Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nature Immunity

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    I am posting against the generic nature 100% immunity nerf. That something would "evolve" to be 100% nature damage immune is completely assinine. When I look at it and my eyes follow the dotted line back to where it came from it explains alot. Its still not, however, necessary.
    Not necessary is an opinion that YOU hold, its NOT fact. Also its your opinion about whether something could 'evolve' that way or not. I suppose next you'll be spouting evolution theory to us saying 'its not possible'. BS.

Now as to whether it was needed or not, TG decided it was and they did it. Do you think the devs put that in for their health? Do you think they did it because it wasn't necessary? Clearly they had a reason and it was done. Dont like it, find a way to implement what they had in mind.
    Last edited by Seranthor; July 28th, 2006 at 02:42 AM.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

The "Evolved" fyakki, if that's what you are referring to, are immune to everything except ethereal damage and damage thru armor abilities (like cloak of thorns) when they use evolved shell. You gotta wait for it to pass like everyone else.

Or take up spiritist and supplement your class. Spiritist is one of the classes that complements druid. most of the spells are useable by both classes.

Druids aren't nerfed because fyakki (or other mobs) have nature immunity. Various mobs have various immunities. You ran into a nature immune mob? Fight something else, or fight that mob in a different class or with different spells/abilities.

You get two AoE damage spells: Lightning and Thunder, as compared to arcane having Fire, Ice, and Energy bombs and Dragons getting whatever 4 they get (i havent played my dragon in a year so i forget the names). You are either unfamiliar or nerf trolling to even post what you did. You obviously have something against druids and quite probably against *me* period judging by the thread hopping behavior. Anyway, go as a druid to a spawn ungrouped with warriors with their multistrike, cleave, and critical hit, and melee flurries, and arcane casters with their bombs and multicasts and see how much experience, money, and loot you get. Druids take much longer to kill single targets than warrior classes, and longer to kill pulls than arcane. Its that simple and its plain fact. Not only that but we have VERY weak power for casting unless multiclassed, at a pitiful 400 maxed.

Here is the breakdown on stats per level:
    Strength 5, Power 4, Focus 8, and Dexterity 6.

For skills per level:
    Nature 10, Magic Evasion 9, Augmentation 7, Evasion 8, Shield 8, One hand crush 8, Two hand crush 7, with an armor use of 9 and the restriction to cloth or leather.

Again, the nature immunity is not called for, cheap in nature, and should be removed.
    Do better than that. Ahh hey I just remembered who you are. LOL yes its official. We dont like each other :P

Do better than that. Ahh hey I just remembered who you are. LOL yes its official. We dont like each other :P
    Plenty of ways to become that pimp... just not on fyakki and necroflies anymore... takes knowledge, thats how the pimps become pimps.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    The "Evolved" fyakki, if that's what you are referring to, are immune to everything except ethereal damage and damage thru armor abilities (like cloak of thorns) when they use evolved shell. You gotta wait for it to pass like everyone else.

Or take up spiritist and supplement your class. Spiritist is one of the classes that complements druid. most of the spells are useable by both classes.

Druids aren't nerfed because fyakki (or other mobs) have nature immunity. Various mobs have various immunities. You ran into a nature immune mob? Fight something else, or fight that mob in a different class or with different spells/abilities.
    Im not referring to the fyakki's harden shell. In all actuality this is not a specific druid nerf. Its a nerf against the nature skill and Dark Cyclone. TG didn't like mystics much and it showed. But in any event, random mobs with 100% nature immunity is complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Plenty of ways to become that pimp... just not on fyakki and necroflies anymore... takes knowledge, thats how the pimps become pimps.
    I'm not sure your accredited to give out that type of information.

I'm not sure your accredited to give out that type of information.
    Maybe, maybe not. However, I survive quite well regardless of the weapon I wield or the class I decide to play. And I'm most definately not here shedding tears about my race/class being 'borked' either, you sir appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Take it or take it not, but that is pretty wrong, a evolved Fyakki used to have:
    1: Evolved Shell, a ability that lasts about 30 seconds and is immune against everythin except Ethereal dmg and dmg shield stuff.
    2: Nature Immunity, they can't be damaged with damage type nature anywhere, anytime.

For me that is a slightly difference

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

im not affectec by this problem but it dont sounds correct

i dont think that this mobs are intended to have a full immunity

if this is intended then it would be nice to get the ingame knowledge why this happened

My best guess is what I've said before. The devs have a very very one sided look at the world, and believe that this or that is a problem when it is not. So they nerf what they believe what the problem was (Nature AoEs in this case) and haven't even seen the other side.
    This is a pretty regular theme we have seen over the years, just lack of understanding of real mechanics has always really bugged me.

I would say you have more of a complaint of bias if every mob had 100% nature immunity. That is not the case. If fyakki are so troublesome, don't fight them. They're really easy to avoid. If you need drops from fyakki, team up with a spirit powered person for a hunt. I haven't done a whole lot with the boss mobs. When I have I've been in group and there's been a mix of powers being thrown at them. I haven't really had the time to track what is or isn't working well for everybody. If I'm grouped with someone and we run into a mob that is immune to nature damage (for example) I concentrate on healing and buffs instead for that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania
    I would say you have more of a complaint of bias if every mob had 100% nature immunity. That is not the case. If fyakki are so troublesome, don't fight them. They're really easy to avoid. If you need drops from fyakki, team up with a spirit powered person for a hunt. I haven't done a whole lot with the boss mobs. When I have I've been in group and there's been a mix of powers being thrown at them. I haven't really had the time to track what is or isn't working well for everybody. If I'm grouped with someone and we run into a mob that is immune to nature damage (for example) I concentrate on healing and buffs instead for that fight.
    Again, its not just fyakki. It's the "evolved" bs. Its a big mystic nerf. You know as well as anyone how I feel about dragons and their almost exclusive content over the past year and a half in what could be seen as a sellout marketing attempt to draw in new players, but I had resigned myself to just waiting for our biped love and all I see are biped nerfs... primarily mystics at this point. I think the powerleveling nerf was the only broad spectrum one. The game has some stool pigeons who dont want anyone to be able to level fast like they did. I dont think that is healthy for the game in the end to make it that much harder on newer players. People are going to stay in Horizons because they have built something they are proud of. Nerfs negatively affect that experience and again I suggest the nature immunities be eliminated as they are unfair and target only the mystics. How about instead of nerfing Dark Cyclone, they just add more epics? Nerfs are always negative in nature. Make it a positive.

Nerfs are always negative in nature. Make it a positive.
    So stop being negative If it's only the evolved forms, then avoid the evolved forms...plain and simple! Spiders give me fits, so I avoid spiders (except when I need to pull out their stringy little eyes to put on my scales).

Nerfs negatively affect that experience and again I suggest the nature immunities be eliminated as they are unfair and target only the mystics. How about instead of nerfing Dark Cyclone, they just add more epics? Nerfs are always negative in nature. Make it a positive.
    So, can you explain why you just started a thread demanding rangers be nerfed by removing CoT and a large number of weapons skills, and adding nothing in return?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    So, can you explain why you just started a thread demanding rangers be nerfed by removing CoT and a large number of weapons skills, and adding nothing in return?
    Because he got shown the error of his ways and doesn't want to own his big mouth. He'd much rather hate on someone or something than admit the truth.

Exclamation Why not ask for a fix, instead of a nerf????

I am not sure what happened, but I DO know that my shaman is much less effective now than she was when I made her. (I was absent from the game and returned to find many changes, including the viability of my shaman). I'm trying to find other ways to play her effectively, including studying other schools...

BUT, I enjoy the druid schools... I want to play shaman, guardian and ranger. I don't know why all this hate is coming at me (or us of the druid inclination). I don't understand why this person seems to feel that somehow druids/ nature schools have taken the power away from mystics... TG took it away, if anyone... so why all the hate at the nature schools?

You've got 2 threads on the topic of druid/nature stuff that you want nerfed... Maybe you should reconsider your approach?

Why not ask for your mystic class to be fixed, rather than trying to ruin schools that other people play?
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

lol perhaps you should head over to the ranger page again and see the purpose it is there. It is there to put things in perspective for the nerf callers. Anyones class could be next. The nature immunity bs nerf should not be in effect. For something to be 100% immune to nature damage is complete nonsense unless there are 100% immunities across the board. 100% immunities to flame, ice, and energy. 100% immunity to spirit. 100% immunity to all melee damage. (and again we are not referring to temporary mob abilities but permanent immunities.) If its fair for one its fair for all. "If its good for the goose, its good for the gander." Its a blatant one sided nerf and should be terminated immediately and with apologies :P

Grow up, find some stones and act like they are yours. Its a freakin game, if you dont like it have mommy and daddy show you how to cancel your account.

Here is a suggestion for EI. REMOVE the nature immunities TG placed. TG's whole reign was not unlike the Bush regime. They did this game alot of harm which is not theoretically irreparable because it could be repaired but it realistically irreparable because I doubt it ever will be. I wish I would have been around at the beginning to play longer before TG aquired it from AE.

Anywho, my main class is druid and I don't appreciate the nerfs. I happen to like fighting T6 and as a druid I dont have alot of offensive power to begin with. Melee and Arcane classes kill faster. This is a cartload of bs.
    This post is really belongs in suggestions. So, if you wish to repost there, please do so. Thread is getting out of hand with snide comments, which doesn't help the community as a whole.

Dravatar

I would like to reiterate Peaches' points about the snide remarks. Namecalling and suggestions about how others use anatomical parts are personal attacks, which are disallowed.

Our rules state "Keep all discussion civil." Civility involves respecting the posts of others whether you agree with them or not.

Thank you
    Last edited by Dravatar; July 31st, 2006 at 04:51 PM.

Thread Information