Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos
    I am afraid that you don't quite know the full story mate......check the forums on gamersinfo.net.
    I read it, and it doesn't make me think any more of him. Peaches was always a kind, sensitive person. To just 'randomly choose' to blast her to meet his ends was still hugely uncalled for.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

I believe that the little rodent chose the most vulnerable mod purposefully, for maximum effect. He could have asked to be delisted, as he said his purpose was, but chose not to.

I won't miss him.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Peaches, you're doing a fine job!

Don't let an idiot, who might as well have decided to post nude pictures of himself to get banned (nahh.. better not *shudders*) let you down.

It is obvious that you were made a target through no fault of your own.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

*shrugs* surrounded.....

surrounded by ostriches......
    then take your self-righteous indignation and leave.
    No one will miss you or the other trolls.

Dont let the door hit you in the arse, MATE.
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    then take your self-righteous indignation and leave.
    No one will miss you or the other trolls.

Dont let the door hit you in the arse, MATE.
    And allow me to apply a swift kick to said arse to speed that exit.

Peaches is by far the most fair minded moderator we have ever had. She actually takes the time to consider the opinions of posters before moderating. She will give everyone a fair shake and try to do her job at the same time. If anyone wants to slam dunk her for this I suggest they consider doing what she does themselves. I couldnt imagine having that responsibility. I support Peaches 110%.

To whomever it was that issued the threat: Threaten me! I fight back. And I fight dirty.

Sorry for disjointed nature of this reply. I'm just a tad bit hot under the collar at the moment
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    To whomever it was that issued the threat: Threaten me! I fight back. And I fight dirty.
    Heh. Echoed my sentiments perfectly, Kwinn ol' Boy.
    Got Cowbell?

Peaches comes off as a sensitive and caring individual, most unfortunate indeed, since that makes her a target for trolls. I actually find Peaches postings to take the objective viewpoint, I hope you continue your efforts as such.

Duergos, there is a time and place for every battle, but every thread need not be a battle.

I am afraid that you don't quite know the full story mate......check the forums on gamersinfo.net.
    And to add, our banned friend clearly states on those forums you mention that he intended to send a threat because it was the "loophole" he was looking for to get his account banned. So, in his own explanation, he sees the "No death threats" rule and decides to break it, if we are to believe him, to get his account banned since he can't get it cancelled at the moment. In the same thread he states that it wasn't a death threat.

That's what I'd call talking out of either side of your mouth. "I threatened you for a reason that didn't have anything to do with being threatening, so it wasn't really a threat."

I have zero sympathy. You couldn't pay me $15 a month to threaten someone, especially someone nice.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

I still love ya Peaches!

---Your Friendly Apia Neighborhood Dragon and Half-Giant Dorf Trapped In A Saris
    Maneso - The ONLY Half-Giant Dwarven Saris on Order (semi-retired)
    Keltchamn - The Glorious Goddess of Gold

Once again...

I also love peaches!! She does a great job and you will never hear me say otherwise. But people, please please get your facts straight before you slam people that have a more realistic point of view. Go to gamersinfo.net. Go to the VN Boards, go to IRC, get your facts straight. Educate yourselves and then you can form your own opinions. Dont be a bunch of lemmings.

WHat was said to peaches while inappropriate and RUDE, was imply not a threat. It has been overblown to the nth degree.

Once again...

I also love peaches!! She does a great job and you will never hear me say otherwise. But people, please please get your facts straight before you slam people that have a more realistic point of view. Go to gamersinfo.net. Go to the VN Boards, go to IRC, get your facts straight. Educate yourselves and then you can form your own opinions. Dont be a bunch of lemmings.

WHat was said to peaches while inappropriate and RUDE, was imply not a threat. It has been overblown to the nth degree.
    I believe I just did that very thing in my above post. With which part do you disagree? He stated quite clearly that he intended to send a threat in order to get his account banned. You clearly are not following your own advice.

It is not overblown, you are having trouble understanding the facts of the matter, or their import.

He did not say he intended to send a threat. What he sent was not a threat at all. He meant to violate the rules to get banned. Which he did. But "I hope you die a horrible death" is simply not a threat.

If you think it is, please go back to your local junior college and enroll in English 101.

Let's follow the logic.

Our friend's explanation:
    I was looking for a way to cancel my account.
    I saw the "No Death Threats" rule and the corresponding punishment of banning.
    I had a bright unfortunate idea.
    I sent a one liner to get my account banned.

Come on, Duergos, make the leap!

Either he sent the message to get banned or he didn't. He says that was his intent. The only way it would get him banned is if it was a threat. Therefore, he intended to send a threat.

What may be confusing you is that he has both stated that he intended to send a threat, and in other places that he didn't. Please examine his English yourself and reconcile it. He did what most people do when they get caught up in making a horrible mistake. They wiggle and worm and equivocate.

Anyway,

I am bored with this. It is not profitable or beneficial in any way to continue the discussion. Lets take the thread back to its intended purpose!!

Peaches, you ROCK Seriously you do a great job and I do appreciate it.

Just to be simple, and quite straight forward... This thread is NOT where this should be happening. If you want to whine and complain about who said what and facts and what have you.... go here please. This thread was originally started to say we love peaches and we appreciate her amung many other things.

That fight doesn't belong here. Stop pushing a subject in a thread not meant for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin
    Just to be simple, and quite straight forward... This thread is NOT where this should be happening. If you want to whine and complain about who said what and facts and what have you.... go here please. This thread was originally started to say we love peaches and we appreciate her amung many other things.

That fight doesn't belong here. Stop pushing a subject in a thread not meant for that.
    Were you like one post late there Chioxin?

*shrugs* OK. I don't really understand your viewpoint on this one, and I found it odd since I've mostly agreed with many of your other posts.

---clean break, boxers, back to your corners...---

Peaches, you ROCK!

Were you like one post late there Chioxin?
    I was actually.. *Cries* that post wasn't there when I said what I said...

*drops his head, sags his wings*

Sowwy.

Default Thank you all

for your wonderful posts.

Very much!

From one mod to another... you are doing just fine
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information