Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post annoying "little" bugs for EI to see :)

Default Post annoying "little" bugs for EI to see :)

You know... those bugs you need a microscope to see and probably are easily fixed. Ones like:

When swapping characters between bi-peds and dragons, the dragon ends up with a bi-ped window when logging in (if the equipment window is left open on your dragon)

When swapping characters or creating new ones, your hotkey bars have a hold-over from other characters, thus greying them out until you activate a spell or buff or ability from a hotkey, then the highlight greyed out parts go away. Sometimes the "blank" key still has the label from the other character.

When using Storage/silos, initiating a trade window with someone while having Storage / silo windows open will destroy your access to them, messing up the graphics picture inside the window, and making you have to re-open the silo for access. This also happens with trading out a crystal in armor or weapons.

For some people, logging out of the game with the vault window open, causes the vault to never load for the character upon next login

Post your quirky little bugs that you think could be a "quick" fix...

Please.... no "Fix the lag, graphics engine, database" stuff or major game fixes.... just little annoyances
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Disappearing mobs; frzample, I had a level 105 Zombie Medic, 5400 hp, down to about 1200 when he vanished. I did not see a recall animation...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

If you have a trade window open, and someone else trades with you, it BREAKS your trade windows until you relog. Can ONLY trade with the person you were in transaction with after this happens.

If you log in with your vault open, it won't work until you relog.

Opening the inventory of a house opens up a populated inventory of whatever you had open last instead of a blank or empty window at first. Sometimes it gets VERY confusing to know if it really updated with it's contents or not.

Opening up housing STILL gets rid of my money at the bottom of my personal inventory.

If you are experiencing lag, the 'Sorting' and filter checkboxes on Spells and Forms do not work.. have to keep checking and unchecking for it to 'catch'.

If I am 'out of range' (this can be anywhere from 10-900 meters away) and something HITS me I want to see it, even if it's "out of range". I miss a lot of combat messages from monsters and all I see are the red damage numbers floating over my head. In particular bad with Wind Golems, but happens with any ranged mobs that you engage at range.

Just a few off the top of my head.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I always have to open the chat "options" window before I can type in the Marketplace tab after I auto-join upon login.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

As a dragon, the most annoying thing (this easily causes the player to get killed), is when you attempt to use Gold Rage, or Silver Strike (never seen it happen with anything else, just these two abilities), if the mob is 1m out of range, it will say "1m out of range" and then the ability's hotkey will grey out as if you used it, but have a recast of 0:00, which means the ability is up and available, yet the hotkey is still greyed out and it will stay this way for a few minutes, causing the whole ability to "lock up". hitting "Stop Action" does not help either.

The ability is removed from Queue and will not recharge until after the fight, several minutes later.... if .... you survive.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Drasdil Redin
    I always have to open the chat "options" window before I can type in the Marketplace tab after I auto-join upon login.
    Oh! That's another good one. I found that if I 'flip' tabs to different chat channels then come back it will chat to the correct channel. It's faster than opening options.

But it'd be nice to not have to do that every time I log in.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drasdil Redin

Oh! That's another good one. I found that if I 'flip' tabs to different chat channels then come back it will chat to the correct channel. It's faster than opening options.

But it'd be nice to not have to do that every time I log in.

-HratLi

That is also my most annoying bug I find in game, and what hratli said works. That is how i get around that bug. but this bug effects all chat windows not just markectplace chat.

My dragon alt is pure white, and when she changes from khutit to dragon form her scales turn a very unattractive brown,as well as misshapen head.
    Would like to see this fixed
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

As an extension of the disapearing mob in combat, the one that gowz PIFF right after you kill it, so you can't loot it. Or, by extension, the ones that die under the ground. You can still see the name, but can't select them for looting, or if you can, since they're in the ground, they are too far away to loot.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    My dragon alt is pure white, and when she changes from khutit to dragon form her scales turn a very unattractive brown,as well as misshapen head.
    Would like to see this fixed
    I've heard that the khutit bug is caused by, after changeing forms, the model for the WA Dragons get put under your model, so that where they don't match, you see both. For example, I have the fin head style. The WA has one of the horned head styles, so, the bug looks like I have blue fins and blighted horns. Same with the ridges on my back.

Now, knowing what causes it doesn't mean I've herad ANYTHING about a fix other than it's ALWAYS been like this.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I am using a disk, either away from me or in toe... with the inv of it open... I open a silo, move stuff.... then next time I try to move my disk from my EQUIP window to my INV... well... it says I'm to far from that structure to interact with it... Relog fixes this problem. [not sure if any other bipeds have this issue.]

Default T5 Blighted Forms

Expert Blighted equipment Forms such as "Expert Blighted Chainmail Helm" or "Expert Blighted Focus Wing Scale" which are scribed only produce the t5 craftable items such as "Blighted Mithril Chainmail Helm" or "Blighted Mithril-Marble Focus Wing Scale" requiring the scribing of jman and beginner Blighted Equipment forms.

A number of Expert Blighted Equipment forms are not in and can only be crafted in beginner or jman levels. (I believe this was to be rectified with the t5 loot revamp that was a work-in-progress)

On dragon, when they log in as a khutit, you end up with the biped equipment window.

When changing from the khutit form, sometime the model freeze and you can't do anything until you relog.

The ancient dragon is too small (it's a bug for some)

When starting to type something in the search filter, and accidently highlight an item, you lose what you've typed.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Chioxin, you don't have to relogg to get around that bug.

Just move an item in your inventory to another position and then you can move your disk into your inventory.

At least that is how it works for me when I get that message/"bug".

first, about the equip window...
    correct me if i'm wrong, but do you guys leave your equip window open when you log out? someone i talked to recently.. i told to close it before they logged out.. when they logged back in they had the dragon equipment window like they should.
    only a workaround and it still needs to be fixed.. but perhaps that will give a clue as to how to fix the bug to those who'll be working on that.

and about the "khutit bug"...
    it also happens when a hatchling ascends to adult.. and i would guess from adult to ancient, though i don't recall for sure.. been a LONG while since i've been to an ascension.
    also... no, it's not a withered scale...
    it's the bronze dragon you see if you don't change any settings that affect how the base character looks and run horizons offline. the base head shape _IS_ the fins (and no horns) head shape.. so whoever is telling you you have horns when that happens to you... a) i think they're mistaken but b) if they're not i want to see a screenshot..
    it always combines the dragon with the bronze (or brown if you prefer, but it really does look bronze to me...), fin-and-no-horns headshape base dragon character.

my annoying bug? it's a rare one..
    the SIGN CRASH bug. i have rendering turned off but if i turn it back on i crash every single time i pass by a sign or other special structures.. when i was taking an alt through their adult rite, EVERY SINGLE TIME i got just past the obsidian field on my way to the hermit.. right when it needs to draw that bridge (or at least that's the object i suspect was causing the problem) i would crash.
    (btw, the line in question is from C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\prefs\ClientPrefs_Graphic.d ef
    bool renderedTexturesEnabled = true ; if i change it to false i don't crash)

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin
    first, about the equip window...
    correct me if i'm wrong, but do you guys leave your equip window open when you log out? someone i talked to recently.. i told to close it before they logged out.. when they logged back in they had the dragon equipment window like they should.
    only a workaround and it still needs to be fixed.. but perhaps that will give a clue as to how to fix the bug to those who'll be working on that.
    You don't always have a choice on that matter. Lets say you have the equip window open, and the game/PC/Windows crash. Or you're forced to hard kill the game because it started to uses too much RAM and isn't responding. Then you log back with the inventory up.

And I don't think everyone take the time to close every windows they don't uses when they log out. I think that everyone that still get that bug, me include, simply 'forgot' to close that particular window. Which we shouldn't have to worry about anyway.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Here's something else.. hits don't always show on combat feedback (and therefore aren't in the chat log either). This sometimes happens to me when I que/use crit strike right after multistrike; I can see by the mob's health that the crit landed, but it doesn't display in the feedback text. Also, when I flurry it tends to not feedback all the melee hits (this is noticeable in the chat log when it has the associated Fists of Flame hits without the melee hits they are paired with).
    Not a big deal of course, but it's harder to see how much I hit for, or how many times I hit when checking logs.

Put a female dryad in Feladan fashion wear.
    If you look closely at the front (add a belt if necessary) you will see the outfit is doubled at the waist.
    Make the dryad run and you'll see that the skirt part of the shirt remains upright and moves slightly to the left while the rest of the dryad and her clothes goes into the horizontal run position.
    Get the dryad to walk (forwards or backwards) or run backwards and you'll see her bouncing in and out of her skirt.
    Change her out of the Feladan pants and into padded kenaf (or any other type of cloth) and the skirt will take on the texture of the kenaf.

I have a ticket in for this and it's going to have it's second birthday very soon.

When you first login, and select a chat tab, and start typing...
    You're speach won't go into the channel but will instead come out as "say".

Right now you must first click on a few different tabs (before you get to the one you want to type in) to make your chat not end up as say. Can we just make it so that, whenever you are in a tab your text goes to the correct place?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremblthrg
    Here's something else.. hits don't always show on combat feedback (and therefore aren't in the chat log either). This sometimes happens to me when I que/use crit strike right after multistrike; I can see by the mob's health that the crit landed, but it doesn't display in the feedback text. Also, when I flurry it tends to not feedback all the melee hits (this is noticeable in the chat log when it has the associated Fists of Flame hits without the melee hits they are paired with).
    Not a big deal of course, but it's harder to see how much I hit for, or how many times I hit when checking logs.
    I have this problem as well, in addition several times I click on an ability to have it grey out (the timer ticks off) but no damage done to the mob, no record in combat log. This is especially annoying with things like crit as I rarely use it and when I do, I want it to hit...NOT go on its 5 minute timer without any damage being done hehe, for as well we all know crit is da sh*t
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thread Information