Thread: Article by Dyn at MMORPG.com

Default Article by Dyn at MMORPG.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/791

A short but well-presented article on various tools which can be of assistance to an MMO development team.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I get nothing but random characters when I click on that link. Perhaps my tech should check my computer settings.

Thanks for pointing that out LaughingOtter... I hope it gives people some insight into the amount of work creating MMOs is
    Michael "Dyn" Hampden

As do I. :-)

I look forward to the next installment.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Good article, Dyn. If you revise it or redo it in the future I would recommend adding some suggestions ofr potential softare (wikis), alternatives to Perforce like CVS or StarTeam or even SourceSafe.

Also, a few more things that are essential for any game developer/designer are: MS Word (or some word processing application), MS Excel, and MS Visio for flowcharting and email.

Just some suggestions for future revisions and thoughts.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nice.

Thanks to Dyn for writing this and to LO for pointing it out to the rest of us.

Another thing that's been pretty key for me in my gaming experience is MSN and AIM.
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Thread Information