Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish List of Three Happy Items.

Default Wish List of Three Happy Items.

Just a place to collect what we'd most like to see. Three items maximum, with a sentence or two why you chose that. It's understood that development will likely be well in the future, given the technology transfer issues.

1. Keep Peter Beagle, and expand his role. A name better known than Horizons', which would help marketing; he's been through the learning curve, and he wrote an excellent quest.

2. The Eastern Continent. A dream of mine since we used to roam the uninhabited Wedge in Beta, jump over the back wall towards the East, run East and fall off the end of the world.

3. Make the live events fun for players of all levels, and have some of them take place in the hidden corners of Istaria; the dryad isle, the spiral city, the funny blight "pads" up from the summoner's tower at the back of the Eastern Deads; the various towers.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

1. Reverse the patch with brought with it the screwed up aggro, Nadia price increase, the decimation of the golem spawns.

2. Bring back the multi-mob bonus that got nerfed.

3. Put in a biped quest to make Dracul biped accessible. The spawn rate in other areas was butchered to make the spawn in Dracul more than what was available in their previous spawn spots or, remove the mob spawns from Dracul and put them back where they were before.

1) *repeats Kulamata's No. 3 above verbatim*

2) The Holy Fluff! Hair stylists, rose bushes, wall hangings, ivy, and so on!

3) More Tier VI resources.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

redo the loot tables

bring on the undead hordes

More dwarf chicks

explanation http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=9266

NimK
    Last edited by Crazyfingers; July 28th, 2006 at 03:41 AM.
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

1. More quests. The game needs a LOT more quests. Better indication of where and/or how (as in hints) of how to complete the quests.

2. More player guides/maps. Updating the website and FAQ. If someone wants to know what classes/schools are available, they shouldn't have to go to off-site (although that website is good for what it does). Btw, the original manual did not list all the adventure/crafting schools either.

3. Did I say more quests?
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

1.) more quests -- and emblems for lower levels as well

2.) fluff (collectibles, fun items, knicknacks)

3.) live events where low levels can participate in and make a difference
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

1. - Fix adventuring teams. Add aggro control and fix the exp. to be rewarding for grouping rather than punishing within a reasonable level range.

2. - Implement the Horizons storyline. Through quests, live events, and fluff.

3. - Palmyra, I wanna go there

Well I haven't played the game in some time so my opinions may not matter anymore...............but I'll list three things that would make me come back.

1) A real WA threat, by this I mean a WA that attacks and destroys towns and everthing in them if left alone. WA zones and Blights where I am scared to go afk in. I'm talking attacks from the WA at all levels from the starter island to Tazoon itself.

2) More adventuring love. I don't want to wonder around for hours not seeing a single mob, there is alot of empty land to fill up, yes I tried the trial not too long ago, there is still tons of empty land out there. I want to feel the danger dang near everywhere I go............

3) More story driven quest, not kill 20 golems, I'm talking "Hey Paladin there's a town under attack, the Mayor's family has been kidnapped by the WA, find the enemy encampent and save them!!"

4) Because I am Paladin and I don't like following the rules, Dozer and Tant naked, wrestling in a bath tub full of pork and beans every Thurday night.................I'd have two accounts just for this.

Come rant with the big boys
    http://rantsrefugees.proboards29.com/index.cgi
    Last edited by Paladin; July 28th, 2006 at 08:38 AM.

Hey, Paladin...where's that great Rants signature

As far as a wish list:
    1. In-game mail
    2. Complete nerf of multiclassing so everyone doesn't have to get 600 levels to compete. Crafting too, so everyone isn't so ******** self-sufficient.
    3. a better consignment system. This one sucks
    4. 3 more wishes

.... wait ... I'm not finished ....
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn
    Hey, Paladin...where's that great Rants signature

As far as a wish list:
    1. In-game mail
    2. Complete nerf of multiclassing so everyone doesn't have to get 600 levels to compete. Crafting too, so everyone isn't so ******** self-sufficient.
    3. a better consignment system. This one sucks
    4. 3 more wishes

.... wait ... I'm not finished ....

Freaking sig ain't working for some reason............oh wait,there it goes. Oh duh, just thought about that, yeah you mean the one of me flipping everyone off and say the F word................yeah Peaches would cough up a fur ball.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Default Your opinions for the game always count!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    Well I haven't played the game in some time so my opinions may not matter anymore...............but I'll list three things that would make me come back.

1) A real WA threat, by this I mean a WA that attacks and destroys towns and everthing in them if left alone. WA zones and Blights where I am scared to go afk in. I'm talking attacks from the WA at all levels from the starter island to Tazoon itself.

2) More adventuring love. I don't want to wonder around for hours not seeing a single mob, there is alot of empty land to fill up, yes I tried the trial not too long ago, there is still tons of empty land out there. I want to feel the danger dang near everywhere I go............

3) More story driven quest, not kill 20 golems, I'm talking "Hey Paladin there's a town under attack, the Mayor's family has been kidnapped by the WA, find the enemy encampent and save them!!"

4) Because I am Paladin and I don't like following the rules, Dozer and Tant naked, wrestling in a bath tub full of pork and beans every Thurday night.................I'd have two accounts just for this.

Come rant with the big boys
    http://rantsrefugees.proboards29.com/index.cgi
    Will pass on coughing up the furball though! *g*

Put the finishing machines back out in the field. (Anvil in the Aug mines, etc.)

1: Dungeons and Quests, Dungeons and quests... all I want is some "Dungeons and quests!" (as the dog keeps looking)

2: Please fix or repair the client lag, I cannot stand anymore the "waiting 2 minutes" for a teleport ring to render so I can "go places"

3: Last but not least... Try and do a great job running this game, and try not to ******* off the playerbase. They are your bread and butter, are mostly here with you guys to the end, and word of mouth can get more customers from happy customers.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

1. More Monsters with better exp

2. More Monsters with better loot

3. More Monsters that attack towns with better loot and better exp

Did I mention more monsters, Where are the Trolls, Goblins, Vampires and other two legged evil things you find in a land of fantasy. Eventually Im going to dye the Fiends with White Armor Dye and give them some fake fangs from the Halloween Festival and then hunt them as Vampires.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Only three wishes, eh? Might as well wish big, then. ;-)

1) I wish for a clear and explicit statement by EI management and ownership that it is their intention and committment to continue to add meaningful content and develop new systems for the game, followed (as soon as possible) by a successful demonstration of their ability to follow through on that committment. I'm not expecting to see a full development team in place tomorrow or anything, but I do want to know, as soon as possible, that artists are working on assets, programmers are learning the systems and languages, and the development team is working on storyline content.

This is critical, because without meaningful new content & system development, the game is stagnant, no matter how many live events you run.

2) I wish for a clear and explicit commitment by EI ownership, management, and employees that those players who have been subject to disciplinary actions against their accounts in the past are not going to get a clean slate simply because of the transition to EI. I've read the rules of conduct EI has posted for Savage Eden, and would be very happy to see them instituted and enforced here.

If someone who offended previously mends their ways and conducts themselves appropriatly, great! A prior offender who offends again should have the prior offences considered when determining what action to take against their account.

3) I wish for a clear and explicit commitment by EI ownership, management, and employees to strengthening and growing the player community through personal involvement and interaction, active dialog, and appointment of a community manager who is willing and able to take ownership of that position's duties. Polls are great, town meetings are great, but the communication is one-way. A dialog means an exchange of ideas and responses. I am glad that we've gotten some news from EI recently and I look forward to more. However, if I can look at a post and play buzzword bingo with it, it's not a dialog between persons. Talk to us like people, let us get to know you, and learn who we are.

I'd like to see a community manager who is able to both serve as a spokesperson for the team and an advocate for the community. I'd like to see someone who has an investment in growing Horizons fandom and who has the backing of the EI management & ownership to do so. A CM is no substitute for active dialog between players and management, but should willing & able to facilitate it.

There you go.
    *tosses coin into wishing well..*
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

1- Finish Confectioner.

2- Add new racial buildings

3- Finish the furniture

1. Keep the Nadia changes in and tweak drops and spawn rates so we can have a real comp market.

2. Add dragon riding. Riding of other mounts too if possible. (boats and swimming would be cool too if I'm not asking for too much).

3. Add dragon schools.

4. Add the Eastern continent.

5. Keep the client updated. It's going to desperately need a graphics update soon and it's best to anticipate that rather then wait until the crisis before moving. The water in HZ has always looked particularly terrible. It's about time that was fixed.

6. Modify dragons so they aren't a one hit wonder anymore. I.e. deemphasize gold rage and put more emphasis on other abilities.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

1. Please give us dragonriding. Tagath is still a hatchling, but he and I want to be able to fly together to build faster.

2. Please give us more WorldProjects. I think we're getting down to scraping the bottom of the barrel again and doing things for single communities because the big things are essentially done (well, with the exception of Garnet Bay mine, but that's in the works).

3. Please give us an in-game postal system that would deliver messages to other people currently not in-game, be it a bulletin board, mail box, delivery dwarf or dragon, Istarian Postal Service, something.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

[quote=C`gan]
    2. Please give us more WorldProjects. I think we're getting down to scraping the bottom of the barrel again and doing things for single communities because the big things are essentially done (well, with the exception of Garnet Bay mine, but that's in the works).

Still lots to do on the Dralk Community lair on Order. I still think T6 crystal is at the bottem of that cave system.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    6. Modify dragons so they aren't a one hit wonder anymore. I.e. deemphasize gold rage and put more emphasis on other abilities.
    This depends upon your build, 12 and I used to test this extensively together. He favored all out offense for quick single-target fights, I favor all out defense for tanking and AE. Both of us focused on Melee. He could kill stuff I could not, and I could kill stuff he could not. Keeps us from being quite so cookie-cutter.

I agree with others, Dragon Riding, dynamic war, client performance, machines in the field, etc.

1 - Dryad flight, even if it has a much lower flight ceiling, or has a reasonable flight timer (15 minutes or so of flight, 5 minute reset for example).

2 - More fun racial special attacks. For instance, a Dragon combat starter called Dive, where it had to be initiated from the air but within spell range of the target (so the target can pre-empt or interrupt it), and it does a dive attack that basically just does the effect of the Earthquake line of spells. Give it a 5 minute recast. It really produces no advantage to speak of, it is just something to provide a cool looking attack. Dwarves might have a Hammer Toss ability for pulling mobs, or whatever other races think would be cool looking without affecting balance. This isn't to make a race more powerful, just something to give them a useful ability with a cool factor :-)

3 - Give us hunters something to do besides kill the same looking 12 models over and over, and a reason to do it. The above comment about the dynamic war would go a long ways for this, but there has to be other things as well. We need to bring back the excitement of hunting, like rare drops or stuff to customize our Lairs / Houses / armor (shoulder buddies, unique dyes, whatever).

I know a number of folks who would resubscribe just off of Dryad flight, and a number more who would come back if hunting was more fun :-)

And for the record, stiffer death penalties would help no one, it is just annoying. I am talking exciting and usable drops, dynamic NPC invasions, etc. Oh, and nothing that damages player-owned structures, it sucks building them the first time. But maybe a community bridge or resource machines out in the field now and then. I miss the occasional Avotar of Pain wandering through Harro ;-)
    Last edited by Theolaerynn; July 28th, 2006 at 07:08 PM.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information