Thread: A New Perspective

Default A New Perspective

I sat there and listened all day amongst the various chat rooms to the constant, if not very heated discussion going on. I played just to the point where Tulga took over from AE, and then I left, and then I came back over a year later. The arguements and off the handle panic that I found in game during that time were a major reason I was drove me away because I get on to relax and have fun, and if you have to listen to people bicker constantly and not enjoy the game, it spoils that mood. My life is full of hassles without having to deal with them in my source of entertainment.

I am not saying EI has not really screwed up in some places, and yes, it certainly does need to be held accountable for it via an outlet and where appropriate, but to harp in game about it constantly takes the fruit from the pie and just makes it unenjoyable for others. Which has its turn and fair share in damaging the community, and those who enjoy playing the game even admist all this current chaos. If anyone is going to make the complaint that this whole issue is driving a wedge between the community members and players then its important to remember that we are as much a part of making or breaking that wedge as anything or anybody else.

Perhaps I just want to see everyone step back, take a breath, and breathe for a moment before we all start putting flags and tags on our friends and fellow players, ending friendships, guilds, and take as much a hand in that destruction of community spirit and game, and that seems to be getting more and more heated amongst us fellow players.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Thank you, Arzel. I agree that if folks want to discuss ooc topics then they should do so either privately or in a chat they set up for that purpose, not on the standing public chats. I also agree that more patience would go a long way... so far I've seen EI trying to respond but looking a little overwhelmed by the inundation of folks' comments.

I too would like to keep things generally fun/light in game; for intense stuff there is definitely plenty in RL. See you in Istaria! :-)

Very nice post Arzel.

Graylorne

Yes, this expresses my feelings to the letter. I'm a new player, I joined HZ just before the take-over by EI, so I started completely neutral. And I'm forced to say I'm shocked by the way people go on in the forums. If there's anything that's turning me away from this game it's that. It's just like OP said, playing is no fun if these vitriolic discussions are going on around you. So if you want new people to join, watch how you behave against each other (both players and EI). For if you should really succeed in shying newcomers away, you'll only have the old boys(/girls) crowd left and would that be enough to run te game on? And a last thought: if EI really comes to the conclusion that they bit off more than they can chew, as one poster supposed, let's hope they don't spit it out then and close up shop.
    If I stepped on anyone's toes saying all this, I apologise. And if I used a word or sentence that's in the wrong spot, well English is not my native language. I wish you all wisdom, patience and trust. For we're all bound together and we have to be positive if we want this game to survive.

Graylorne

Exactly. I agree. We all love this game for various reasons and many of us don't want to see it die. There will be many changes, trails and mistakes to get through. We need to be as positive as we can no matter who owns and runs the game. I hope that is true for everyone, because I seem to recall many blasting TG in MP offen. I dont think any company whom owns an MMO needs that and certainly the players trying to enjoy the game don't need that either.

Excellent point Arzel

Jayne

Default I, whole heartedly, agree

If we keep these forums alive with productive, well thought out posts, it will make moderation sooo much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    There will be many changes, trails and mistakes to get through.
    /e still looking for the trail that will lead me away from mistakes

Nice post and most of the sentiment is true.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi
    Perhaps I just want to see everyone step back, take a breath, and breathe for a moment before we all start putting flags and tags on our friends and fellow players, ending friendships, guilds, and take as much a hand in that destruction of community spirit and game, and that seems to be getting more and more heated amongst us fellow players.
    Agreed!! Thanks Arzel
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Thread Information