Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any news?

One has to realize that it was a GM doing such things I think. Don't assume GM's are capable of doing all the code work needed for confectioner or bug fix things. They may not know a thing other than people skills and how to entertain the customers. That's their job after all, or fix in game issues they can easily handle with a /set gold X or /teleport X to XYZ. That and report bugs as players run into them on live servers or deal with "He said I did," and "Their lying because he did this and I said that" situations.

It's good to see the GM's playing with the tools. I hope they can run events for us soon! Have some WA raids on a wide scale rather than one city. That could help the lag if it divides our forces up.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    Be happy that you got a event, Unity hasn't seen a WM for ages...
    That's exactly why I had said its better than nothing. I know there are quite a few games out there where the companies who run them either don't have WMs or don't have them take part in seeing that the game stays somewhat interesting.

It was fun, and that is the bottom line of it. So I'll give a pat on the back where its due, and not complain or critisize where its not. Patience is a virtue, not a requirement. But nothing that was ever gotten which was worth it, was ever rushed with impatience.

If we get events again, which I hope we do, then we do. If not, we don't. Its not the end of my life. Its not nothing, if its created something. That something was fun.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Sometimes I wish I kept my big mouth shut. It was FUN plain and simple, F U N ! ! I want more, wish more of you all were there... no it is not the confectioners update, no it is not the agro fix , but it was fun. And bottom line this is a game... and games should be fun YES?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir
    Sometimes I wish I kept my big mouth shut. It was FUN plain and simple, F U N ! ! I want more, wish more of you all were there... no it is not the confectioners update, no it is not the agro fix , but it was fun. And bottom line this is a game... and games should be fun YES?
    Hehe I don't think we're poking at that. There was a comment made stating "Ogres are not an event. And they are not new quests or lands or confectioner." I think that's what everyone is poking at... Not what you said =)

I agree, FUN is all that matters imo. Players obviously have different views as to what constitutes FUN. So, as long as your having fun, that is all that really matters.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin
    Hehe I don't think we're poking at that. There was a comment made stating "Ogres are not an event. And they are not new quests or lands or confectioner." I think that's what everyone is poking at... Not what you said =)
    Exactly.

*pokes at an ogre and promptly gets whomped*
    *recalls*
    *splashes about in the toku pond then heads back out for more*

Default Fun is good.

Yes, games should be fun. The only problem I had with it was that it was for the higher level adventurers again. Those of us with ratings under 50 stood no chance. I just hope Dark Enigma pays attention to all of us low-level adventurers. We like to have fun, too!

For one event that I know of, higher level players were tp'd out of the event region; the lower level players had a ball. I don't know why it was never (?) done again, as it was a great success.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    For one event that I know of, higher level players were tp'd out of the event region; the lower level players had a ball. I don't know why it was never (?) done again, as it was a great success.
    I would love something like that, and I know I can't be the only one who would.

I only agree with that kind of action on order if there is a story behind why the higher level charactors were TPd out, which would have to be interesting. You people over on chaos can have whatever you like, but there is... or should be... a reason for everything on order.

Thread Information