Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please welcome our newest board moderator

Default Please welcome our newest board moderator

sierana, our newest moderator, is starting her vigil of the boards today.

Thank you sierana!

*Tackle nuzzles* welcome welcome welcome! =)

Hope the volunteering goes well =)

Anima

Default Mmm.. Volunteering.

<waves!>

Sierana, Welcome aboard!

<waves!>

Thankyou all. I appreciate the warm welcome and the nuzzles=)

Can we learn more about Sierana? I see they joined the forums less than one month ago and they (admittedly) don't post much at all on these forums. Can you let us know more about yourself so we can get to know you? What experience do you have with the Horizons game and these forums? Do you have any previoius experience with EI?

Good luck as Moderator.

Yes of course i can. My name is actually Seirana on the game. I play on order and have playes since about 3 weeks after beta. I love the game with all my heart and passion. The reason that I became a moderator is so that I can help keep people calm and enjoying the game. I have no previos exp with EI. The reason I do not post alot is I read the forums for feedback and ideas from players. I post only when I see fit that my opinion will or maybe make a difference

Dravatar

Welcome sierana I wish you the best of luck in your new duties.

Default yayy!

Glad to see you stepping up, lady Seirana! I know you will do well.
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Welcome aboard Sierana . Very happy to see you here!

this inquireing mind wants to know when we will get a moderator that actually has a neutral opinion, or even an opinion that is perhaps not strictly in line with what EII has invisioned. I understand that having calming voices on the forums are benificial, but the way things are going currently I am beginning to feel disenfranchised.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

You seem to misunderstand me . I have a netural opinion and that is why I think i can make a difference. when i say keep it calm i simply mean so that everyone can get a understanding of everyone elses concerns

Cheers Seirana! Having known you in game for quite some time, I know that you'll do a marvelous job of moderating.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Yes sierana, I suppose I dont understand you, nor do I understand how moderators are picked for these forums I suppose. From what I can tell, you created your forum account in July 2006, your first of 20 posts as of this post was July 27th. Presumably youve been playing Horizons for a while, as I dont discount Tant's word for it, and perhaps you'll do a good job at it.

From what I can see, the only people that have seen being added to the Moderator list have not been people of a Neutral opinion as they claim, not even Peaches has a neutral opinion but it does seem that everyone picked to moderate since July 21 has been of her same opinion.

Before yesterday, you had a total of 3 posts. To me this indicates that you really dont care about the forums more then just perusing through them gleaning information and willing to take a part. Sure this is all speculation and perhaps I am out of line. I am only going off of the evidence placed before me. The few comments that you have made have not been totally objective (not saying that your not entitled to an opinion).

Fratricide,

Perhaps instead of attacking our newest moderator, and flaming her before we can even see how well she does, give her a CHANCE! I also can vouch that she is a longtime Horizons player, and although her account here on the forums is new, its not just so she can be "like minded to Peaches". Try supporting someone first before being a nay-sayer without really knowing anything about them.

I would be a good moderator but.....

I have my own headaches with my family

(and it's against their rules)

Edit: Oh... do a good Job and I will reward you with a cookie!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

LOL! Well I guess thats all the encouragement she'll need!!!

A cookie with raisins, and maybe a dead mouse would be enough encouragement for me!

Default Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide
    Yes sierana, I suppose I dont understand you, nor do I understand how moderators are picked for these forums I suppose. From what I can tell, you created your forum account in July 2006, your first of 20 posts as of this post was July 27th. Presumably youve been playing Horizons for a while, as I dont discount Tant's word for it, and perhaps you'll do a good job at it.

From what I can see, the only people that have seen being added to the Moderator list have not been people of a Neutral opinion as they claim, not even Peaches has a neutral opinion but it does seem that everyone picked to moderate since July 21 has been of her same opinion.

Before yesterday, you had a total of 3 posts. To me this indicates that you really dont care about the forums more then just perusing through them gleaning information and willing to take a part. Sure this is all speculation and perhaps I am out of line. I am only going off of the evidence placed before me. The few comments that you have made have not been totally objective (not saying that your not entitled to an opinion).
    Each moderator that has come on board, has gone through several interviews, and were deemed to be qualified as such. They were also interviewed by EI as well. Post counts doesn't mean a thing in the scope of things, but attitude does, and they both have very good attitudes. Posters sometimes, just don't post, but lurk, and there is nothing wrong with that. As you get to know both moderators, over the course of time, you will find them to be evenhanded when it comes to moderation. I might remind you, as well, that we all are human, we do make mistakes. With that said, if you have any issues with any of the moderators, contact me, via pm, or Ei, via pm. Thank you

Peaches I dont discount that there has been some sort of interview process. And sure, post counts dont necessarily matter, but unless you know this person personally, which since they apparently play on Order so I wouldnt know them, information on who they are and what their personallity is like is only reflected here on the boards.

<I edited myself to not run so far off topic as to get into a rant as it was getting there... Peaches, I will PM you the rest of my post so that you can read it as it was more directed specifically to you and the rest of the mod staff>

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide
    Not trying to be argumentative here, but why would anyone want someone that's not actively concerned with the continued well-being of Horizons to moderate boards for Horizons? That just seems practical to me.

Good point BKBanzai. The moderators from what I've seen has done a good job in what they do. Its unfortunate that some feel the need to find fault in our moderators in any way possible that to be honest, doesn't exist. Hopefully those people will come to realize that they are here to help us and make our experience here a better one.
    Hoping for the community that once was and can still be...

Thread Information