Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tradition

Default Tradition

It has been tradition, that at fall , we have a fall festival. Its so much fun, and brings our community together, especially with our having the chance to get halloween costumes, and seeing the bright moon at night, in red, is awesome. Any chance, that we can have our fall festival back this year?

Thank you

That would be awesome to do that and be able to get some of the confectioner forms and things we have missed getting over the past few years. They are really neat events.

I agree. I was looking forward to another storytelling contest this year.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Yes please bring this back! It was so much fun running around doing the quests...errr.... trick or treating, then getting all the masks and such. I would love to see more events along with the old ones. *hoards his ornaments*
    Hoping for the community that once was and can still be...

Last years fall fest was the first HZ event I was able to take part in, and I *loved* it I'll be rather disappointed if we don't have another this year.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

If I remember right, last year was the introduction of the new sound bite "braaaaains" for the zombies.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Aah yes, the fall festival! I nearly forgot about that. Last year's was particularly fun because of the costumes.. and a year later we can still wear them and scare all the newcomers. Was also good for roleplaying being blighted.

Bring the fall festival back, don't break tradition!

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    It has been tradition, that at fall , we have a fall festival. Its so much fun, and brings our community together, especially with our having the chance to get halloween costumes, and seeing the bright moon at night, in red, is awesome. Any chance, that we can have our fall festival back this year?

Thank you
    Would love to see this come back

Yes that would be nice and some contests on the community site like the last confectioner one and such would be nice too. And the Christmas treants too with more blighted treants this time of course.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    If I remember right, last year was the introduction of the new sound bite "braaaaains" for the zombies.
    Well, it's always been there... it just wasn't hooked up. Then we were like... what in the heck, why is this not hooked up.

It's very awesome to hear you all enjoyed the fall festival event so much. Amon and I worked very hard on the event and we both agree that it was the best/most fun event that we worked on together.

Amadan
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

The Mask creation contests were a blast, there were some pretty creative ideas submitted :-)

Myd has a few of them tucked away in his vault, to be taken out to scare the hatchlings now and then >:-)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Default why couldnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by Alashar
    how do you figure EI will do a fall festival? spawn some zombies maybe?

I dont know enough about programming, but, might theyjust have to turn it on for it to work?

I sure hope we can get our fall festival this year.

one would presume that all of the Holiday stuff was packed away but not deleted... If so, it should be easy enough to unpack.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Oh, yes, the fall festival was a blast . In fact, i just got my sack of dragon masks out a couple of days ago to show them off to someone who hadn't seen all of them yet
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Last year's Fall Festival is my standard example of a great "fluff" event; accessible to all, imaginative, humorous, and just excellent all around.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Fridlekh

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    You can blame me for that... it used to be associated to some action that was never performed, and instead I hooked it up to their "walk forward" animation state. Kinda like how I hooked up the wolf howl to the "idle" animation state... I just wish there was a howl animation to go with it so you could see which wolf was howling. I tried hooking it to a portion of the death animation, since they throw their heads back, but they also start to fall over, so it looked really really bad. :P

Those were easy compared to, for example, trying to make a new def for hooking a sound or animation to an attack.

-- to get back on topic

Doing the Fall festival again will require...
    asset management: At the very least the swapping out of the moon asset, and loading screen.

Lots of simdoc work: NPCs have to be given quests again, many loot tables have to be modified to include festival related stuff

event coordination in game: some NPCs need to be moved back to where players can access them, WMs need to be on for at least a while every day to interact with players.

And that's just to duplicate the experience from the last year. With Jim on staff, I think that much of last year's Fall Festival could be salvaged depending on how well documented all of the various changes were. Having Jason M around would dramatically improve the situation, but that's fairly moot.

For the two fall festival development cycles I was around for, preparation for the festival was a full time job for the entirety of two delta cycles, with concepting done off and on previous to that. The first delta cycle is adding the content and any new systems or MOBs, and getting it ready to test. The second delta cycle is tweaking of MOBs, fixing typos or other data entry or asset creation errors, and adding of more fluff that won't need extensive testing.

The Fall Festival is not simply a switch that can be flipped to "on".

I got into the game as the fall festival was ending, so I didn't get a chance to collect everything, or stock up on enough costume fuel so I didn't have to use those so sparingly. :\

I wouldn't mind a recycled 2005 fall festival if there wasn't anybody around to make a new one. Either way I hope all the toys and treats come back. :P

my god, its already fall? ******** where did the time go? ...... searches his hold costumes.....

As I said on Aug 1st LOL even if they cant get rid of the blighted mobs now just having the spiders and zombies back would be fun , tho to be honest the thought of fall and winter for me is not all of a pleasing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog
    I would personally love to see this splash screen go away , is there someway the spooky spider one can be put in its place not so many mobs running around ROP road and the spiders were fun and the costumes cool, and hay so its not October yet but,,,,,, that gives a good 2-3 months we can beat up spiders collect candy and wait for a new event.
    THIS is the wrong place to put it but another reason to not get Blights current build is confectioner is uh ,, hum, uh shall I say broken ie:
    1) cant make pepper need pepper berry's and not pepper corns.
    2) cant make any meat products or soups all the meat now comes as flanks and not as raw
    3) now to dig potatoes you need to use a clay scoop vs a harvest knife
    SO to top matters off we can do no confectioning and can do no quest that require sand orgers , ie mage quest dragon quest and some others.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

I loved the Fall Festival and would very much like to see it again, even if it was the same as last year.

It seems then, that to bring us a Harvest Festival will be a task that EII can prove their competence and dedication by.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information