Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: (!) "CAUTION: Updating your billing info"

I read that too, and felt the same =(

I hope people aren't thinking of those phishing attacks using PayPal. That was some crooks who had nothing to do with PayPal but just using the name to con account information out of people. I never ever respond to any e-mail asking for personal information because there's a really good chance it wasn't from who it says it was from and I don't care how insistent the text of the e-mail is. If it says it's from someone with whom I really do business, I contact them (NOT using any phone numbers or web sites in that e-mail) and ask what's up.

I also got a lot of phishing attacks saying they were from Chase Bank. I don't blame Chase Bank for those either.

My accounts won't need to be renewed until December so I"m going to let this settle for awhile. If I did need to renew soon I'd just open up a Premier PayPal account (so I can use my credit card) do it, and watch my charges carefully. Or, if I had a couple months, I'd get an address and mail a check. I mail checks to enough other places (including Master Card), one more won't be the end of the world.

*sighs* Unfortunatly for us our accounts are on monthly since for some reason for a while it wouldn't let us change to anything else then without canceling them first so we just never got around to doing it. We're fine paying by month but we don't know when our account run out and would like to not HAVE to pay by pay pal. I fear our accounts will just run out before this is resolved.
    Last edited by Nayuaka; August 2nd, 2006 at 08:10 PM.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Look at your past statements and see when they renew then you'll have a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    The log from IRC was attempted to be posted in the forums, unfortunately Peaches has decided that you all should not know what is happening here and deleted the post.
    Host the log on a site and post the link? Or send me the link? Or put the link in your sig?

No one can delete something you've hosted yourself, only the post the link to it was provided in. And if putting it in your sig, then it somehow gets removed, then you definately know something fishy is going on and you should run the other way very quickly.

They've been reposted again. I was going to do that when I got home from work

Thumbs down

I've got multiple accounts, and it doesn't give me an option to choose which one I want to update. Also, the credit card one requires you to use snail mail, which "could take up to three weeks". Two of my accounts bill within that time frame, the third is on that 3 months for 26 something billing ... what now ... ????

I tried to contact EI billing, but got....voicemail.... .... No call system, no operators standing by, no hold music while I wait for an operator to accept my call... just.. voicemail?
    Last edited by Jazmyn; August 3rd, 2006 at 12:03 AM.

Thread Information