Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Campaign for Development

Default New Campaign for Development

Today I am starting a new campaign on the forums in favor of continued development of Horizons by EI Interactive.

The reasons are as follows...

Unlike many other games, HZ needs to continue to develop. In game mini events by world masters, while fun, will not hold the attention of the current player base for long. Most here are mature players willing to spend time developing their characters and enjoy the complexities of the adv/crafting systems. They are not flash in the pan players like you see in other games. If development is not continued, fixes will not take place and long standing issues will drive off many. Even simple error fixes in the Database will need skilled and driven management and programming.

To that end, I would urge EI stongly to hire someone to do the job that Smeglor was doing. I would further urge them to let us know when they have someone in place, and try and give us an idea of what the plans are for HZ.

Continue Development of Horizons... and the future looks bright!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I couldn't agree with you more. Ongoing development is absolutely essential for Horizons to prosper.

HZ is a game of great potential, but development is required to fully realize that potential.

Yes very true Aamer. I am sure most would agree that we can't just run on live events with no development for 3-6 months. I'm sure they'll need to get to know the system first and then jump in and get thier feet wet. I would think a month would be sufficent. Lets hope fot he best

yes we need an continous progression

i hope EI wont ignore us the next 6 month (or longer) and then think we will be happy if they show us a little patch (as announcement)

EI need to take good developers who are well-known to the game

i fear nothing will happen the next weeks/months

I agree with you totally, Aamer. However, I doubt this thread will get a response any more than any of the others have.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I would personally love to see this splash screen go away , is there someway the spooky spider one can be put in its place not so many mobs running around ROP road and the spiders were fun and the costumes cool, and hay so its not October yet but,,,,,, that gives a good 2-3 months we can beat up spiders collect candy and wait for a new event.
    THIS is the wrong place to put it but another reason to not get Blights current build is confectioner is uh ,, hum, uh shall I say broken ie:
    1) cant make pepper need pepper berry's and not pepper corns.
    2) cant make any meat products or soups all the meat now comes as flanks and not as raw
    3) now to dig potatoes you need to use a clay scoop vs a harvest knife
    SO to top matters off we can do no confectioning and can do no quest that require sand orgers , ie mage quest dragon quest and some others.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    yes we need an continous progression

i hope EI wont ignore us the next 6 month (or longer) and then think we will be happy if they show us a little patch (as announcement)

EI need to take good developers who are well-known to the game

i fear nothing will happen the next weeks/months
    You hope... well by the silence I hear in all those posts to EI i think they ignore us atm.....

*adds his vote in favor of continued development*
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Adds another vote for continued development! Now if only EI would actually post on the forums as the Tulga Devs did oftenly.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Adds my vote

and do we "have" to beat cows with a bucket to get milk?

One of these days the cows are going to rebel
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    Adds my vote

and do we "have" to beat cows with a bucket to get milk?

One of these days the cows are going to rebel
    Not to mention those raw eggs that are beaten out of the chicken....
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I don't intend to reactivate my current account until there is some news about continued development. Horizons still needs a lot of work, the kind of work it was getting before the sale of the game.

This too is my biggest concern - whilst I still have enough to do for a long time, if HZ does not get constant development - it will stagnate and die..

My other concern is that a lot of the players have multiple subscriptions .. EI may not realise how quickly their playerbase can dissappear if people start to leave.

All EI has to do to win my support is to communicate with us openly and demonstrate a sincere committment to continued development of new content and new game features. Without development, the game stagnates, subscriptions drop, and EI loses incentive to continue the game. And right now, EI is our only hope for that development.

So, come on, Ed. All I want is a solid reason to believe in you.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    All EI has to do to win my support is to communicate with us openly and demonstrate a sincere committment to continued development of new content and new game features. Without development, the game stagnates, subscriptions drop, and EI loses incentive to continue the game. And right now, EI is our only hope for that development.

So, come on, Ed. All I want is a solid reason to believe in you.

And all we continue to hear is ........

Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld
    And all we continue to hear is ........

Silence
    Which if you check the Savage eden boards I found less then 10 dev post. So they do not talk a lot it seems. 2 of which are coming things to the game that never say if they made it in or not. They look like they have not had Savage eden for much more then a year. But can not find anything on thier taking over of Savage eden yet my self so know clue how long they have had that.

Unhappy It's The Bloody Engine

IMO, much of people's aggravations, and I suspect many dev aggravations, spring from the game's dratted engine.

It needs to be replaced. That, I believe, will make possible many of the things people have been hoping for.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    This too is my biggest concern - whilst I still have enough to do for a long time, if HZ does not get constant development - it will stagnate and die..

My other concern is that a lot of the players have multiple subscriptions .. EI may not realise how quickly their playerbase can dissappear if people start to leave.
    My opinion is, and I've seen it expressed by others in at least one other thread, that they do indeed realize how quickly the playerbase can disappear...

and perhaps that is the intent... Business losses, at least as far as I know for US companies, can be a major tax write off... especially in the first 3 years or so...

http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Which if you check the Savage eden boards I found less then 10 dev post. So they do not talk a lot it seems. 2 of which are coming things to the game that never say if they made it in or not. They look like they have not had Savage eden for much more then a year. But can not find anything on thier taking over of Savage eden yet my self so know clue how long they have had that.
    An estimate would be...no longer than about 1 year and 7 months.

How did I get that figure? When I made my first (of hopefully 5) Account updates so I am paying via PayPal...I used the function available to look up the information on EI Interactive.

Rating: 64 (I am assuming out of 100)

Customer: 1 year 7 months

Take it for what it is worth.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Found this after some snooping

Discovered this little tidbit after snooping around

" Since we became publisher of Nako Interactive's Savage Eden Game in October 2005, we’ve increased player subscriptions by nearly 500 percent.”

E I Interactive (E I Communications Corp.) is an established publisher of online content, including MMORPGames, casual games, web based game portals, including a casual game portal, and game review and information sites. E I acquires publishing rights and is aggressively working to complete its portals stable of six MMORPG properties. Bringing quality content to the market, managing it well, and promoting it effectively are the three essential cornerstones of the E I business strategy. "

So they aquired in Oct of '05 , are ' publishers ' have a stable of six mmo's and ya gotta like the last bit about promotion and management.

" this is the sound .... of silence ' - Simon & Garfunkel

Found this also http://www.gameintruder.com/SEScreenshots.html
    take note of the pics with player talk test and the red dragon one ... I wont offer any comment so make your own minds up.
    Last edited by Theros Ironfeld; August 4th, 2006 at 12:13 PM.

Thread Information