Thread: nature /vs energy

Default nature /vs energy

ok First off i am not pointing one way or the other and Im not digging up an old thread over this topic , what ism is what ism please dont rehash old subjects.
    My question is simple and straight forward after Blight was down today I was playing my sons alt on chaos and i noticed he did alot more damage then i could with the same schools and same lvls at the time , at a lvl 42 89 rat chaos warrior ( i think ) he can own peridot golems in unteched steel armor
    he was doing 339 crit strike on lvl 89's with a unteched lvl 25 steel maul ( i think) ,
    The only difference was he was on live and his copied is on blight (duh), now what im gonna do is same armor and same lvls on the same mobs if and only if there is a difference in his damage vs logs from live where do i look for answers, and 2nd is there some way I can convert damage to energy vs nature w/o dropping a ton of schools or remaking Elek to what he is, that is if there really is an energy/nature differance , Is there a school i can swap to and see if that gives me energy damage or is there any way i can convert nature to energy damage ?.
    PLEASE do not turn this back into a nature/energy/whatever rant
    Thank You
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog
    ok First off i am not pointing one way or the other and Im not digging up an old thread over this topic , what ism is what ism please dont rehash old subjects.
    My question is simple and straight forward after Blight was down today I was playing my sons alt on chaos and i noticed he did alot more damage then i could with the same schools and same lvls at the time , at a lvl 42 89 rat chaos warrior ( i think ) he can own peridot golems in unteched steel armor
    he was doing 339 crit strike on lvl 89's with a unteched lvl 25 steel maul ( i think) ,
    The only difference was he was on live and his copied is on blight (duh), now what im gonna do is same armor and same lvls on the same mobs if and only if there is a difference in his damage vs logs from live where do i look for answers, and 2nd is there some way I can convert damage to energy vs nature w/o dropping a ton of schools or remaking Elek to what he is, that is if there really is an energy/nature differance , Is there a school i can swap to and see if that gives me energy damage or is there any way i can convert nature to energy damage ?.
    PLEASE do not turn this back into a nature/energy/whatever rant
    Thank You
    As I see it nature does somewhat less than energy, however, with that also comes nature's ability to heal and augment, where energy doesn't have that ability
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

does different type of damage change with different schools and or weapons again can i chage a school look under char find something that says converts damage to energy find a crystal that converts to energy a different weapon maby i know sword does slash and a maul does smash and a 1/4 staf does ? crush is there soemthing i can do change schools weapons abuilities and see if there is trueley a differance

does different type of damage change with different schools and or weapons again can i chage a school look under char find something that says converts damage to energy find a crystal that converts to energy a different weapon maby i know sword does slash and a maul does smash and a 1/4 staf does ? crush is there soemthing i can do change schools weapons abuilities and see if there is trueley a differance
    I'm not sure exactly waht your asking... Are you asking if a player that says has L100 in CHSW and L100 in Guardian both used the same weapon with the same buffs and the same damage crystals would they do the same damage? The answer exists in their passive buffs, and a few other things.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

ko let me try to clarify what Im asking if it seem that all the damage I'm doing with a weapon in nature damage is that from a buff or inharent with the school Im at the time, seems like on Dan_shadow at Ice Island when he was hitting golems he was doing energy damage when he was hitting the golems but i seen no energy damage buff, does a school make you hit as nature or energy or was it the weapon.

no its not school dependent... there are buffs like energy attack, ice attack, flame attack, guardians force, etc... those convert the weapon damage to elemental.

Either that, or you can resort to using blighted weapons that convert the damage to the damage type you want to use.

TY I think that covered what I am tring to figure out, been playing 2 1/2 years and its still confusing ,thats one on the things I love about that game always something new to learn, Im still tring to figure out like is one hand slash training points to just use a weapon or more damage from higher points but thats for another area. or it was going to bed at 3am and my neighbor mowing his lawn at 6am.
    Thanks Again Seranthor
    I may live in Toledo but alot of times its just a state of confusion or it was going to bed at 3am and my neighbor mowing his lawn at 6am.

Im still tring to figure out like is one hand slash training points to just use a weapon or more damage from higher points
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ight=attribute

Skills:
    Offensive skills (including weapon-using skills as well as spellcasting skills for attack spells): Competes equally against the evasion or magic defense of the target for chance to hit. Weapon skills also compete equally against incoming attack skills for initial Parry checks. Also adds to damage by 2/3 as much as Strength or Power.
    Defensive skills (evasion and magic defense): Competes equally against incoming attack skills. Evasion is also re-checked equally against incoming attack skill for initial Dodge checks.
    Healing skills (mostly Life): Adds to healing amounts by twice as much as Focus. Note that the healing amount cannot exceed double the healing spell's specified range.
    Shield skill: Competes equally with incoming attack skills for initial Block checks.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Eni, Thank you for the post / repost /link of this , I took tp's from str and place in to 2hd slash not i hit for less so i guess once tps buy back are up ill move back to str my 2sh is now 1355 and str is1335 dex 1165 foc 1023 evasion 1216, and Im still tring to figure out why using son 1/2 giant that at lvl 39 he can own peridot golems on Chaos but get his butt handed to him on blight same "toon" same armor same him but now he has teched armor on Blight vs unteched on live just armor not weaon.
    my schools 97 wiz 100 gaurdian 100 berserker 100 cleric 100 shaman 100 battlemage 100 warrior 91 el arch 91 sorcerer79 conj 76 mage 66 spiritist 43 storm deciple and other low ones i should not be having issues with anything other then named baddies yes

Thread Information