Thread: Music Issues

Default Music Issues

Something they have done to the game recently to the game engine makes my in game music go away. if i log out and log back in ,if i reboot my computer i get the tn game music untill the next log out and log in its not my sound card i have in -game spell and background noise and sounds just no music.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Music Issues

when it comes to the music, same thing happens here music sudden goes away, and only sound effects can be heard, when relogging the music comes back, not sure if this happens to my other characters too, or only one of them

Music in this client build seems to be about as reliable as the "BOOM!" spell. (And about as useful -- go walk around Bristugo and you'll see what I mean.) I think it's better to leave it off and play something else in the background (or silence).

Anyway, good luck getting it back. I've lost the music a few times before and didn't notice.

Ever since the last set of client updates, which included an overhauled sound engine things haven't been right. The bugs were being worked out, but it might be a long time if it ever gets fixed now.

while this is probably only a minor issue (or even a non-issue) for most folks, this is a really disappointing one for me. i've always really enjoyed the music for HZ (except for the "loading" music. got REAL tired of that early on). even to this day, I still have much of the music on my MP3 player that I carry around with me.

i've also been looking for other music like it to add to the game, and have compiled quite the extensive list of assorted tunes and such from far and wide. i'd really like to get some of those tunes playing while in game, but since i've started playing again in the past two weeks or so, i've been having trouble with the music system in ways that i can't pinpoint.

in various places throughout the world it seems as if the music system just starts getting confused, and plays the first second or two of a tune (just long enough to fade in, then fade out again immediately), and then it skips to the next tune where it repeats the fade in/out for a second, and then returns to the first tune. the process repeats indefinitely.

this appears to continue until i leave the "area" i'm in and enter into a new "area" which will sometimes force the music system to pick one tune and stick with it for a while, though, i've had no success in really figuring out whats going on with it.

anyway, this was part bug report, part whine/vent. i really enjoyed the music system in the game. shame to see it get all wonky.

Unhappy Re: Music Issues

I too have noticed that the music goes away sometimes and I can't get it back. Since I too really like Hz music, this is rather disappointing.

The only place I have trouble is in Dralk. If I start in downtown Dralk and go south over the volcano, at the point I cross the rim (roughly the same moment the map changes over), the music will hiccup, change over to the out-of-town music, hiccup, return to the in-town music, hiccup and back to the out-of-town stuff again for a moment, then fade away, never to return until restart. Same thing happens when I start well-out of town and pick a fight: fight music, hiccup, splat.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Thread Information