Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (!) "CAUTION: Updating your billing info"

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    yes, Alla, I realize that. And my point is, this error was just brought
    to light earlier today, yet people expect an immediate resolution.
    Give them a chance to fix it before everyone screams the sky
    is falling again.
    What I really would like to see, what would put my mind more at ease, is if someone from their company would post a short note saying "We are currently having some issues with the new billing system. We are looking into it and will let you know when we have more information." I do customer service/tech support for a living. Even if I don't have an immediate answer, I at least acknowledge that I'm looking into it.

That should do it Alla, they can now copy and paste what you wrote

Default well

Dyn was on earlier today and advised that they are aware of the issue and are currently working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Nynelyves
    Dyn was on earlier today and advised that they are aware of the issue and are currently working on it

Dyn was on where? Do you have a link to the post or was it an IRC thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    yes, Alla, I realize that. And my point is, this error was just brought to light earlier today, yet people expect an immediate resolution.
    When Tulga changed billing providers several months back, there was an immediate acknowledgement of the resulting issues in the forums, there were updates posted on the login & community pages, Reyem was very active in taking information and responding to posts, and David was working issues personally when people logged in to IRC to ask what was happening.

The response was immediate, professional, and visible. They worked the issues and did so politely and apologetically. There may not have been an immediate solution, but David, Reyem, and the rest of the team took ownership of the issue and kept the community updated.

So far, EI has not acknowledged that they are even aware that a problem exists. That is not an acceptable level of service.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Zambit - You ran into a bit of bad luck. The game is good, and the new player portions have recently been overhauled, and are much better these days. You should enjoy it.

The company changed hands, and the new company is changing the billing arrangements, as of today; they seem to have run into a problem. Since money issues get VERY high priority, I don't think you'll have to wait long.

So hang in there, it's worth the wait.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Actually he was in marketplace chat on the server....

I had four subscriptions in the past, I cancelled two due to limited play time and finances. My other two accounts showed now billing/subscription information. I sent in a report and was told it was being looked into for resolution. Receiving no further communiction concerning this, I assumed my issue would be corrected by the new billing system but after seeing today's problems, I will not be entering my billing information today.

I currently do not have a PayPal account and I will not start one just to pay/Play Horizons. I understand I could submit my CC information directly for manual processing but that is rediculous.

So like Tigris mentioned, I guess my only option is to let my accounts expire and say goodbye to Horizons.
    Last edited by Meloric; August 2nd, 2006 at 12:31 AM.

You folks know that the problem has only existed for just short of 21 hours now, right?

Just wanted to point that out.

Actually Meloric, I find that having a PayPal acct is pretty handy. Small merchants may take it instead of credit cards as does one I buy some electronic parts from occasionally.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnir
    You folks know that the problem has only existed for just short of 21 hours now, right?

Just wanted to point that out.
    Bears repeating.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Sure...it may have only been up for less than 24 hours now, but I'd like to know if I need to contact my credit card company to cancel my account. Of course I'm sure since it's been less than 24 hours though, EI has no obligation to notify any of us if we're in possible danger or not...is that what you're saying?

Zhul

Insecure connections, information stored in .txt files, manual billing of credit cards (these are only some of the things I heard online tonight)? This is all asinine. If EI wants Horizons to succeed they need to address these concerns immediately before the entire player base bails.

Manually handling the credit card payments was only mentioned when someone said "2 to 3 days? What? Are they doing it manually?" or something to that affect.

It was never stated that was their method of handling the credit card transactions.

I swear, this place is worse then the Johnny Dangerously grapevine.

Whats that you're saying Ophelea? Hamsters?
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I hate that they do that:P. Really stupid. They are talking to what? 50 people? If they post on the forums, or even in IRC, they are talking to a lot more.
    are in irc more then 50 people? nice

As far as EI's processing CC information manually, it's even worse that just that:

http://horizons.eiinteractive.com/update_cc.htm

This for is asking you to PRINT all of your credit card information INCLUDING the CVC code and MAIL it to their offices.

Where it will, no doubt, be processed manually.

That is an open invitation for your customers to get hit with fraudulent credit charges.

I understand that you're new to the MMO business, but this is beyond foolish.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I just reread my post and there is a mistype in it. That should have read....."account show NO billing/subcription information" instead of now. That problem occured prior to the change over and is much older than 21 hours as is the report I sent in.

The confusion on manually handling credit card payments must be from people just scanning posts instead of actually reading them. Credit card billing will be handled by PayPal if you have a PayPal account and input the data into the billing form. Manually handling credit cards would be used if PayPal was not used and teh credit card information was sent directly to EI. That at least is my interpretation of the statement by EI on the Billing/Account page.

I have never needed a PayPal acccount for any transactions on the internet or with any merchant I have ever used and can see no reason at all to acquire one now just to pay for/play one game.

edit: I see LO found the form for sending your CC information to EI. Unless some alternate way of payment is set up, it looks like I will be leaving Istaria. I will not create an account at PayPal for a single use just to pay for the game and no way would I sent that type of personal credit information in the mail where any JoeBlow could gain access to it. In all honesty the complete lack of any communication on these billing issues from EI to the community other than something said in IRC nor anything on whether any further development of the game other than "events" leaves me with a very bad feeling for the future of the game.
    Last edited by Meloric; August 2nd, 2006 at 06:08 AM.

Kallis

Good job i payed on paypal..BUT it took me back to the savage eden site saying thankyou for subscribing to savage eden, and when i tried to acess the 'manage account' it asked me to enter details all over again. If they havent credited me game time im going to dispute a claim through paypal.

Even Woody is concerned about this. From the front page of Gu:

GU has been getting very disturbing reports of terrible billing practices going with Horizons right now. I trust the sources implicityly.

For the protection of existing users, in the face these billing faux pas', GU feels a distinct obligation to advise any and all MMOG gamers to avoid Horizons (even the free trial) until such time as EI Interactive has the billing situation effectively handled and the danger eliminated.

I would go into more detail; but, I do not feel it to be prudent as it could potentially expose existing users to more educated and focussed forms of attack.

Again GU is asking that all gamers avoid Horizons until such time as EI Interactive has the billing system fully in hand. I will keep you apprised of the situation as best I can.
    EI really, really needs to address players' concerns immediately!

Thread Information