us) they will improve it and attract new players again

edit: oh i missed that you are from california, the i advice you an NA shard ^^ i dont know if you are allowed to play on unity (different payment, but should work)
    Last edited by Vlisson; July 26th, 2006 at 04:56 AM.

If you really want to play on Unity, follow Vlissons Link. We have a whole bunch of payment options, one of them should fit.
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

You will find mature and friendly players on Unity, and as well on Chaos and Order (yes, there is yet another shard in the US besides Chaos).

Which shard will fit your needs best might depend on the time of day you usually play; remember people overseas are in a different time zone, even though some of them play at odd hours.

Welcome to Istaria
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information