Thread: EII - are you in negotiations with GN about Unity?

Default EII - are you in negotiations with GN about Unity?

A simple and short answer will do - but i would also appreciate a longer one ...

(Second attempt. Pls don't flame in this post so it won't be closed again. Feel free to bump it though)

I too would like to see the status of this situation, the silence is deafening.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Danu was questioned about GN in IRC on Aug. 5. The log's still up on these forums, although it's slipped to the second page.

*Soresha* ...What progress has been made towards an agreement with GN? Folks on Unity want to know what's happening.
    DANU_EI> Aye
    DANU_EI> Sor amongst the joy of billing, I have had a dialogue with GN. I have come forward with a fresh proposal and hope to build a relationship anew. Being a creative sort, which you would only understand if you knew the whole story of Horizons acquisition, I have tried a number of avenues to work with Digital Brothers. Unfortunately, there is a lot of history that they need to cope with.
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

Kallis

I love the way Danu contradicts himself. Anyway, back to topic, yeah an answer on this would certainly 'lower the water level' so to speak.

Umm, I don't see anything contradictory in the quoted snippet from Danu's statements in IRC. I read his statements to mean that he has in fact approached GN/Digital Brothers about developing some fresh business relationship, but given GN's less than stellar relationship with Tulga, EI has some rather ugly history to overcome before a new business relationship can be formed.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Kallis

I was talking about Danu in general, not that quote

I think it would be difficult for EI to state that they are 'in negotiations'. For that can mean a host of different things, from sounding-out-talk to definite contract proposals.

I see from Danu's IRC statements that EII has not overlooked the fact that there is a server called Unity and that things are far from perfect there. That's all that can be hoped for at the moment, I guess. And propably all that they could state openly, no matter what really happens and how close they are tro a solution.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Hmm... did you email them? That might get you further.
    Also, I think it might be way early for them to give you any kind of answer on that.

Dravatar

As we have seen earlier, until a negotiation is final, confidentiality make play a role in releasing any details until the actual agreement has been made.

[13:31]<DANU_EI> I have made an offer to GN and am awaiting there response.
    This is direct from DANU. Sounds like we are waiting on GN at this point.

Kallis

Quote Originally Posted by Dha'Vol
    In that case, kick back and crack open a beer or 2, were gonna be waiting a while for GN to respond (as always)

Well, all i wanted know was, if EII cares about Unity and had contacted GN.
    So far so good - mission accomplished.

Now it's time for waiting, but aren't we Masters in that already?

Quote Originally Posted by Dha'Vol
    The last I heard from Luca is that they were making "definate progress" - that was a week ago (and that was all he would/could say). If EI has made an offer to GN.. well we'll see what happens next.

However Luca is currently on holiday. He said he wouldn't be back until 20th August, and that's a Sunday. So I don't think anything will start happening again on GN's side until Monday 21st at the absolute earliest. And even then, as Dravatar and others have said many times, we won't get any real info until their negotiations are completed.

*sits down next to Kallis and Hagen and waits with them*

Soresha

Hey guys I am not one for holding back on a topic so let me throw my 2 bits in on this

I have let all this talk of super sekret contract negotiations go for the longest time but I just want to let you in on my own contract experience.

First off, contract talks are, at their nature, not secret =) A contract negotiation between 2 parties is simply that, a negotiation. It is generally NOT common procedure to have a gag order re: the status of ongoing negotiations between 2 parties

That said, some negotiations are started with a privacy agreement regarding the exact details of the discussions. (usually revolving around privacy of parties involved or finacial details.) but almost never, in my experience, regarding the fact that there is, indeed, a negotiation taking place.

I find it funny, although not all that unreasonable given the cloak and dagger tactics and drama that Tulga used to operate with, that everyone thinks that it's just normal that no one can say anything about a contract =)

Ever listen to the news about union negotiations? Ever heard the phrase "Making good progress..", "Close to an agreement...", "probably requiring the intervention of an arbitrator...", " by the deadline of midnight tonight..".. =) Contracts are not a super sekret deal The specifics of the documnet can be but in the case of EII and GN I would think they would both be wanting their communities to know they are working hard on a deal =)

That said, Luca and EII both seem to have a history of being tight lipped I jsut want y'all to know it's actually not the normal way of doing business.

When they include lawyers, company trade secrets (i.e. copyrighted info or trademarks) or information pertaining to "insider trading" they are secret.

Thread Information