Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mithril Golems

Default Mithril Golems

The past two days I have spent an hour each trip to the mithril golem spawn on Chaos. Both times, for an hour of running around, I found 3 mithril golems and a platinum golem. Mithril frags are a very heavily used component... what gives? I heard the spawn was nerfed cuz crafters complaining about not being able to get to the nodes... Umm for one its t5 and should be a little dangerous, and for two couldnt you just extend the nodes out further than the spawn like at some of the gem spots?

Default Dont you just love rumors?

No, it wasn't due to the crafters complaining, but a side effect from the last publish. Go figure.

Adventurers, please stop blaming all the nasty things in game on crafters. I know that's what they do in all the other games out there, but look for a more plausable reason first.

Thank you

The spawn was lowered because both crafters and adventures were getting jumped buy instant spwans of massive amounts of golems. So like other areas that had very large spawns they were set to a lower level.

Well...there's no jumping hardly at all now

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    The spawn was lowered because both crafters and adventures were getting jumped buy instant spwans of massive amounts of golems. So like other areas that had very large spawns they were set to a lower level.
    Lower as in 4 golems for the whole spawn area? That is a touch low wouldn't you say? I hadn't been there for a year, but I can tell you that a year ago there were loads of golems... a good 15 or so on the hill... I couldn't guess at an overall amount for the spawn. Never slew my through them all to find out. Perhaps they will substitute storm ogre jawbones in place of mith frags... I would be all set lol

its extreme

first you could find masses of mithril golems with slow respawn

now you find a few golems with slow respawn

ok first when i have been crafter and i had to fight more than to gather its annoying but i think this change is not good

hope this will be changed a little before unity get this patch too ^^

Well, guess that was also a part of Tulga's anti mass-farm solution...well if I remember well it was even player suggested to spread the stuff to that low densitiy which makes farming impossible...there were enough threads about that....is see this as a direct result.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Even in the old days it was possible to gather without beeing killed all over.
    You just had to keep an eye open and watch the area around you.

Well in that way, im glad that unity doesn't have that patch till now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    Even in the old days it was possible to gather without beeing killed all over.
    only if someone gathered there too and killed some golems

if nobody kills them its just impossible to be able to find nodes after a hour

ok now the mine is ready and you can get very easy mithril in it

Oo Oo Oo dark stalker in the Oak... avoidance measures activated!!

Then later

Oo Oo Oo Bone Marrow in the Oak with his gang of buddies..

Then much later (after merge)

Hey.... Where's all the Oak? all I found was 100th level golems and pygmies

Oh here's the oak... and "treants" (I miss the dark stalkers)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Can we get this fixed soon? i have my full list of comps for t5 armor completed except for the mith frags and I definately dont wanna buy 20 of them from nadia at the new veilo prices...

Sidenote: to nerf people farming is to nerf an entire build. Not everyone wants to be single target warriors. Some people measure success in how many mobs they can pull at once, rather than how fast they can kill one.

It really does seem you have your perspective firmly protecting yourself.

Now, I am NOT saying that I like the low T5 spawns... I do not. But, I am saying that the crafters that are not high level adventurers, should have some areas to get t5 resources without being jumped and killed all the time. Some form of balance should be made to allow all players to have fun.

You do realize Tarran, that there are mith spawns on saritova island? You do realize that with some time and effort you can gather all the frags you need? That all it takes is looking around and a bit of patience?

You keep asking for fundamental changes be made, even though a new company just bought the game and will be learning for months just how to run the game and do upkeep, much less make changes. Perhaps your time would be better spent actually gathering the comps than trying to get the new company to make changes to suit your needs.

Jumps......mine seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Sidenote: to nerf people farming is to nerf an entire build.
    You say that like it's a bad thing....
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    You say that like it's a bad thing....
    Because YOU lack the proficiency to do so.
    Last edited by Tarran of Chaos; August 1st, 2006 at 06:35 PM.

Yea the spawn got messed up somehow. but I always run through there and kill them too so maybe thats why. Since I have more the 100 frags now I'll not kill them for a few days and maybe that will help you out Tarran

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    It really does seem you have your perspective firmly protecting yourself.
    Yes, and that is as it should be. I have spent ALOT of hours of work to be proficient at tackling multiple adversaries. I avoid the spawns where I cannot as my build is not for soloing. My idea of fun is clearly not the same as some others, nor should my fun be nerfed because it is not so.

Now, I am NOT saying that I like the low T5 spawns... I do not. But, I am saying that the crafters that are not high level adventurers, should have some areas to get t5 resources without being jumped and killed all the time. Some form of balance should be made to allow all players to have fun.
    I addressed that by suggesting the nodes extend past the golems like they do at most of the gem spawns.

You do realize Tarran, that there are mith spawns on saritova island? You do realize that with some time and effort you can gather all the frags you need? That all it takes is looking around and a bit of patience?
    Actually no, I hadn't realized that and you are the first person to ever mention it to me as a hunting ground for mith golems. I shall check it out momentarily.

You keep asking for fundamental changes be made, even though a new company just bought the game and will be learning for months just how to run the game and do upkeep, much less make changes. Perhaps your time would be better spent actually gathering the comps than trying to get the new company to make changes to suit your needs.
    I understand that EI just aquired the game and that there is indeed a learning curve, and I am quite optimistic about the future of this game once things start running smoothly for them. As far as my time being better spent trying to find the frags, I have been doing so. However with the low and slow spawn of them, my time is probably better spent putting in an order on here for more mith golems. Certainly I am not the only person who needs mith golem frags. There are 2 others in my guild seeking them as well. Therefore they are not my needs alone, but a broad spectrum need of the playerbase. As I said, they are a very heavily used T5 comp. You should know this...

Dravatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Certainly I am not the only person who needs mith golem frags. There are 2 others in my guild seeking them as well. Therefore they are not my needs alone, but a broad spectrum need of the playerbase.
    While I do not dispute that more than just yourself need these comps, three people (you and two guildmates) are not exactly justification for claiming a "broad spectrum need of the playerbase," in my opinion.

Once again, is this thread about component rarity (in this case mith frags) for if it is there are several other posts regarding this to post in...or is this about Tarran wanting to mass farm every mob in Istaria?
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thread Information