Thread: Learn to Technique a Spell question

Starpyre

Default Learn to Technique a Spell question

Since I have recently activated my account, I created a dragon hatchling which I hope to become my main. I haven't had any problems doing the starter quests on New Trismus until now. I've gotten to Kerian's Learn to Techique a Spell quest, and it seems to be stuck on the 'Locate the Blight' step. I've trompled all over the Ruined Homestead area for the past few days with no quest update. I even tried deleting the quest to recheck the directions, with no luck. I can't go any further or get my faction quest without completing this one, and this one step is making me tear my hair out. Can anyone give me an idea where I'm going wrong?

From: http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/guides/default.php?id=11

Kerian's Quest: Learn to Technique a Spell
    The last quest that Kerian has for you is similar to the last two, but this time you will add a technique to a spell to modify one of its parameters. In this case you will be adding the Fortify I technique to the True Grit spell. This technique has a 32% chance of giving you a 10% increase to your Armor rating for 15 seconds, while the spell increases your armor and health for 30 mintues.
    Before having you craft the spell, Kerian sends you out to get a Sand Pygmy Ear. To find the sand pygmies, go back to the blighted canyon where you just fought the ghosts, and head to the Southwest. You will earn 100 Dragon Adventurer experience when you get close to the large beach where the sand pygmies roam.
    Fight the sand pygmies, using your Prime Bolt I spell to pull from a distance because they help each other, until you get the ear you need. Again, this may happen quickly or it may take a while. When you have the ear, gather 3 sandstone spell shards and 4 dim essence orbs on your way back to Kerian, as you will need them to make the True Grit spell.
    Convince Kerian to give you the Beginner Spell: True Grit formula and the Spell: Fortify I technique and scribe both of them. Then go over to the scholar's desk to create the teched spell. When you show the result to Kerian she will give you 500 bonus Dragon Adventurer experience, 750 Dragon Crafter experience, and 10 Imperial Lore Tokens. At this point you may be grinding your teeth with desire to buy some spell formulas from Kerian, but resist the temptation a little longer. Instead, scribe the spell, add it to your hot-key bars, and go talk to Avariatus.
    Hope that helped you. Else, run there where the maggots are roaming, and then down the beach past the beetles.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information