Thread: Quotes .. a view about it

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    I love been able to use the quote option, it allow me to to easily refence something in my post. Or at least it permit the reader to quickly make a link to what I'm speaking about.

The thing I don't understand is when people quote the complete message, and don't edit them. Makes me wonder why the people don't edit their quote so I can easily see the topic they supporting or expending or contradicting.

Okay it could be apersonnal thing, when I see a full text I dipise search trugh it for what is pertinant to the writer "speech".

Personnally 2-3 lines or a paragraph suffice as a prelude to someone reply, but a complete post... come on, is it necessary. It lengthen the thread for nothing and not sure you get the best punch of the fact of quoting.

Sorry my rembling, just a tough I wanted to share, if it could help others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    I agree completely
    How about quotes in quotes?

Seriously, sometimes I want to address the whole thing, sometimes one poriton. Mabe that's not what you are talking about though?

I have posted threads where I have been chastised for only quoting a small section of a post... for taking things out of context or "not reading thoroughly"... Which, in my opinion was not true and was just a reason to create another flame fest...

so, I now quote the entire thing, or nothing at all, so that I don't get further commentary about such things

<waits for the smell of burning ... again>
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Thread Information