Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will we be able to cancel our accounts?

Default When will we be able to cancel our accounts?

I've been trying to cancel my accounts for 5 days now and still can't. I've put in a ticket and NO response, apparently it hasn't even been assigned to anyone yet! There has been nothing of any value posted to these boards by those responsible and apparently their customer service folks are having a very, very long lunch or perhaps are too busy doing something else to be bothered with customer service!

While I understand that EI or EII (or whatever they are calling themselves) have created a few problems for themselves with billing, etc, etc that is THEIR problem and NO excuse for not providing a mechanism that enables a subscriber to cancel their account(s).

So, when can I expect to be able to cancel my accounts?

I understand that you DOODs want to own/publish everyones games but please, I want out now...at least that way I can enjoy your taking over the gaming universe from a safe distance!

Darksun

Well, there was an explanation from EI. Not sure where it is now (I couldn't get the link to work). Looks like the mods didn't want Dr. Rask's reply on the forums.

----

Dravatar
    Forum Moderator

"This may shed some light on the billing concerns. Check out post#9 in this thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...869#post139869."

Also:

Dravatar
    Forum Moderator

"In regards to billing issues, Dr. Rask has given us a bit more information here in post#9 of http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15011. He mentions a new email address that will be created to help us resolve them."

----

However, if you look at Dr. Rask's profile, he has only posted twice (presumably his latest post was actually deleted. Oh well. He really did post something about it......).

As it is now, Dr. Raymond C. Rask, President & CTO - E I Interactive, last posted on July 25. Coincidentally, that post (which has not been deleted yet) referred to billing issues. The deleted post would have shed some light on your current situation. Sadly, the July 25th post does not. Or at least not as much light.

----

rcrask
    RE: Restarting Pay-by-Touch Accounts

Thank you for the post, and thank you Peaches for your continued work in forums assistance.

First of all, no subscription account is ever deleted from the Horizons database. Rest assured that your characters and all other account assets remain, regardless of the status of your account.

Second, we are working with the billing provider to find out why they are giving account holders the wrong information.

Third, if in fact there is some issue in the interface with pay-by-touch that would result in a problem with restarting a current account, we will resolve it, even if it means we need to re-enable the account manually.

Thanks,

Raymond Rask
    E I Interactive

----

Given that Dr. Rask's most recent post was deleted, perhaps he can shed some more light on the issue?
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

Well a whole new error when you go to cancel...
    Error Recieved:
    MRC:1
    RESPONSE:TRANS NOT FOUND

Has there been anything new said about this?

Darksun

I can only go by memory on that one, but basically the gist of it was....
    'we're aware of the problem, we're working diligently to find a solution, it will take a few days, if during that time you are billed because you weren't able to cancel -- you will be refunded, sincere apologies for the inconvenience we know it's a pain.'

Until the problem's solved, I don't know what else they can say.
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

Default Yes Indeed

They are working to correct this issue.

I went through this similarily with NCSoft over one of their games, I cancelled the account for 3 months in a row, only to see it continue posting charges and finished with disputing the charge, and getting a new card issued.

Currently, I noticed my trial status has gone to active subscription, and when I tried to cancel, I also receive the same error. I know Trial was supposed to go to live unless you cancel, but the August 1st debacle confused that issue for me.

I'll grant them this months sub, since I failed through my own misunderstanding, not any fault of their own, but I have already notified my cards customer support that the account is cancelled and to refuse further charges on the next cycle.

I really like this community, I liked what the game is capable of, and I honestly would like EI to take an honest run at the game's continual development. But, that said, I have zero tolerance for "billing" issues and the frustrations associated to them.

So good luck gang, I hope it all comes together, there are so few "original" products on the MMORPG market these days.

Shadestrike

I have been trying to cancel my account for days and the fee hit it today and caused an overdraft with my bank. This is so unacceptable, its down right illegal. I have a fiance and a baby to take care of and this type of service is unethical;
    Furthermore: I signed up on the military program, of which i was accepted and ive been to iraq twice. Thanks alot for supporting your troops!

Check your PMs Shadestrike

Could I get a PM as well Nayal? Need to know what the heck is going on. Going to have to sick the attorney general on these guys if thye dont get the cancellation working by Monday.

Shadestrike

Agreed, if this issue is not fixed and I am refunded or at least contacted by monday, i will definately pursue legal actions. Imagine if you will:
    Game company versus tons of people, one of which is highlighted as a two time Iraq Veteran with alot of decorations, a near hero if you will. It...doesnt look pretty.

Dravatar

Each of us must pursue the actions we feel we must based on our personal patience levels. I fault no one for that.

I, too, hope these billing problems become quickly fixed. I think everyone wants that.

Shadestrike

Patience is one thing, believe that being on the other side of the world in 135 degree weather for almost 2 years breeds patience in a man; However, I can not see how this is tolerable. I have a fiance and a baby on the way. I had my checkbook completely balanced and then BAM charge for horizons and it tipped my money over the scale. Now i have a 36 dollar overdraft fee I have to pay out of my own pocket.

This isn't just wrong, it is unethical and demands justice. Believe that justice will come to fruition.

I just discovered I was billed for 7 accounts. Now, I did have 7 accts under the management of Tulga - but that agreement was voided by EII, then recinded, then reinstated...umm yeah, I think that's right.

When dealing in monetary transactions, its usually customary that both sides enter into the agreement willingly. I've not been able to cancel any accounts from the accounts management page for a few days now... Also, when viewing my active accounts it shows none! So, how did I enter into this monetary transaction willingly?

Is it legal to NOT allow people to cancel/manage their accounts and then bill them? I'm just curious, if this is being done manually - did anyone think to send me an email asking if I wanted to be billed on Aug 9th for 2 credit card transactions, then again on Aug 10 for 4 credit card transactions and then finally again on Aug 11th for a single credit card transaction? These aren't debit cards - these are credit cards, so I have some legal recourse unless I get some answers from EI about this.

Thanks,

Bulgrim StoneCleaver

Paying Customer Since Day 1.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

There really are two important legal issues here.

First off they advertise a free 14 day trial and I was charged immediately. This was due to a known issue and even though we were charged immediately and they knew this would continue to happen as others signed up, they kept the 14 day free trial offer up and running. This is not legal as it is truly blatant false advertising. The link should have been turned off immediately until the solution was found and the problem was corrected. Saying we are working on it is fine but not for over 6 months.

The second issue is you can not prevent a customer from canceling their account. If you don't give them at least one viable option and then turn around and charge their card (often times causing fees) you are wronging them and damaging your already fragile reputation.

Now when you do this online you are potentially going across state lines so this can cause even more greif for your organization. This is in addition to all the free publicity you will get from your now angry potential and core customer base. I can understand not wanting to have the forum filled with angry comments but to take Ophelea (one of the most loved figures on the forum and helpful to the end) and simply erasing her is not the answer. Instead eliminating anyone with a comment you don't like, why not address the issues that are making your paying customers angry.

What do you get when you start out with one of the tightest communities in the entire MMO world then in the span of just a few week mess with their game, cost them money and fees and then keep them virtually in the dark on what is going on while remaining almost unable to be contacted. You get what is going on now with the game. This awesome group of die hard fans of your game spend their time wondering if their personal information has been comprimised, if their going to be able to renew their accounts before losing in game plots, will they be able to cancel the account that is currently overdrawing the account that meets their bills, etc. Please wake up and take charge of what is going on in your organization.

When your customers are making threats against the moderators who are volunteers themselves you may want to find out why folks are getting so angry. Saying the forums will be closed down if anyone else steps out of line will not prevent your hard core base from discussing the real issues here.

In a mature and competitive market like MMORPGs you have to listen to your customers and at the very least express an interest in meeting their needs if your game is going to survive.

Actually, doesn't what is going on with the billing system constitute "wire fraud"? Any of our lawyers want to comment on this? Also, if its across state lines...doesn't that then make it a federal crime and require involvement of the FBI? I really wish EII would comment on this or take some actions. This "new" system went into effect Aug 4th - my charges occured on the 9th, 10th and 11th - I'm not disputing the charges as of yet, I just want some complete/definative answers (who, what, when, how etc).

I'm not making threats here, I'm asking some very specific questions as a consumer and COSTUMER of this service. Here's hoping we hear something tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver

I'm not making threats here, I'm asking some very specific questions as a consumer and COSTUMER of this service. Here's hoping we hear something tomorrow.
    I'm 110% with you on this one Bulgrim, but that's one of the funniest mistypes I've seen in a long time! If only you had slipped twice and typed "Here's hoping we wear something tomorrow."
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

now, I'm waiting to see what happens with my account. My billing runs out on the 17th, and I HAVEN'T supplied my credit (actually debit ) card details since the takeover. And I won't, until this billing issue has been sorted out.

I am curious to see if they are able to bill me anyway... if they do, they will be breaking some sort of law, I'm sure, as I have certainly not give EII permission to take any money from me.

not sure us UK (or other Euro) players will have the same recourse as the NA players.. but let's just see what happens, eh?
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire
    I'm 110% with you on this one Bulgrim, but that's one of the funniest mistypes I've seen in a long time! If only you had slipped twice and typed "Here's hoping we wear something tomorrow."
    I'm a horrible typist and suffer from the crutch called: "Spellcheck" - why you won't see me going after anyone else's skills in those departments. I'll admit I'm terrible.

I think the autobilling will go to TG, I don't think the account management as it exists is set up to go to EI, which is why they attempted to implement paypal as a quick alternative.

Shadowman

Default Need help as well cancelling my account

For some reason, I cannot even access my account with my CC information to cancel my account. The page says that there is no credit on record for some reason, yet my card is getting charged. I have no recourse for cancelling my account and if this continues, there are legal steps I can take. I have already talked to some people and will only wait a couple more days for resolution on this matter before I take this matter to the authorities and bring up charges of credit card fraud.

Thread Information