Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Supposed Mass Exodus

Default The Supposed Mass Exodus

Gotta love reading about the mass exodus of players, the flocks and droves calling it quits. Make a body wonder...

When I log and check for numbers visible currently logged in the numbers look about the same. Somebody must be staying around.

Mass exodus of players? Since when have we had a 'mass' that could have an exodus?

Flocks and droves calling it quits? I haven't seen a 'flock' or a 'drove' in quite a while.

Did somebody park a paranoid butt on the big red panic button? Or do some just have a problem with reality? Inquiring minds want to know...
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Right on Kwinn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seirana

*tackle nuzzles Kwinn again despite the emminant explosive bolt he may send his way*

The changes to the tutorials, low level areas and quests, and the improved playability of dragons will probably have more effect on the prospects of Horizons than the confectioner changes; indeed I suspected that the cf changes were partly a cover for the death penalty changes. (Which I did not like.) Newer players are unaffected by the tier VI changes, and are in good shape to weather the inevitable lull in development.

And I suspect that to maintain that momentum, mid-level and technical improvements should receive development priority over the elder game at that happy time when development resumes.

Much as I had long hoped for a tier VI that simply continued the lower tiers' format, a raised cap, and an Eastern continent to free, I fear that the next effort should be spent on keeping the new baby boomers moving along and happy.

So I would not expect the game's future to be leaving in herds, droves, flocks, or schools, but possibly some of the more prominent figures will leave, simply because of the lack of development in the elder game.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Some of just didn't go to Mass before the exodus?

But seriously ... I sure some folks just said "to hell with it" like me and just haven't logged in because they're so freaking depressed that the game has apparently been put on hold forever and a day. The game is in a holding pattern, and as long as that is true I'm in with the exodus crowd, even if my account is still active. Not everyone is standing on a soap box.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Well just about the time a company gets a good grip on the game and it's workings, it gets sold to another company. No wonder very few things ever get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    Well just about the time a company gets a good grip on the game and it's workings, it gets sold to another company. No wonder very few things ever get fixed.

Umm Tulga was AE and AE became Tulga. There was no difference between the companies. So HZ did not fall into Tulga's hands and Tulga had to relearn the game. They already knew where everything was.

EII unfortunately did not do the prudent thing and keep some of Tulga's development staff. To develop horizons now with fresh people will be a very tough uphill climb.

As far as the exodus. Umm Horizons has never had a mass to exodus since its release. When you have under 10,000 subs what you have left is already a loyal playerbase. They are not going to leave so readily. However the point was made that the elder players are leaving. Due to the fact there is nothing more to horizons than what they have seen and the overall point they seem to have no confidence in EII's ability to add to that portion of the game.

Default but

We did lose many folks when the servers merged. And, it started picking back up again. Whose to say that it won't happen again? I sure don't have a crystal ball in front of me.

Oh, and yes, I am an elder player, and am not leaving, as well as quite a few that I know off the top of my head, that are , indeed, logging in , playing, and having fun.

I think I lost my Lemming costume... guess that's why I'm here still.

Well, I too am staying and WILL not leave!

Unlike a few on these boards that have stopped out of protest.

The biggest question for any elder player is do you want to see Horizons continue?

If so, then keep your subs, login, and assist new players, and be here for when things turn around.

If in reality, you don't like how things have turned, and you are intent on seeing the game fail, then I guess we can assume that the negativity will continue.

I guess I'm just getting tired of it all... I WANT HZ to continue, I want to provide a happy place for my guild mates to chat and have fun together, I AM giving EII all the needed time to take over a game I play everyday. And even though I am concerned by seeing prominant elder players say their goodbyes, I am staying.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    If in reality, you don't like how things have turned, and you are intent on seeing the game fail, then I guess we can assume that the negativity will continue.
    Frankly?
    To those who keep screaming about how bad it has become:
    I haven't seen much difference in game since EI took over. Sure, there were no patches, there is little communication, there were billing issues, but if you look at it closely - what has really changed?
    Would you have preferred Tulga hang in there and one day just turn the servers off when they couldn't pay the bills anymore?
    Do you really think EI bought the game just to kill it?

Yes, anything could happen, but a lot of it is pure paranoia and not founded in any discernible fact.

If I had a penny for every time I heard someone say "It's dead, I give it another month and it'll be dead" in a game, I'd be filthy stinking rich.
    UO was pronounced dead god only knows how often - and it's still going.
    EQ was pronounced dead even more than UO - and it's still going.
    DAoC, SWG, Shadowbane, Lineage II, Guildwars... they've all been pronounced dead frequently. Ok, in the case of SWG it might actually be true, I don't know for sure. :P

I guess the world ended sometime 3 years ago... and I was too busy to notice.

Exactly Screech!

The issue for some of these posters is not that Horizons will end, it's that the in that had with tulga has ended. I can fully understand how that feels. However, not everyone that used to have tulga's ear has become sullen. I still see folks like Jayne, who has justifiable reasons for being biased, Login daily and continue to assist others ingame.

To me that shows maturity and action that matches her words.

The game continues, the future is still unknown, BUT the game continues.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Exactly Screech!

The issue for some of these posters is not that Horizons will end, it's that the in that had with tulga has ended. I can fully understand how that feels. However, not everyone that used to have tulga's ear has become sullen. I still see folks like Jayne, who has justifiable reasons for being biased, Login daily and continue to assist others ingame.

To me that shows maturity and action that matches her words.

The game continues, the future is still unknown, BUT the game continues.
    hear hear...

(and kudos to Jayne and others for displaying the maturity that was once
    a hallmark of our community.
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    hear hear...

(and kudos to Jayne and others for displaying the maturity that was once
    a hallmark of our community.
    Indeed! Our community here is known for helping each other, kindness, and overall maturity towards one another. Examples like this show me that my idealistic view of our community is not totally dead. I to am an elder player and I still enjoy logging in everyday, slaying the Aegis, and taming the maple treants for pets.

I'm still wondering why a post with blanket insults is still on the forums. /shrug Guess it matters who they're aimed at?

*scratched head*

Um, which post would that be?

I think they go both ways too... when I see them at least. Or perhaps it's because both sides are debating rather than insulting the other.

Which posts are we referring to here?
    I've not read everything lol. Just the stuff that interests me :P
    And yes, I like HZ for the community. And adding to that community is a good thing in my opinion.
    And if one thing is to be gleaned from the advocate thing it's the 'assist with events' part. That tells me they are at least planning some.
    Definitely not a sign of it being dead just yet.

The issue for some of these posters is not that Horizons will end, it's that the in that had with tulga has ended. I can fully understand how that feels. However, not everyone that used to have tulga's ear has become sullen.
    What an elegant way to demonize the opposition and discount their perspectives. Care to try again and argue the issue instead of attacking the person?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I'd like to add that some of the players have left due to some serious billing concerns lately, or perhaps real life concerns (as in my case) or even just boredom with the game (as in Peaches' revolving dooor). I don't know who had tulga's ear that is sullen now...I do know my guild was pretty much dead and most left over performance issues/bugs, not the sale (many weren't even aware of a sale). And a few I know left over billing, their accounts being doubly charged. /shrug As far as pouters go (the ones Aamer you say are resentful of the sale due to their friendship with TG devs-still not sure who these guys are), well perhaps their voices are heard the most here, although I doubt that is reflective of the playerbase as a whole.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thread Information