Thread: Communication

Default Communication

With any relationship communication is the key. The community of players and the former owners had decent communication between the two. The current owners, IMO, need to work towards the same type of communication with the players. If there is no communication, then there will be no relationship.

I can tell you, first hand, how the lack of communication will be damaging to our relationship. My fiance and I have been together for 12 years. We are FINALLY getting married this Saturday. I have not always been the easiest person to talk to. I basicly wouldn't talk at all. If there was a problem, my solution was silence. You can probably guess how that worked out. My fiance eventually started picking fights with me just to get a reaction out of me that would lead to any type of communication. This worked to some extent. But over time I found that it was much easier to just talk, rather than wait till things escalated to a confrontation.

My point is 5 minutes of posting an official response to hot topics will reduce the chances that those hot issues lead to a full blown confrontation. There are several issues that are very important to the community at large. The ones off the top of my head are the future of Unity, future developement of game content, and billing. Even if the answers are as simple as "we are negotiating with GN", or "we currently do not have staff to do development but will add staff in the near future". Or even "we don't know at this time" Even an "I don't know" is better than silence.

I would suggest the creation of an Official Response section under the announcements. This way whoever happens to be addressing whatever issue can put it front and center for all to see. Easy to find and not burried on page 4 of a 18 page thread. This will go a long way toward mending our current relationship problems and building a stronger one for the future.

DhaVol

I agree that official interim posts to calm folks while an issue is still being worked would go a long way to helping build a better relationship between us players and EI.

And congratulations Dha'Vol !

I completely agree with you 100%.

Not only does EI need to communicate with the players on the forums, they need to put a person, Customer Rep type, in front doing the communications. Someone the players can relate to and send issues to.

From our point of view, this person would be the face of EI.

Ah, but these issues have been brought forth many times by many players and we haven't even gotten a response that this is planned or not.

Hi All,

We are currently working on such a person Sledge99 .

(on a side note) Maintenance is going great!

Best,
    WM DarkEnigmaa

I think this is an excellent idea, and I'm glad that someone else does as well. *points to DarkEnigma*

Just as Awdz said congrats Dha'Vol!

Kallis

Is there any news or information you can share about any upcoming updates or fixes?

More post saying you are doing somthing would go a long way. Does not have to be exactly what your doing just that your doing something. Oh and thanks for this. Almost forgot that part. /9->

(People seem to have missed the most important bit of information...)

CONGRATZ ON GETTING MARRIED, DhaVol !!!

May you have a wonderful wedding and lots and lots of great (and communicative) years together

*drags a large sack of rice to be ready to get into some throwing action*
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Dravatar

DHaVol,

As a veteran of 28 wonderful years of marriage I offer my sincere and heartfelt condol..err Congratulations!!!!

And thanks for the update Dark. Good to hear it!

A 12-year engagement... it gives me hope!

Congratulations and I wish you all the joy, love and hope one could possibly achieve!
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Thanks for the response, Dark.

That is all we are asking for.

Solving the communications issue will go such a long way for the player community to heal and get behind EI.

Thank you all for the congratulations.

Dark, glad to see that there will be a person who will be responsible for passing along the info. Thank you for letting us know.

congratulations Dha'Vol

I am coming up to 6 years married now (to another gamer, yay!!) and never regretted one moment of it. I hope you and your wife will have a wonderful life together
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Thread Information