Thread: Dear gods AE could screw up a wet dream

Nawa

Default Dear gods AE could screw up a wet dream

I looked, there's no rants board any more. So I'm sure this will get deleted in about 10 seconds flat but I'm pissed off enough that I needed to flame, so here goes.

AE seem to have a congenital inability to learn from mistakes.

Mistake #1: putting in new things without fixing bugs, leaving people frustrated.
    Mistake #2: putting in things that are half completed and thus frustrating people who can't complete.
    Mistake #3: forcing server-wide "participation" (victimization would be a better word) in "events" - and I use the word extremely loosely here because yes technically a fire ant in your shorts is an "event" but I've yet to meet anyone who would pay money for that.
    Mistake #4: making the game less fun for people

So let's take it one step at a time. First there's this F-awful plague. You have hundreds of posts on why it's a stupid idea; I won't repeat all of that. I just want to point out that you've committed mistakes 1, 2, 3 AND 4 again. Yes, again, so often I've really lost count. Every one of these mistakes has been made repeatedly in the past year and each time we get promised that it won't happen again. So let's see - screw every crafter in game, make every town annoying to be in, provide no cure or way to finish the event... yes, I'm sure that'll be good for the player base. Remind me... how much longer 'till WoW comes out? Is it really your goal to run this game into the ground because that's what seems to be on your minds.

Second, there's the wisp poop. This has to be the lamest excuse for a fix I've seen in the year-plus I've been playing, and I'm not even talking about the missing models. It's a conceptually interesting idea implemented in a way that shows essentially no thought was expended. Prior to the patch, 6-8 bright wisps outside Fela. Now we have 1-3 wisps and maybe one poop. Hint: if you take out the wisps, they don't poop, ferchrissakes. Oh, but this saves wear and tear on the game engine we're told. In other words, instead of fixing the broken engine so it could handle a few dozen more mobs, we get this severely broken hack.

I give up, I really do. I'll log in to hand stuff off to guildies and see if this annoying sh*t is over with. But I'll be spending my play time and dollars on other games.

Gerell

Default Re: Dear gods AE could screw up a wet dream

Can't say I blame or disagree with you.

?
    I had a good time last night logging in after patch. I didn't notice anything amiss, and only crashed once (when Horizons finally ate the last of my memory).

Well you are essentially correct in all your statements.

People can debate you and disagree with you all they like. Fact of the matter is the game is doing so poorly that its original namesake is soon to be chapter 7. With a new name and the same people continuing on fresh with no debts. This is some howgoing to solve the underlying issues ? the same problems that brought the game to this mess are still very much there. If those are not addressed and solved this game won't make it another year garanteed. The fact is the majority of people who have played the game agreed with you as well but has less tolerance for such poor performance and they left by the tens of thousands. That FACT alone speaks volumes and is proof enough.

But at least I can see now they are trying and I'm going to say something thats going to get the local fanboi populace in an uproar. From December to July AE did absolutely nothing with the game. The only major improvement they made was ROP and that WAS only because the dragon community was in literal revolt and AE had a crisis on their hands. Other than that the patches from December to July were inconsequential and showed no promise of further improvement. August and September we saw some real effort but alas Im sorry to say it was too little to late and MORE importantly NOT enough time to effectively pull off the changes they wanted to incorporate.

So they are trying NOW but the game was already broken and they are trying to add new content without fixing the underlying problems with the very engine and database itself. Which gets them further in the hole because these massive changes further break the game. What they really need is an infusion of a couple million and they need to put the game back into beta. But that isn't going to happen cause I know for a fact Tulga Games doesn't have anywhere near that kind of capital.

Anyway the show continues and Tulga Games is slowly running out of time with major playerbase sucking releases on the way. ( WoW warlock and alchemist here I come :P ).

So for the people that continue to play and enjoy the game I hope HZ manages to continue. But it won't unless Tulga Games addresses the problems that got AE here in the first place.

Flame me all you like but I speak only the truth. Perhaps if the truth was admitted to early on we wouldnt be here now and we would be repellling the WA from our outposts and cities.

You're right. December to July VERY LITTLE was done to improve the issues with the game, and as angry about it as I am as well as most are, nothing can change that.[:@]

I appreciate the fact that they are trying much harder now, too little/to late is a bit hard to recover from, but they do seem like they're giving it a go.[:D]

It would be nice for them to ask their more saavy fans for technical ideas, to help them improve the game, but perhaps that wouldn't considered professional. I for one would LOVE to have some of the source code.

Aside from the usual Dave Allen rant/hijack, I can't think of a single arguement or anything constructive to add against anything that you're saying here.[:#]

********.[8-)]

Quote Originally Posted by Enos Yorl
    ?
    I had a good time last night logging in after patch. I didn't notice anything amiss, and only crashed once (when Horizons finally ate the last of my memory).
    you need to share some of that crack, cause it must be some damm good sheet!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawa
    I looked, there's no rants board any more. So I'm sure this will get deleted in about 10 seconds flat but I'm pissed off enough that I needed to flame, so here goes.

AE seem to have a congenital inability to learn from mistakes.

Mistake #1: putting in new things without fixing bugs, leaving people frustrated.
    Mistake #2: putting in things that are half completed and thus frustrating people who can't complete.
    Mistake #3: forcing server-wide "participation" (victimization would be a better word) in "events" - and I use the word extremely loosely here because yes technically a fire ant in your shorts is an "event" but I've yet to meet anyone who would pay money for that.
    Mistake #4: making the game less fun for people

So let's take it one step at a time. First there's this F-awful plague. You have hundreds of posts on why it's a stupid idea; I won't repeat all of that. I just want to point out that you've committed mistakes 1, 2, 3 AND 4 again. Yes, again, so often I've really lost count. Every one of these mistakes has been made repeatedly in the past year and each time we get promised that it won't happen again. So let's see - screw every crafter in game, make every town annoying to be in, provide no cure or way to finish the event... yes, I'm sure that'll be good for the player base. Remind me... how much longer 'till WoW comes out? Is it really your goal to run this game into the ground because that's what seems to be on your minds.

Second, there's the wisp poop. This has to be the lamest excuse for a fix I've seen in the year-plus I've been playing, and I'm not even talking about the missing models. It's a conceptually interesting idea implemented in a way that shows essentially no thought was expended. Prior to the patch, 6-8 bright wisps outside Fela. Now we have 1-3 wisps and maybe one poop. Hint: if you take out the wisps, they don't poop, ferchrissakes. Oh, but this saves wear and tear on the game engine we're told. In other words, instead of fixing the broken engine so it could handle a few dozen more mobs, we get this severely broken hack.

I give up, I really do. I'll log in to hand stuff off to guildies and see if this annoying sh*t is over with. But I'll be spending my play time and dollars on other games.
    Ok no problem if you don`t like Horizons. But there are also some things in you post which are not acceptable and if you already gave up ... I wish you fun in WoW

So ---closed---
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Thread Information