Thread: Spawns, again!?

Felinor

Default Spawns, again!?

While running around the flame and ice islands today I noticed a shortage of spawns. Now the flame island is down to about 3 beetles and the ice one at 2 beetles. I can onlyl speak for these areas. Are we having a server wide spawn problem again?

Kharron

Default Re: Spawns, again!?

It seems that way, hopefully it gets fixed by the morning. I ran all around the mithril area and haven't found a single golem, save Mhedon. Also seems the mithril nodes are not spawning right either. This is not due to overcrowding as I haven't run into a single person in the whole area. Oh well, time for bed I guess.

Fisk

I ran around the shadow spider area and found only one mob. Don't know what is up with spawning. I'm using the opportunity to explore though.[:)]

mithril golem spawn is messed up. no golems and not many mithril nodes.

Was fine before the patch. Patch seems to have messed it up.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thalak

yes, but we have pumpkins!

Malaficeint

Quote Originally Posted by Thalak
    yes, but we have pumpkins!
    Yes...but is it a sincere and honest pumkin patch? I will be sitting there on halloween night to see if the Great Pumpkin shows up....and to eat linus if I see him too!!

LOL~!

We need Pumpkin Emoticons instead of Smilies!

Anyone seen any obsidian golems? Down by the Tower of Wizardry, they were replaced by 1 Lava Golem, lvl 80.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

maybe all mobs will be despawned on halloween so we can all go Trick or Treat [:)]
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

I believe that ALL spawn rates have dropped... I'm thinking it's because of Halloween. Since the events notes state that

"The belief states that when these two Realms align, the Realm of the Prime unlocks a planar passage that channels Bounty?s blessings across the lands of the Prime. These blessings compel the soil to produce rich harvests and rewards those Gifted toiling in the fields. As with many things Istarian, there is a dark side to this Blessing. This channel is known to admit more than just the blessings from the Realm of Bounty. Unworldly, mystical and ghoulish beings may use this channel to enter the Realm of the Prime. Discerning these malevolent side effects, the Prime?s Gifted developed customs to trick the invaders from entering or overstaying their welcome. "

SO I'm thinking, the resources are up, Mobs are down until they add the new monsters.. and we'll be down with the sickness until we can build costumes..

AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Pluton

Well they tried to improve the spawn rates. From the Live Patch notes:[*]System optimizations continue in monster spawning regions.

Martal Bau

It looks to me like post merge they've changed spawns to only activate when players are in the area, however it looks like it gets dumb when the spawns get wiped out quickly and definitely doesn't do any type of spawn adjustments when there are more players in the area.

I don't think AE would go so far as to depress all spawn rates for an event, since mob spawning is a critical part of the game.

I think what really happened is that the "further optimizations" backfired and screwed up spawning again.

Spawns were fine right before the patch, but this latest patch has made it almost as bad as it was right after the merge in terms of no spawns.

Except this time, resource nodes aren't spawning much either.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

FYI From IRC:

<Earlier today>

David-Delta52
    I'm having the world admins look at both shards specifically for spawning issues. Will let you know what I find.<A few minutes ago>

DLMyth Is it me or the monster spawn is sooooo slow. I've been fighting arbotus which now spawn only 2 at a time. It's taken me 1 hour to kill 9 of them. It's taking about 10-15 mins for 1 to spawn.

David-Delta52 DLMyth: we're adjusting the spawn rates this afternoon... we'll continue to adjust them throughout today.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Phade

Our fix got hung up on Blight for a little longer than we expected. We?re pushing it out to live in a few minutes.

Thread Information