Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An open offer to Purchase Horizons

Personally I don't beleave EI is going to sell the game at all considering how much prophet of money they are making for people who couldn't cancel their own accounts I'd say they wouldn't give that chance even if DB wanted to buy this game back.. Personally the game is dieing we should expet what is best and proper action towards the game and move forward as it is now. WE can't do anything at this time till we hear from EI ( If ever) To see what their next step is going to make. I"m not saying that Duergos is telling stories or not nor do I beleave that DB would be offered for the amout that he suggested, but personally I don't beleave EI will sell. So really this is a dead thread. Best to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos
    Actually ,

David made an offer to buy the game. He even offered more than EI paid. However because of a poor relationship between Chris Baker and DB....Chris was hell bent on DB not having the game.

Again, people spewing forth without being privy to the facts at hand.....
    And you have said facts? Please, by means O Guru of All Information let us be witness to your wealth of knowledge and let us see your sources while you're at it
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Sigh.....

Again, it is very hard to soar with the eagles whilst surrounded by turkeys.....

I leave the thread to the rabid hyenas....I have no more time to waste.

Good

should I add 'riddance' too?
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    That is rather much my point, Bulgrim. The shoe being on the other foot, I was truly wondering how the people screaming at EI for these "standards" immediately would respond to the same demands were they to purchase Horizons . . . .
    Well, atm, I would be happy with the option to modify my accounts... the previous management allowed me to do that.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

haha, I dunno if you can quite sell something like this on EBay I could wrong though.

Although buying the game might not fix ne thing, dunno. Doubt that EI will sell it back to anyone though
    Lasivar -- Ancient Lunus Dragon -- 100 Dragon Adventure -- 32 Dragon Craft -- 12 Dragon Lairshaper -- proud guildie of "The Alliance" -- Chaos RETIRED

Yeah, by the way, I CAN'T SPELL

Quote Originally Posted by Sephix Runus
    Personally I don't beleave EI is going to sell the game at all considering how much prophet of money they are making for people who couldn't cancel their own accounts I'd say they wouldn't give that chance even if DB wanted to buy this game back..
    Profit?

How many people are on monthly subscriptions versus 3-, 6-month or annual? Of those monthly subscriptions, what number have attempted to cancel and been unable?

I am amazed at the number of individuals that believe that Horizons is a HUGE profit making machine, and that the number of $12.95/month subscriptions is making people rich, fat and happy.

Point: EI is making $0 off the multi-month/annual subscriptions, and won't see a dime until those subscriptions come up for renewal (and renew). They still have to bear the operating costs of said subscribers.

I very much doubt that EI is even getting any $$ off those individuals that have attempted to cancel and have not been able to. They've stated that they are crediting these individuals their money back, which means that even if you factor in interest on the time that EI has those monies in the bank, you're looking at halfpennies in interest gains, at the most.

People need to take some classes or instruction in basic economics and business. Has anyone even seen Horizon's profit and loss statements?

I'm pretty sure CP Baker wouldn't have unloaded Horizons in the first place if it was the huge cash generator some people have accused it of being.

The scarry thing about this is if the game was that easy to buy, there is less at stake for the company that bought it. This means that the less they spent on it, it's possible that they are not that serious about developing it and making it a worth while world. This is not a sure thing, but worrysome.

Honestly, you guys are putting way too much credence in
    what should be viewed as nothing more than a sarcastic
    joke. Why expend any energy worrying about something
    that has zero chance of occurring? This is ridiculous.
    Got Cowbell?

Well you never know, and I was just referring to the price that supposedly was offered for the excange between EI and TG.

heh now thats a funny offer

I"m not commenting among the facts here.. Though of you that know whats going on I"m sure there shouldn't be more said. I've stated my oppion and thats all I have to say.

If you bothered to read the offer that I made, I made it clear that my intent would be to get the game back in the hands of David Bowman. I have no delusions that I know how to run a game. I just want to assist in getting it back in to the hands of someone who does, for the good of the community.

Read!!! Reading is your friend!! Get your facts straight...then post!! Sheesh
    Thats exactly what frightens me. I have never met DB, but from what I've read in the forums these past weeks whether he is such a boon to the game is not an incontroversial issue.

I would rather have someone buy a game to give it to the best person suited for the job and that means going through a fair hiring and evaluaating process with many potential applicants. If it turns out that DB was really best suited to do it, fine with me -- but only after checking if there aren't other people in the market who'd be even better.

Everything else is bad business practice.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Hmm wondering that this thread is still open.....

If the original poster was serious, he would make his offer to EI Interactive through official channels. No company is going to take an offer like this on the game forums seriously. And the original poster's explanation that he could find no official channels is not credible.

Incidentally, official channels probably means hiring an attorney who specializes in corporate transfers. Locating the contact information for EI Interactive - if necessary from the local Secretary of State's Office, etc.

The fact that the original poster says he did not attempt to make an offer through any channels other than this forum strongly suggests that he does not know what he is talking about and most likely does not have any cash to spend to buy the game.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus
    Just to clarify Khosadan:

There is no official means to communicate with them.. The phone numbers for EII all go to dead mailboxes or a full voicemail and the emails for the people I tried dont work (or they are full).

But yes I know what you are gettign at =) Game forums are probably not the best place to solicit the sale of an MMO franchise
    Actually, Spartikus, with some looking you can find phone numbers and actually get EI personnel on the phone... I've done it.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Dravatar

My take on this thread was it really did no harm as speculation, but since it continues to create personal attacks and cause finger-pointing due to speculation, it is now locked.

I apologize for any inconvience this causes you.

Thanks

Thread Information