Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nature Immunity

Druids don't light a candle to Shamans except when multi-classes. I hardly call that "well-rounded".

I do quite well with my druid - as long as I play smart. And I've leveled just fine. I can't mass pull all mobs, but I can mass pull some. Yes, I have reaver backup, but can't use the main melee weapons or armor from that class.

From all that I read in this thread, from All of the posters, I think I'm siding with the OP on this.

Making mobs 100% immune to a class's main/only real form of Damage Dealing, especially when there are no mobs out there 100% immune to the OTHER classes' DDs.

Do you see 100% Fire Immunes?
    100% Primal Immunes?
    100% Ice Immunes?
    100% Physical Immunes?

If there are, I haven't heard of them. So why should we single out all of the Nature users and make some 100% Nature Immune mobs? Doesn't make any sense unless we start dropping mobs with OTHER immunes to make up for it.

--Dhalin

There are actually mobs that seem to be 100% spirit immune - the robots around the observatory and in old rachival.

Okay, so there's 100% Nature Immune and 100% Spirit Immune....

That still says nothing about Fire, Ice, Primal, and Physical...

And why the Total Immune? Why not 99% Resist instead? *blink* Nothing like totally killing a class or two's ability to fight the mob, period. Heh. If they wanted to block a certain spell, why not make the mob immune to that SPELL instead of the entire magic type?

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Heh. If they wanted to block a certain spell, why not make the mob immune to that SPELL instead of the entire magic type?
    Just a guess, but a lot of the systems in Horizons work on keywords. It's easier to set a class of mob as immune to any attack that has the "Nature" keyword than it is to create new keywords for specific spells and then add each of those individual key words to the appropriate mobs.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    You're ignoring Dark Cyclone. How many people take druid just for that, hmm?

Pleading that CoT is "generic" - what's that supposed to mean? From the context, I assume it's supposed to be derogatory. I'm going to guess your intention was to connote that CoT is somehow feeble or underpowered, perhaps even useless except in specific situations.

Please.

CoT does unstoppable damage. You can kill a group of mobs by doing nothing but standing there and healing yourself while they die on CoT. You can root and stun adds, you have very nice heal access PLUS a strong HoT, you have a melee stun, and you have an area root. How can you claim to be "weak" with a straight face?

Seriously, your grass is pretty ******** green as it is. Claiming that you are gimped and that all these other folks have it easy is what's "bunk". You want to kill like an AoE nuker? That's easy. Level mage. If your "build" is so lame, it's up to you to fix it. You're the one that picked it out.
    Oh yes Dark Cyclone! Our once every 20 minute epic spell that we quest to get :O How dare I forget about that? You have it too there reaver boy. So do shamans and spiritists, and clerics and healers. How hippocritic of you to hold it against those who stay as druids instead of those who then move on to reaver, spiritist, cleric, healer, etc.

Here we go with the normal Horizons mentality. Dont like your class? Mad cuz they nerfed the heck out of it after you did it? Your solution is to pick whatever class they havent nerfed! Jump on a universal bandwagon. Diversity is overrated and nobody wants to be different. Lets see if we can bring in players that way! Advertising cookie cutter builds has gotta work, right? Hopefully EI has alot of financial backing to make it through the learning curve if they try that route or they will lose just as much money as TG did. A handfull of veterans arent going to keep life in this game with the costs of it.

Anyway moving on... cloak of thorns... its a nice asset and the only redeeming quality of an otherwise would be doomed class. Dragons have spiked scales, conjs have glaring quills, misc people have pulsing spectrum crystals and such... yes that makes it generic in nature but I did not say ineffective. Its effective for all classes that have it. Moreso with spiked scales I believe.

Nah. My dragon has spiked scales. CoT is much more useful. I never really have to wait for it to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiko
    Melee ward barely works anymore liked it used to. It is a nice boon to have as a multiclassed melee guy, but as a pure mage, the effect is useless. Mobs have too high of attack skill now a days.
    Thank you, Hiko. I (pure mage) was beginning to wonder if I did something seriously wrong because once a mob gets into melee with me, he usually hits me quite effectively.

But I don't complain -- I knew what I was getting into when I chose my class.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default How long does the immunity last?

I have sent countless days in the fyakki, even after the adding of the nature resistance... I seemed to have made lvl 100 druid there.. hhmm.

It just means you kill it quicker, or just heal yourself till the effect fades.

Oh.. and spirt bolt works wonders too.. hehe

(side note please no politics here.. this isnt the CNN community site )
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Uther Blade
    I have sent countless days in the fyakki, even after the adding of the nature resistance... I seemed to have made lvl 100 druid there.. hhmm.

It just means you kill it quicker, or just heal yourself till the effect fades.

Oh.. and spirt bolt works wonders too.. hehe

(side note please no politics here.. this isnt the CNN community site )
    The effect fades??? We are not talking about stuff like hardened shell, but about the total imunity of envolved mobs against nature dmg, guess there you can try and wait a few days until it fades. And Druid still isn't the only nature using school....

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

I think the old devs did a lousy and short sighted job for the most part in their "attempt" to stop some of the massive farming. Just complete lack of real experience in the game has done this, all the stats and behind the scenes knowledge doesn't let you know the real problems, it gave them a false sense of what was wrong.
    The nature immunities are absolutely stupid designs, but I do disagree with the tone of this thread, all it is asking for is more power and farming ability.

YES: That Nature-Immunity is a laugh. Killing Vet.Aegror in 3 hits, but the lvl 40 Fly that came with him still buzzes around?

NO: Druids are not weak. Pretty much one of the deadliest school - if you have cleric/healer too.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I think the old devs did a lousy and short sighted job for the most part in their "attempt" to stop some of the massive farming. Just complete lack of real experience in the game has done this, all the stats and behind the scenes knowledge doesn't let you know the real problems, it gave them a false sense of what was wrong.
    The nature immunities are absolutely stupid designs, but I do disagree with the tone of this thread, all it is asking for is more power and farming ability.
    Ok lets look at what you said there about farming. Some builds are good for farming and some are good for quick kills. There is a balance there and its important you see it. Look at how fast warriors kill single mobs. If a warrior pulls 3 and a druid pulls 3 they will probably kill them about the same time. The druid will be casting spells that hit all 3 at once while the warrior will be using multistrike, cleave, critical hit, etc.

Im a master druid and I play it well but still if you put me in with some warriors or mages ungrouped, I am not going to be able to loot anything because they have much higher damage output than I do. However, I might live where they would die because of my extra heals and I might triumph because of cloak of thorns. If I can keep myself alive long enough, I will win. That is the tradeoff. I trade quick kills and people drooling over my damage output for a strong defense. There is an essential balance there and it need be applied across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Im a master druid and I play it well but still if you put me in with some warriors or mages ungrouped, I am not going to be able to loot anything because they have much higher damage output than I do.
    If you are howling that druids are underpowered and If your being outdamaged by a warrior or a mage and your only using 2 AoE's then imo you are far from being a 'master' either that, or your being intentionally disingenous about your statements.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    If you are howling that druids are underpowered and If your being outdamaged by a warrior or a mage and your only using 2 AoE's then imo you are far from being a 'master' either that, or your being intentionally disingenous about your statements.
    You get two AoE damage spells: Lightning and Thunder, as compared to arcane having Fire, Ice, and Energy bombs and Dragons getting whatever 4 they get (i havent played my dragon in a year so i forget the names). You are either unfamiliar or nerf trolling to even post what you did. You obviously have something against druids and quite probably against *me* period judging by the thread hopping behavior. Anyway, go as a druid to a spawn ungrouped with warriors with their multistrike, cleave, and critical hit, and melee flurries, and arcane casters with their bombs and multicasts and see how much experience, money, and loot you get. Druids take much longer to kill single targets than warrior classes, and longer to kill pulls than arcane. Its that simple and its plain fact. Not only that but we have VERY weak power for casting unless multiclassed, at a pitiful 400 maxed.

Here is the breakdown on stats per level:
    Strength 5, Power 4, Focus 8, and Dexterity 6.

For skills per level:
    Nature 10, Magic Evasion 9, Augmentation 7, Evasion 8, Shield 8, One hand crush 8, Two hand crush 7, with an armor use of 9 and the restriction to cloth or leather.

Again, the nature immunity is not called for, cheap in nature, and should be removed.
    Last edited by Tarran of Chaos; July 27th, 2006 at 05:43 PM.

You get two AoE damage spells: Lightning and Thunder, as compared to arcane having Fire, Ice, and Energy bombs and Dragons getting whatever 4 they get (i havent played my dragon in a year so i forget the names). You are either unfamiliar or nerf trolling to even post what you did. You obviously have something against druids and quite probably against *me* period judging by the thread hopping behavior. Anyway, go as a druid to a spawn ungrouped with warriors with their multistrike, cleave, and critical hit, and melee flurries, and arcane casters with their bombs and multicasts and see how much experience, money, and loot you get. Druids take much longer to kill single targets than warrior classes, and longer to kill pulls than arcane. Its that simple and its plain fact. Not only that but we have VERY weak power for casting unless multiclassed, at a pitiful 400 maxed.

Here is the breakdown on stats per level:
    Strength 5, Power 4, Focus 8, and Dexterity 6.

For skills per level:
    Nature 10, Magic Evasion 9, Augmentation 7, Evasion 8, Shield 8, One hand crush 8, Two hand crush 7, with an armor use of 9 and the restriction to cloth or leather.

Again, the nature immunity is not called for, cheap in nature, and should be removed.

I have nothing against you or druids, I too am a 100 druid, and a 100 healer, and a few other classes like you. However, unlike you, I find druids rather overpowering, and most definately NOT underpowered as you do.

So, how is it you reconcile that one person finds them 'weak' and one finds them not so. You have to look at how they are being played and the intelligence of the players. That sir is what it boils down to.

And I'll say it again very plainly, if being a druid is too much work and too painful I'd strongly recommend that you find another class. You seem to have warrior and mage envy, try one of those.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

You obviously have something against druids
    No he has something against every one.

J/K He has very strong options and is not afraid to bring them to light. I think his, as is mine, goal is to bring some sibilance of balance to all classes.

Anima

Default Green grass

<waves!>

Hiya! As you can see from my signature I'm 100% arcane with healer and monk for defensive goodness. I've howled a few times in the forums about certain boss creatures having all out immunity to crowd control, but you wont catch me complaining about regular creatures and thier strengths/immunities.

I wear cloth armor and my only form of damage mitigation is to root, snare, mez or stun my prey. When I run into a named that has crowd control immunities.. Fafner, mehdeon(sp) ect. I run... thats the only option I have and still live.

When I fight things like satyrs that have immunitys to roots and snares, my only options are to use stuns and mezes. Marrow guards are all out immune to binding crystals, a ice based root spell I use. Lets not forget about most beetles/fayyaki and thier hardened shell ability, super hard on melee folks or anyone without spirit bolt, if I remember correctly circle of thorns ignores that.

<grins> Mage types are all about damage... they better have plenty of power. Because without multischooling they have the lowest health, worst armor and no healing.

Warriors are in the same boat, they trade damage and armor for lack of range, healing and crowd control

Immunities and abilitys, advantages and disadvantages. These are the spice of life in this game. Druid is a well rounded school unlike many others.

Stop whining, work around your disadvantages and enjoy your advantages, some schools are much worse off.

<waves!>

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    I have nothing against you or druids, I too am a 100 druid, and a 100 healer, and a few other classes like you. However, unlike you, I find druids rather overpowering, and most definately NOT underpowered as you do.

So, how is it you reconcile that one person finds them 'weak' and one finds them not so. You have to look at how they are being played and the intelligence of the players. That sir is what it boils down to.

And I'll say it again very plainly, if being a druid is too much work and too painful I'd strongly recommend that you find another class. You seem to have warrior and mage envy, try one of those.
    Spew whatever fabrication and opinion you'd like. What I have stated is fact which is always of more merit than the baseless vague opinions you dissemble. Upscroll to recount them. I am not in here posting for more power for druids. I am posting against the generic nature 100% immunity nerf. That something would "evolve" to be 100% nature damage immune is completely assinine. When I look at it and my eyes follow the dotted line back to where it came from it explains alot. Its still not, however, necessary.

Thread Information