Thread: dissappearing water

Goatboy

Question dissappearing water

For some reason I have had lakes and oceans dissappear for several minutes. The fish were there swimming in the air and the water golems were walking around but no water showed. When I was walking where the water should be I never got a breath remaining bar and though I was walking around in the ocean for nearly 15 minutes the bar still didn't come up. So I thought Hmmmm........someone will want to know about this.......so here it is. Thanks for your time. Also feel free to take your time fixing it other people may prate about unreality and so on, but I'm rather fond of fishing without drowning.... :-)

I would guess this happens because your view distance settings are really low. I often have large swaths of water not appear untill I'm right on top of them. Unfortunately the engine doesn't seem to cover all of the "unspawned" water with fog like it should in my opinion.

This is a known bug from the last patch, when Tulga was still in charge. Before the patch water was a little slow to load sometimes but it wasn't anywhere near this bad.

Nowadays, water sometimes never loads, fish swim around in the air, sometimes you can walk out on the seabed and be ok, sometimes the water will load and make you drown in the middle of nowhere.

Default Missing Water

[QUOTE=Tsarevna]This is a known bug from the last patch, when Tulga was still in charge. Before the patch water was a little slow to load sometimes but it wasn't anywhere near this bad.

Clearing the World Cache in most cases sorts out this problem.

Regards

This isn't just a problem on Blight. Chaos is also having this problem. I have seen entire rivers and oceans devoid of a drop of water. I have walked for about 10 minutes on the ocean floor before the water popped and my dragon had to surface. I recall a post of a biped who walked across the ocean to get to the dragon newbie isle. Clearing the world cache does nothing for me. I am running with all graphics and view distance maxed and never really have any lag unless I am in like Brist with many other people. Before the last patch the fishies were swimming in water, not hovering in air
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

I noticed that, kinda strange when I was auto running (on an alt heading to sand beetles in kion ), afk, then when I came back, I was like, hmmmm why is there nothing around me, then poof! all i saw was blue water. I know it was my fault but i really didnt see any water there before

Thread Information