Thread: *waves bye to the forums*

Default *waves bye to the forums*

At this time, I will no longer be posting on these forums. (Not that I was a regular poster to begin with.) I may return one day, but that day won't be anytime soon. I do, however, plan to continue playing Horizons at least through the end of the year, if not longer. If anyone reading these forums wishes to contact me, they may do so by sending me a PM, as they will get forwarded to my email.

If any are wondering, I do intend to continue updating the Dragon "Cheat Sheet" linked in that thread and located here on my site. For those who know of my other Horizons-related project, I will be continuing to work on that as well, as soon as I regain some motivation.

See you all in Istaria.
    -- Kala (aka Zur)

I wonder, why post this, why not simply abstain from posting, if that's what you want to do?

Forums are back to the way they were before, although new guidelines have been posted, which I think contained nothing objectionable. The goodbye section is being returned at such time as it is able to be.

To me, it was posted because of project(s) being worked on, and because Kala is still in the game.. to clarify what should be done if people want to contact her. I think it's appropriate. There isn't a 'goodbye' forum at this time, so this is the route she chose. <shrugs>
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Ya...she's not leaving, so why would a goodbye forum even be necessary?

Because, although she will be in the game, she will not be on the forum... she's saying goodbye to the forum... and offering ways to contact her otherwise.

Gosh... I know this is not a difficult concept ... not one worth being confrontational over.
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

I think in these times of heightened sensitivities (complete with mild paranoia) and since Kala has not given any reason why she left the forums people are wondering (I know I have) if the changed forum moderation policy had stuck in her throat.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

The gag order has been lifted. Maybe some people are unaware?

The gag order has been lifted, but there is extra sensitive modding with PM's going to many, many people to edit their posts to be "appropriate" for these forums, even there has been nothing "offensive" in those posts to begin with. I find absolutely nothing wrong with what Zur has posted here and find it appalling anyone questions as to why they did. It's very clear from the first post as to the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpion
    The gag order has been lifted, but there is extra sensitive modding with PM's going to many, many people to edit their posts to be "appropriate" for these forums, even there has been nothing "offensive" in those posts to begin with. I find absolutely nothing wrong with what Zur has posted here and find it appalling anyone questions as to why they did. It's very clear from the first post as to the reason.
    Oh I find nothing wrong with what Zur posted, but appalling to question why? Why is it appalling? It's only natural to ask why, it is not at all clear from her post as to why. Everybody breathe, please, we're all curious about what each other are thinking/feeling right now.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Quote Originally Posted by Alpion
    there has been nothing "offensive" in those posts to begin with. I find absolutely nothing wrong with what Zur has posted here and find it appalling anyone questions as to why they did. It's very clear from the first post as to the reason.
    Offensiveness is in the eye of the reader. I remember when certain subjects on the boards were heavily modded under TG. I also remember at least 2 individuals that had to have all their posts "filtered" by moderators and approved for posting.

Dravatar

The upfront explaining of a possible prolonged absence to friends via a "normal" medium is perfectly understandable and acceptable, in my opinion. Even moreso if a player has taken the time to create something helpful to the community's enjoyment of the game. Users would understandably want to stay in contact for any ideas and suggestions for this and any future mods.

Thank you Kala, for the heads up. I hope that you are able to return soon and good luck with your projects.

Thread Information