Thread: Please welcome aboard our newest moderator

Default Please welcome aboard our newest moderator

BKBanzai, I welcome you aboard as our newest volunteer moderator! Good luck!

Anima

Default Mmm... fresh meat.

<waves!>

BKBanzai, Welcome aboard!

<waves!>

Dravatar

Welcome BkBanzai! The best of luck and success to you in helping our community.

Congratz BKBanzai, I hope your service is a positive one and I'm sure you will learn alot from this experience.

Jayne

welcome and best of luck
    Got Cowbell?

May numerous past transgressions evade thy benighted chieftains.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Cheers BK!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thanks everyone

Way to go BK!

I've notice your even-keeled comments amongst all the uproar recently, and believe you'll do a wonderful job! I'm not just saying this so Peaches can spend more time in game with us.. really!

Enjoy!

-Finn's Player

Quote Originally Posted by Finn of Spirit
    Way to go BK!

I've notice your even-keeled comments amongst all the uproar recently, and believe you'll do a wonderful job!
    I do not share your optimistic appraissal of the situation.

Hey BK, congrats on the promotion. You did get your complimentary set of flame retardant clothing right?

A hearty round of applause is in order, I think. Just like Finn, I too have noticed BKB's comments amongst the recent uproar (if only in sense of having gotten one of them moderated). Further, it is my unvawering belief that EII fully deserves BKB's contributions to this forum. Doubtlessly they will be able to develope an excellent working relationship. Thus... *clap clap clap*

Ahem. The task set for a forum moderator is a tough one. One's actions do not only reflect upon one's self - as on a 'usual' forum user - but on one's peers and superiors as well. It is a delicate balancing job where one needs to take a strictly neutral stance and apply common sense and calm thought upon every single decision made. Ultimately, no matter what a mod does, you will get flamed, so a thick skin is also a necessity. With rational, coolly made actions one can become a successful moderator.

Which is why I have always turned down job offers to moderate, wherever they might've been given to me.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Silsarik Dracoen
    Hey BK, congrats on the promotion. You did get your complimentary set of flame retardant clothing right?
    Is it radiation proof too?

Well... I see that the one who has been trying to get onto the Teachers Pet list for some time now has finally done it. Have fun as this will likely be my last post as I dont wholly agree with this decision...

Its funny how people act nice to get the attention of the new person in charge.

And yes I completely expect that this post will get modded because of disagreement...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Tempers do run high sometimes in this community, so I hope you'll realize that some of the flame is usually due to the poster's deep involvement in the game.

Good luck, bonne chance, alles Gute
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Dravatar

Being a moderator doesn't mean you cannot have opinions or state them. We're human, we have bias. It's impossible not to.

You must differentiate between the mod and the player. They are two distinct mindsets. Anyone who wishes to try deserves that chance.

I would think that fairness goes both ways. If you want fair moderators, would it make sense you give them a fair chance?

Oh my, a new mod, his name containing the suicidal Warcry of japanese WWII-soldiers ...

Now we are all doomed!

Grats to your "Promotion" - BKB.

Thank for the time your willing to give to the communauty. Have fun.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    Oh my, a new mod, his name containing the suicidal Warcry of japanese WWII-soldiers ...

Now we are all doomed!
    I've used this name for longer than...hmnn, not going to go there. I used to play Red Baron on TSN/Imagination Network. The BK was the squad designation. WWI planes instead of WWII, but it seemed to fit

Thread Information