Thread: Allow Inventory Overflow in Trades, Please.

Default Allow Inventory Overflow in Trades, Please.

I don't see why we cannot trade more than we can hold.

When you are gathering materials, you are permitted to gather more than you can hold, it doesn't automatically stop you at exactly 100%, it stops you at what that current item gather yields and overburdens you, or roots you if its +100 bulk.

So why can't we do this while trading between players? Its kinda stupid to have to trade little by little so they can stuff it into their disk, like when we help each other in Lairshaping or Building, if I'm standing right beside the crafting machine, let me take all of the resources off the other player so I can mass-make whatever the material happens to be, instead of making them shift the materials to me 100 by 100 by 100 by 100.

That, let's say I have 100 bulk left. I want to trade 100bulk of Item A for the other player's 200 Bulk of Item B. I DO have enough room to take it, but the trade window will NOT let me trade it becuase it tries to add the other player's items BEFORE subtracting what I'm giving them.

Kinda stupid, really... it just makes it more complicated than it has to be.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    I don't see why we cannot trade more than we can hold.

When you are gathering materials, you are permitted to gather more than you can hold, it doesn't automatically stop you at exactly 100%, it stops you at what that current item gather yields and overburdens you, or roots you if its +100 bulk.

So why can't we do this while trading between players? Its kinda stupid to have to trade little by little so they can stuff it into their disk, like when we help each other in Lairshaping or Building, if I'm standing right beside the crafting machine, let me take all of the resources off the other player so I can mass-make whatever the material happens to be, instead of making them shift the materials to me 100 by 100 by 100 by 100.

That, let's say I have 100 bulk left. I want to trade 100bulk of Item A for the other player's 200 Bulk of Item B. I DO have enough room to take it, but the trade window will NOT let me trade it becuase it tries to add the other player's items BEFORE subtracting what I'm giving them.

Kinda stupid, really... it just makes it more complicated than it has to be.

--Dhalin

No you dont have enough capacity to carry it... because your disk and your inventory are two different things.

If you overflow it doesn't go into your disk... hence they are different. That is why you cant have more than you can carry.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

That and some folks found a way to use that to their advantage while /afk macroing. You used to be able to do it with one stack in a trade, but they nixed it because of the untrustworthy out there.

((plus, I highly doubt it was meant to be like that in the first place))

Well, I meant like gathering, you can only do it Once... just like gathering, when you overflow, it says "You are Overburdened 50%." or "You are so overburdened, you cannot move!" and then if you try to gather AGAIN, it says "Your inventory is full."

So I think it should do the same on trades. You should bea ble to trade one stack of items that can overflow the recipient's Inventory, but only do it once, and only with 1 stack. Let's say recipient is holding Bronze Bars. You brought him some more, but he doesn't Quite have enough room. You dump your bars on him and he gets overburdened he can't move. Trying to trade with him again gives you the "Too Full" message and he has to sort his stuff around.

Oh, and trading with someone who has an empty disk out and ready, the items do NOT automatically go in the disk if you would overflow. You have to move them bit by bit, trade a little to him, he moves them to disk, repeat again and again and again.

It just makes building a pain in the butt. I don't get how you would exploit it, as you'd be rooted from being overburdened (just like you are if you have a bunch of copper and tin ore in your disk and you craft bronze bars that go in your inventory), so you can't really take them anywhere, you're stuck with them, and if you can only do it once (further attempts result in the "full" error), I fail to see how this could be exploited.

This would really help when you have two people trying to help each other build building materials, as they are large, bulky, and take a Lot of resources to make. The current system makes this a real pain to do, becuase A). you can't tell how much bulk they have left, B). the system is kinda dumb, like I said above, if you have 100 bulk left, you give someone 100 bulk so they can give you 200 bulk, it still errors out for some dumb reason, and there's no option to put what they are giving you straight to your disk if you have one present.

--Dhalin

Well, I meant like gathering, you can only do it Once... just like gathering, when you overflow, it says "You are Overburdened 50%." or "You are so overburdened, you cannot move!" and then if you try to gather AGAIN, it says "Your inventory is full."

So I think it should do the same on trades. You should bea ble to trade one stack of items that can overflow the recipient's Inventory, but only do it once, and only with 1 stack. Let's say recipient is holding Bronze Bars. You brought him some more, but he doesn't Quite have enough room. You dump your bars on him and he gets overburdened he can't move. Trying to trade with him again gives you the "Too Full" message and he has to sort his stuff around.

Oh, and trading with someone who has an empty disk out and ready, the items do NOT automatically go in the disk if you would overflow. You have to move them bit by bit, trade a little to him, he moves them to disk, repeat again and again and again.

It just makes building a pain in the butt. I don't get how you would exploit it, as you'd be rooted from being overburdened (just like you are if you have a bunch of copper and tin ore in your disk and you craft bronze bars that go in your inventory), so you can't really take them anywhere, you're stuck with them, and if you can only do it once (further attempts result in the "full" error), I fail to see how this could be exploited.

This would really help when you have two people trying to help each other build building materials, as they are large, bulky, and take a Lot of resources to make. The current system makes this a real pain to do, becuase A). you can't tell how much bulk they have left, B). the system is kinda dumb, like I said above, if you have 100 bulk left, you give someone 100 bulk so they can give you 200 bulk, it still errors out for some dumb reason, and there's no option to put what they are giving you straight to your disk if you have one present.

--Dhalin
    Yes, I know what your asking for. As far as knowing how much bulk someone has left you only have to pass your mouse over your inventory bulk bar. Yes, its that simple. And what Magnir says is correct, your plan could be exploited by AFK macroers, and you too can see that if you just took an objective look at your suggestion...
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

hmm would be a nice change

but then where is the limit of overburdening?

at release you could have been overburdened unlimited so some made mule/store chars and overburdened them like hell.

i know the frustrating feeling when someone wants to give you 1000 bulk and you have only 950 bulk free

It just makes building a pain in the butt. I don't get how you would exploit it,
    Because way back when, you could in fact do that. If someone had space open, they could accept a trade no matter how much bulk was involved, if they had one unit of the item being traded in inventory. The result was mules who were carrying up to 15 stacks that measured in the thousands of units. They could indeed move - by passing all that bulk to another mule, then moving to a new location within the trade range. Rinse, repeat. It was literally possible for mules to be mobile silo farms.

And that is why we cannot overload on trades any more...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

then there was also the gathering bug you could gather like a speed freak for a few minuts and run like a maniac to the processor hoping atht your backpack wouldnt update and bind you to 1 spot
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Thread Information