Thread: IRC Q&A with Danu 8/5/2006

Default IRC Q&A with Danu 8/5/2006

... = non-game related chat cut out

[15:52] <@DANU_EI> E I team have been working hard to get billing and customer service into shape....I hope the outcome will be good for all players when concluded sorry ithas taken so long

[15:53] <Imayo> Danu: will we once again be able to add additional subscriptions to the same account?
    [15:53] <@DANU_EI> aye you will be abel toadd as before

[15:57] <Khoal> DANU, will EI keep TG's policy of not deleting character data if the sub runs out?
    [15:58] <@DANU_EI> Aye our policy has always been and will continue to be to never wipe chars
    ….
    [16:16] * Peaches sets mode: +m
    [16:16] <@Peaches> ok any questions please send me pm and I will post them
    [16:17] <@DANU_EI> Frid try not to be rude....the point is historically there was only one person able to do maintenance and repair servers, now there are tow
    [16:17] <@Peaches> danu they cannot respond in here to you now, so I have asked them to field questions to me, they can see us type
    [16:17] <@DANU_EI> Unix is a new opportunity for Jeff to grow , this make s happy employees , he also can go ski with greater freedoma nd less risk to servers'
    [16:18] * Hal`cyon is now known as Hal|Muted
    [16:18] * Khoal is now known as Khoal|silenced
    [16:18] <@DANU_EI> Khoal a new confectioner fix was agreeed upon by David and I last week when I was in Phoenix it is a priority
    [16:19] * Hal|Muted is now known as Hal|CantDoConfWOSimChanges
    [16:19] * Hal|CantDoConfWOSimChanges is now known as Hal|CantDoSimChangesWOAdrian
    [16:19] <@DANU_EI> Guys I want to communicate ....but silenced means you arent trying
    [16:19] <@Peaches> danu they cant talk, I moderated the rooom
    [16:19] <@DANU_EI> I am sure I missed a few inquiries
    [16:19] * Lex is now known as LexWeDIdNotChooseToBESIlenced
    [16:20] * Khoal|silenced is now known as Khoal|gagged
    [16:20] <@DANU_EI> ok so I wish to listen
    [16:20] * Hal|CantDoSimChangesWOAdrian is now known as Hal`cyon
    [16:20] <@Peaches> they have to field their questions to me and I can post for you to answer
    [16:20] <@DANU_EI> but i type slowly like an old guy
    [16:20] <@DANU_EI> ok
    [16:20] <@Peaches> here is your first question
    [16:20] <@DANU_EI> fire questions
    [16:20] <@Peaches> *Lex* Does the statement that you have more than one game mean that Horizons has no special priority in your agenda?
    [16:22] * Khoal|gagged is now known as Khoal|hearscrickets
    [16:22] <@DANU_EI> lex if you have read my posts yo would know that I love the Horizons game and its potential personally, from a business standpoint it is job one......the unix platform is th ereason Hal needed to understandthat we have a need for unix and windows
    [16:22] <@DANU_EI> methinks we go to ventrillo I speak much faster than type
    [16:22] <@Peaches> please indicate done too danu, so I can post the next question
    [16:22] <@DANU_EI> doen
    [16:23] <@Peaches> *Hal`cyon* How will the game be developed when the most experienced developer only worked for Tulga remotely for about a month?
    [16:23] <@DANU_EI> Hal as my kids can be assumptive so are you
    [16:23] * LexWeDIdNotChooseToBESIlenced is now known as Lex
    [16:24] * Hal`cyon is now known as Hal|SpeaksWithTheOldTeamDaily
    [16:24] <@Peaches> any more questions?
    [16:24] <@DANU_EI> The game development process will be moved forward with a lot of discipline by a team that will be interested in long term employment and contractors who will support them if they need to grow
    [16:26] <@Peaches> Lex* Danu, will we see a more definitve locationo for inofrmation from the developers and owners, such as the login page or launcher?
    [16:26] <@DANU_EI> One of the changes a number of players and dev staff have suggested is a reworking of forums and concentration of threads in an easier to ue fashion
    [16:27] <@DANU_EI> forum membership will be for subscribers only going forward so the input is by people who
    have a stake in the game and truly care
    [16:27] * Plink is now known as to|aradoth_dot_net_colon_6760
    [16:27] * Hal|SpeaksWithTheOldTeamDaily is now known as Hal|WhatAboutPotentialPlayersA
    [16:27] * Hal|WhatAboutPotentialPlayersA is now known as Hal|AskingQuestions
    [16:27] <@Peaches> hal send in questions to me please
    [16:28] <@Peaches> ready for next question danu?
    [16:28] * to|aradoth_dot_net_colon_6760_ is now known as channel_aradoth
    [16:28] * channel_aradoth is now known as Plink
    [16:29] * Tanaros has joined #Horizons
    [16:29] <@Peaches> ok posting next question
    [16:29] <@Peaches> *Soresha* hi Peaches, can you ask Danu what progress has been made towards an agreement with GN? folks on Unity want to know what's happening
    [16:29] <@DANU_EI> aye'
    [16:30] * Aria has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
    [16:30] * dYn|wertzui has joined #Horizons
    [16:30] <@DANU_EI> Sor amongst the joy of billing, I have had a dialogue with GN
    [16:30] <@DANU_EI> I have comeforward with a fresh proposal and hope to build a relationship a new
    [16:31] <@DANU_EI> Being a creative sort, which you would only understand if you knew the whole story of Horizons acquisition
    [16:31] <@DANU_EI> I have tried a number of avenues to work with Digital Brothers
    [16:31] <@DANU_EI> Unfortunately,
    [16:32] <@DANU_EI> there is a lot of history that they need to cope with,
    [16:32] * dYn|wertzui has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
    [16:33] * Plink is now known as Brothers_Chap
    [16:33] <@Peaches> ok another question
    [16:33] * Variol has joined #Horizons
    [16:33] <@Peaches> *Cerjar* now that the Evolution Engine is still in the hands of Tulga, how will new features that need improvement in this engine be developed? will Tulga do these stuff?
    [16:34] <@DANU_EI> The future status of the engine ownership is not clear, however we are excited to work with Ricka nd his group for special engine modifications as necessary
    [16:35] <@DANU_EI> clearly
    [16:35] <@DANU_EI> if the engine is not being maintained for any reason we have rights to hire others to work source code
    [16:35] <@DANU_EI> done
    [16:35] <@Peaches> *Frid`s-laptop* Does that mean all existing forum accounts will be dissabled then membership will be automatic based on account logins?
    [16:37] * Brothers_Chap is now known as Plink
    [16:37] <@DANU_EI> Frid the details of how that will be done have not been set....if you have ideas tell dark or peaches and they will get them to right team member
    [16:37] <@Peaches> *Warsong* With the Forums being People who truly care about the game only wouldnt that be like Burning Books you only get one side of the story?
    [16:38] <@DANU_EI> warsong I loved asherons call and logged into the forum rarely
    [16:38] * Plink is now known as Plink|Appauds
    [16:39] <@DANU_EI> I think the forums today are populated by a lot of people with mixed agendas and upset, some real concern and some imagined, I wish to have all sides of the story
    [16:39] <@DANU_EI> however
    [16:39] * Hal|AskingQuestions is now known as Hal|Concerned
    [16:39] <@DANU_EI> if someone does not play the game
    [16:39] <@DANU_EI> like many consultants on the boards
    [16:40] <@DANU_EI> their voice is not as important as those who play
    [16:40] <@DANU_EI> done
    [16:40] <@Peaches> *Lex* How long was the Horizons acquition in a planning stage?
    [16:40] * dYn|wertzui has joined #Horizons
    [16:40] <@DANU_EI> does hal have questions
    [16:40] <@Peaches> chekcing the list now
    [16:40] <@DANU_EI> I was first approached at E3
    [16:40] <@Peaches> yes I have one
    [16:41] <@DANU_EI> the sale and circumstances of the situation were a bit odd
    [16:41] * maiyr is now known as potential_sub|unimportant_voic
    [16:41] <@DANU_EI> but I saw such great potential that I took a very aggressivve stance to do things that were undoable in many eyes
    [16:41] <@Peaches> please stop changing nicks
    [16:42] <@DANU_EI> doen
    [16:42] <@Peaches> *Hal|AskingQuestions* Did you notify the people who's credit card numbers were compromised by the old billing form that posted them to a publically accessable text file?
    [16:42] <@DANU_EI> potential subs can read not post in may game forums
    [16:42] * Fidri has quit IRC (Quit: )
    [16:43] * dYn|wertzui has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
    [16:43] <@DANU_EI> Hal we are communicating in multiple channels with all subscribers who have been in billing maintenance in one way or another
    [16:44] * Hal|Concerned is now known as Hal|SoNoThen-Sigh
    [16:44] <@Peaches> hal please stop changing nick
    [16:45] <@DANU_EI> Hal You have made a few assumptions and not listened maybe you should try a direct dialogue
    [16:45] * Khoal|hearscrickets is now known as Khoal|lastnickIswear
    [16:45] * Hal|SoNoThen-Sigh is now known as Hal|CantTalkModeM
    [16:45] <@Peaches> *Imayo* If they cannot post in the forums, then how are they supposed to get their questions answered?
    [16:45] <@DANU_EI> answer is yes
    [16:46] <@DANU_EI> hal the timing of each email tro each person is not here on my desk
    [16:46] <@DANU_EI> mabe you do not understand roles in organizations, hopefully you will learn manners
    [16:46] <@DANU_EI> doen
    [16:47] <@Peaches> *Solanaceae* Danu, will Unity subscribers still be able to post on the forums, given that the Unity subscriber database is property of GN?
    [16:47] <@DANU_EI> I have asked Luca how he would like to handle that and need to respect his wishes
    [16:47] <@DANU_EI> done
    [16:47] <@Peaches> *Warsong* Based on your response to my first question would you be eliminating the possible returning player or new Sub by keeping them out of the forums?
    [16:48] <@DANU_EI> I hope we will allow new subs or returning players an avenue for communication
    [16:48] <@Peaches> any more questions?
    [16:48] <@DANU_EI> but read only status is not rare
    [16:48] <@DANU_EI> possibly sections
    [16:49] <@Peaches> <Steelclaw> Have you considered the potential subs who wish to ask questions about the game or have trouble running the game? They come to the forum to get their answers and tech support -- and you can't open a ticket without an account.
    [16:51] <@DANU_EI> tickets and email inquiries will need to be received ..once again structure needs to be designed with sectios
    [16:51] <@DANU_EI> done
    [16:49] <@Peaches> <Steelclaw> Have you considered the potential subs who wish to ask questions about the game or have trouble running the game? They come to the forum to get their answers and tech support -- and you can't open a ticket without an account.
    [16:51] <@DANU_EI> tickets and email inquiries will need to be received ..once again structure needs to be designed with sectios
    [16:51] <@DANU_EI> done
    [16:51] <@Peaches> *Variol* If the games numer of sub's were to increase a great deal would that allow for a larger dev team...sorry if this has already been asked.
    [16:52] * Asteral has left #Horizons
    [16:52] * Seraies has quit IRC (Quit: Trillian (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com)
    [16:52] <@DANU_EI> hal i have not seen a direct tell rom u
    [16:53] * Asteral has joined #Horizons
    [16:53] <@Peaches> I am processing all the questons in my list, some arent showing up for some reason
    [16:53] <@DANU_EI> dev team and content growth rate will expnd with subs
    [16:55] <@Peaches> *Khoal|lastnickIswear* If only active subscribers can post on the forums, what will you do with this IRC channel?
    [16:55] <@DANU_EI> I have acall coing in
    [16:55] <@Peaches> okies
    [16:57] <@DANU_EI> LOL it depends on how smished danu dragon is when he visits...
    [16:57] <@DANU_EI> I think integrating more dialogie by players is only point
    [16:58] <@Peaches> Thank you Danu, for taking the time to come in and address questions and concerns
    [16:58] <@DANU_EI> ty all
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

The sections I cut out were personal, non-game related chat. Those upper questions were asked before the room went into moderated mode and the Q&A session started. I thought everyone would be interested in those answers as well so I scrolled up to get them as well. I didn't cut anything out after the room went moderated.
    Last edited by Imayo; August 5th, 2006 at 10:09 PM.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Nice, thanks for posting this.

thanks

and again i ask myself why irc is the only way EII gives infos

wow.... wow... <sighs>
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; August 6th, 2006 at 05:20 PM.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

hehe Danu said smished. whee! *smish!*

I do miss Swythe, but the smish lives on.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information