Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is there to be scared of?

The car analogy reminds me that if the passengers in the vehicle constantly barrage the driver with criticisms like "You're driving too slow!" or "You took that corner too fast!" or "You're going the wrong direction!", at some point that driver is going to rightfully turn to the passengers and tell them to either shut up or get out of the car.

God knows I've done that once or twice with passengers in my car . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing Tant but... didn't want to post it =)

Yep. And analogies are just like....... Well I wont say it. But its just like opinons, everyone has one

Jayne

You are absolutly right Jayne.

It is also a matter of perspective as to how an analogy will be understood.

By way of his reference, what LO wants has made him a policeman and the guy that says whether you pass your driving test or not. I know he has gotten out of the car for a moment, but I don't remember when he was granted those powers.

WE are all just passengers. WE are paying for the gas for this trip. If we get unruly or abuse the other passengers, the driver will take care of the issue. Already the car is moving, and we are on our way across country. If the driver ( Dr. Ray ) is a good driver, we will all have a happy trip. If he can't read the map and drive too, we can help.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    By way of his reference, what LO wants has made him a policeman and the guy that says whether you pass your driving test or not. I know he has gotten out of the car for a moment, but I don't remember when he was granted those powers.
    I'm sorry that you feel you don't have the right to ask those questions. I do. These "powers" were granted to me by EI the moment they asked me to give them my money. You have the same powers, but it's up to you to decide to invoke them. All the right, all the justification any of us needs to offer is this:

Caveat Emptor.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin
    Sounds like someone who'd prefer to drive themself where they needed, and certainly never uses the taxi or bus service nor takes a plane or anything of the like. =)
    I am exactly that kind of person. I would rather drive all the way across the country in my own vehicle, then to have to rely on someone else to cart me there. I can list several reasons why, but suffice it to say, they are reason enough for me to stay close to home for vacations.

Not surprizing to me is the fact that LO and I have pretty much the same doubts and reservations about just idly hopping in the car with everyone else and hoping that we will get to the place that we want to be, or the place that someone says they will take us, simply because they say then can get us there.

Prove to me that you can get safely to point A and perhaps that will be sufficient for me to ride with you to point B.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I just could not help myself ...

According to the Wikipedia entry for Caveat Emptor : ( "Let the buyer beware" )

In addition to the quality of the merchandise, this phrase also applies to the return policy. In most jurisdictions, there is no legal requirement for the vendor to provide a refund or exchange. In many cases, the vendor will not provide a refund but will provide a credit. In the case of software, movies and other copyrighted material many vendors will only do a direct exchange for another copy of the exact same title.

How I read this is that as a player of Horizons, if I have purchased the game, I have the right to play, and if I for any reason, do not wish to play, I can return the cds ( if I have them ) and will be provided with another copy of the exact same title.

In the case of a subscription, one can cancel their account, and stop paying for it, and of course, not be allowed to login anymore. Trial accounts are there, for any potential subscriber to make an informed choice as to the fitness and desirability of the game.

I personally feel that we at times claim rights that do not exist. There are things we can do, but as with any action there is reaction and responsibility. "Rights" should be unalienable, but we are talking about a game we play for entertainment, not whether we are allowed to ride in the front of the bus. I don't believe "rights" is the proper word here.

We can tell the developers what we feel, and they tell us that they want to hear that. But, they are not required to.

We can give feedback on changes proposed or implemented, and try to influence them.
    But, they are not required to listen.

We can bash the devs and expect the unreasonable.
    But, they are humans too and will likely react badly, just like we would.

We can play and support the game in word and action, or we can stop and move on.
    But, those choices are up to us personally.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Man will this ever stop? Constant back and forth. I mean I'm all for discussion but this is beyond that. Thats why for the most part I have chose to be silent. People state your opinion and leave it at that. Don't just look for people's post to post something in order to get a reaction.......

Oh wait what am I thinking its always been that way here....ROFL sorry please continue.

Jayne

Yes Ma'mam!

Um... Sir... um ma'mam.... ok?

ROFL, Aamer that is not directed at you. Its just a general observation.

Thanks Jayne for directing this at me... but Im not actually following someone else around as though it may seem such...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Man will this ever stop? Constant back and forth. I mean I'm all for discussion but this is beyond that. Thats why for the most part I have chose to be silent. People state your opinion and leave it at that. Don't just look for people's post to post something in order to get a reaction.......

Oh wait what am I thinking its always been that way here....ROFL sorry please continue.

Jayne

its been that way for all games period.

No Frat its not at you or LO or anyone. I mean I guess the only way I can explain it is come i to these forums and read it like your a visitor and you'll understand. Yes I agree we can all disagree but I think if you take the time to look you wil see what I mean. I mean for me I just keep reading the same thing over and over.

And yes MadDwarf I guess your right. Which is why maybe not many come here

Thread Information