Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers

Default Rangers

Rangers are warriors and shouldnt get cloak of thorns or the physical attack nature resistances, or the 8 of one hand slash, one hand pierce, and one hand crush each level. I also think the stun is an unnecessary boon. My suggestion is to put that overkilled class under the nerf knife. The opporunity ranged combat allows is more than enough reason to be a ranger as your enemy is half dead already before it gets within striking range of you and you still have the flurries and multis.

I thought you said not to nerf things but to add to other classes?

Jayne

Hahahahah
    All I have to say

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Rangers are warriors

Please Sir, Defend this statement. Or have you lost all grip on reality and rather than accept your wrong you'd rather cut anyone that doesn't agree with you? Since when did you have to take any warrior levels to become a ranger? Hmm? or are you again talking out the wrong orrifice?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Rangers are warriors and shouldnt get cloak of thorns or the physical attack nature resistances, or the 8 of one hand slash, one hand pierce, and one hand crush each level. I also think the stun is an unnecessary boon. My suggestion is to put that overkilled class under the nerf knife. The opporunity ranged combat allows is more than enough reason to be a ranger as your enemy is half dead already before it gets within striking range of you and you still have the flurries and multis.
    Unnecessary boon?? You do away with stun you destroy this class. I'd say a ranger would give up CoT but these stuns are the only thing that keep this class alive, they are not huge damage dishing warriors ... I mean they're scout-based for crying out loud! *shakes her head*
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Why is it that all your posts seem to reflect a desire to increase the power of druids, and stop anyone from getting any abilities which are even REMOTELY similar to druids?

Considering the fact that CoT isn't a self-only buff, your suggestion strikes me as pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    Unnecessary boon?? You do away with stun you destroy this class. I'd say a ranger would give up CoT but these stuns are the only thing that keep this class alive, they are not huge damage dishing warriors ... I mean they're scout-based for crying out loud! *shakes her head*

Aria, I suspect strongly that is exactly his intent, destroy the class, because he's wounded by statements made by a ranger in another thread.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Hmmm, Joaqim is playing mainly Druid and I don't see any reason why my bow using treehugger brother should be gimped beyond the Stormdiscibles. What you have suggested is about the same like a scout, just weaker.... and your statement...hummm...sounds a bit strange anyway, you say Rangers are Warriors and then they shouldn't get their additional and pretty weak melee skill - why not, if they are Warriors?

So it opens one question, who is the Ranger ingame you really don't like and should be hit with an arrow into his butt?

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Methinks Tarran should maybe just go make his own game? Seriously...if you have THIS many problems with the game/gamplay/classes and whatnot....well WHY are you playing this game? I'm sure there are games out there that would be more fun for you and more to your liking.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I suspect the OP is an attempt at satire of those who think Druids are just fine or should be nerfed.

At least that is how I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svayvti
    I suspect the OP is an attempt at satire of those who think Druids are just fine or should be nerfed.

At least that is how I took it.
    Then you don't know Tarran.

He's serious. Very serious.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Rangers are warriors and ...
    We are what now?

Funny, if I wanted to be a warrior I would have picked the warrior school not scout. None of the games I've played a ranger in so far could call them a warrior-type class, which I'm more than happy with.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Default wow

Rangers used to be over powered...now they are able to survive with multiclassing. Funny thing to me is if I do a player search there are usually more druids out there than Rangers Your's suggestions sir would cripple a very good class. I noticed you have a problem with anything with nature immunity in an earlier post....heh I even have a shaman that I have multi classed with spiritist to add more damage. I also have a low 35th Guardian. All very good and solid classes. Now classes like crossbowmen (which is actually the warrior based class you're looking for) or Scouts need some love. Elars are alot stronger than they were after the massive nerf they recieved after launch. Rangers are pretty much as they were at launch, any changes that were made were made to the damage shield which they share with druids or to the firing rate which was a bug at launch. Mind you I've been gone a couple years but biped classes have not changed that much from what I can tell. Best of luck on your crusade sir.

Nynelyves:::94th Ranger/41st Healer

Oh you HAVE to be JOKING.... (Obviously this next reply is coming from one of the few "almost pure ranger" single class players left in-game)

For a Single class bi-ped with no healing except for druid revitalize spells, CoT is my only course of salvation. Stun arrows don't always work, and the mobs DO reach you unless you want to kite.... and kiting and not drawing other aggro "adds" is not easy easy. None of the abilities a ranger gets is +10. they are all increased by +7 or +8 which makes their nature suck.

You must be thinking of Uber-Ped ranger with 100 levels of either druid or cleric. With the heals the cleric gets + druid heals... a ranger can be pretty powerful.

Sorry, bud, but nature spells including CoT and Stuns are here to stay. Not everyone wants to level another class to 100 just so they can have a distinct advantage over a straight single class ranger.

You take CoT away from anyone who does single class ranger basically will further gimp their character. Sometimes the CoT is the ONLY thing doing damage as the arrows go zinging by the creature and missing.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    You take CoT away from anyone who does single class ranger basically will further gimp their character.
    Guess at thise point it's pretty much the same as at a single classed Druid.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Hey, Tarran I'm also a Ice Disciple... wanna nerf them too while your at it?

Can't do that Seranthor...it's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Hmmm, Joaqim is playing mainly Druid and I don't see any reason why my bow using treehugger brother should be gimped beyond the Stormdiscibles. What you have suggested is about the same like a scout, just weaker.... and your statement...hummm...sounds a bit strange anyway, you say Rangers are Warriors and then they shouldn't get their additional and pretty weak melee skill - why not, if they are Warriors?

So it opens one question, who is the Ranger ingame you really don't like and should be hit with an arrow into his butt?
    Seranthor

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Hey, Tarran I'm also a Ice Disciple... wanna nerf them too while your at it?
    07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
    AmonGwareth vbmenu_register("postmenu_133935", true);
    Staff :: Developer

Oh, by the way, we tested the Ice Tomb/Shatter combo yesterday on Genesis. Hal'cyon did 3500-4200 damage to a Kwellen with a single hit as a Level 100 Ice Disciple using Ice Tomb and Shatter.

:P
    Got Cowbell?

So they finally fixed it huh? hope the fix made it to live and hasn't been lost in the shuffle. (been a broken ability since launch)

Thread Information