Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Crafting Calculator

Matecuss

Default Horizon Crafting Calculator

This version is now obsolete. Please use the one at this thread :)

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=114721

Default Re: Horizon Crafting Calculator

Hello Matecuss.

I just made Xuns spellorder with your nice calculator and got this great HTML Order that I can hand over to the spellcrafter (Dunkel most likely at Unity).

But I wonder about the blight spells.

I wasnt able to add:[*]Blight Damage toany Blight Spells. (I saw the tech at the XML files)[*]Spirit Damage and Bane to Blood Bolt (I think Blood Bolt can take all techs that a Spirit Bolt can really)[/list]

Otherwise Im ******** impressed. Sooo great tool.

If you want, I can try to make an installation for you and then the user dont need to run the regfiles manually (I hope). Feel free to use the email button below here if you want to be sure I get the answer.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Matecuss

Thanks for the spells all that needs doing is add the required tech to the <item-slot> list for that particular spell, i.e. For Blood Bolt, replace 'Spell:None' with 'Spell:Spirit Damage'. The same goes with the Blight Spells. I'll update this locally but I'll not be doing any updates to this program.

I think having an installer would be great idea, I'll send you a email right away [:)]

Pluton

Do some people still need to grab MSFlexgrid? If so where to grab it? I've sent a lot of people to this app cause it's simply the best ... but some people get no templates etc.

Matecuss

MSFlexgrid should be included in the zipfile. It's in it's own subdirectory with a script to install it, if you do not already have it registered.

Matecuss

All,

After a week and a bit of not logging on to Horizons, I suddenly do not feel the urge to do so [:(]. Although I don't know why, I still like the game, maybe perhaps the ending of the guild I was in curtails my interest (also not logging in has resulted in me losing my plot). As of today I've cancelled both my accounts.

Now to the Crafting Calculator that I've written (Why does this sound like I'm writing a will [:O]). I've been purposely not updating it, as I've been developing a completely new version which gets rid of all the clunky things the old one has, as well as putting in some new ideas. However its still in an early state of development, but I'd really like to get it complete as my farewell gift to Istaria. If not, then the current version of it is more than useful enough to stay linked.

In either case the xml files will need to be maintained. I hope that someone currently playing the game would help the community and keep these updated. If anyone is interested, please give me a tell and I'll need to sort out a handover.

I am very very sorry to see that you are leaving. You have performed a magnificent service, and many are grateful.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Hi Matecuss !!
    Thanks for the great program, only found out about it yesturday, but its great to check wich spells that i can use and what techs does etc.. great work!!

Sad to see you leave :(

//Aquarius [Unity]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Do some people still need to grab MSFlexgrid? If so where to grab it? I've sent a lot of people to this app cause it's simply the best ... but some people get no templates etc.
    I putted a install help at Unity Marketplace but i put it here too:

Heres my tips how to install the Horizon Crafter Calculator

1. Unzip the HCC022.zip to c:\program files\Hz Calculator\

2. Go inside the Install folder (c:\program files\Hz Calculator\install)

3a. Doubleclick install_if_missing_grids_98_ME.bat if you use ME or win 98

3b. Doubleclick install_if_missing_grids_XP_2000.bat if you use XP or 2000

4. Doubleclick ScaleAdjust.reg

5. Go out from install folder.

6. Rightclick Horizons_Crafter.exe and create a shortcut to desktop and run it and now you can simulate creation of anything that is part of HZ and make HTML reports.

-----------------------------
    I will try to make a installation program later. I have forgot to do it really. I have to blaim my bloody infection that dont go away for that.
    Vanaondo

Default Blood Bolt I

I just figured out that Blood Bolt I can be double teched. Do I change that at aXML file too or must the source of hcc.exe be changed? Its the only Tier II spell in the game that can be double teched.

Installation program made: I send it up soon to my site and replies here when it is done.
    Vanaondo

Default Re: Blood Bolt I

Its done and Blood Bolt I can be teched (double teched at game only) and withered state can have blight damage applied.

Download and Install HCC (Horizon Crafter Calculator).
    I tok the liberty of making an installer for Matecuss ******** fine calculator and edited 2 spells in it. Just click or right click this link:
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/horizons/HCC.exe

Vanaondo

Made som updates today so reinstall it:

Updates: 04-11-30
    *Corrected "Enduring Fyakki Chitin" for Velocity V
    *Added Potency for all Heal spells

Updates: 04-11-29
    * Techs added to Blood Bolt I (Only Tier II that can be doubled teched so order 2 Blood Bolts if you want to see all resources at the Order.htm at the presentation tab)
    * Added Blight Damage to the Blight Spell: Withered State wich seems to be the only Blight spell that can have that tech applied.
    Vanaondo

Updates: 04-12-01[*]Updated techs for the primal spells.[/list]
    Vanaondo

Updates 04-12-02

I got following updates per email from Frank 'Syd' Gerken¨[*]Added all Tier V Dyes + Invisible Dye.[*]Tier V Potions ingridients[*]2 typos at Optimun.xml[/list]

Thanks a lot Syd. This is so great.
    Vanaondo

akb

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaondo
    Updated techs for the primal spells.
    very nice & thanks. I just checked them and they all seem to be correct with one little problem on all kinds of range techs: ingame, some additional recycle time is added to the display. This can't be done in HCC without modifying the program, but it would be nice to have this as part of the tech description, just like heal recycle has a decrease as description:

all range techs (primal range, nature range, spirit range, etc)increase the recycle time by +3/+6/+10 seconds for the range tech I/II/III (I don't know the times for tech IV and V since I didn't get them yet). And all repeating spells (bolts,which have a zero recycle time)get the same increase which results in a total of 3/6/10 seconds recycle time and makes the spells non-repeating.

I also checked some of the forms (and techs) for dragon scales:
    - scales have listed "armor" as the onlydefense tech, but many or even all resistance and wardtechs can be applied too
    - on the list ofcraft techs two are missing: gemworking and salvaging
    - armor socketing cannot be applied to head scales (it is the bipeds who use sockets on the head/helm)but to chest scales and forelegs

[as info for bipeds: very young dragons have only the chest scales and to give them the option of using crystals those scales have to be able to get sockets, and the additional sockets on more armor parts (which dragons can only use above 40 or even 60)probably were introduced because dragons have no shields, weapons, tools or jewelry which could get sockets too]

and finallysome suggestions for the included profiles and component prices:
    - are all those orders intended to be published, or only got included by accident as part of Vanaondo's crafting profession ingame? (there is also a bad/dead link "Genväg till ..." in the main directory)
    - two additional standard profiles might be handy:BipedOptimum.xml and DragonOptimum.xml which havethe same extreme values asOptimum.xml, but with all the non-available skills set to zero (Scalecrafting=0 for Bipeds,most skills set to zerofor Dragons).
    - If forms are extended someday to also include housecrafting (eg.the Fall Harvest items)and other items, it might be good to include Ingenuity now in the profiles. [changing profile values can be done in HCC, but adding a skill has to be done by editingall profiles]
    -I personally would like to see (and be willing to contribute)an additional default file for Components: a version which has the prices from the Vielo (same data for all servers)instead of the average consigner prices (which may vary from server to server). By using that version, people would be able to see the extreme maximum prices whichshouldnot be exceeded atconsigners,pawns or private trades, or which they would have to pay if they need the componentsreal urgently.
    - some minor problems in the current component list:the only leather items areanimal hides and hide strips (no maggot hides, fungus, etc),all types of clay currently are listed as "other" instead of as "earthenware", all satyr metal/stone (Algedian silver, etc)is included only as bars and runes (but not as ore and slabs).

and again a BIG THANKS forkeeping HCC alive and current !

Matecuss

The range techs can be modified to behave just like the heal recycle ones, just add the following to each range tech (with the appropriate value).

<tech-bonus>
    <bonus-name>Increases the spell recycle time by3 seconds</bonus-name>
    <bonus-value>0</bonus-value>
    </tech-bonus>

However the non-repeating spell aspect would be a bit trickier and the application would then need the logic to handle it.

Matecuss

Here's a quick description of the file format used for the formula xml. I'll follow this up with the tech xml file later [8-|]

<craft>
    <craft-name>Cookies</craft-name> (1)
    <craft-icon>12</craft-icon> (2)
    <craft-description>Listing of all cookies</craft-description> (3)
    <item>
    <item-name>Chocolate Cookie I</item-name> (4)
    <item-desc>A cookie made from the finest ingredient, once used to prop up a table in the house near Dalimond.</item-desc> (5)
    <item-icon>276</item-icon> (6)
    <item-slot>Stomach</item-slot> (7)
    <item-tier>1</item-tier> (8)
    <item-qty>5</item-qty> (9)
    <item-detail> (10)
    <detail-name>Delay</detail-name> (11)
    <detail-value>50</detail-value> (12)
    </item-detail>
    <item-detail>
    <detail-name>Recycle</detail-name>
    <detail-value>0:01</detail-value>
    </item-detail>
    <item-detail>
    <detail-name>Range</detail-name>
    <detail-value>Self Only</detail-value>
    </item-detail>
    <item-detail>
    <detail-name>Effects</detail-name>
    <detail-value>+15 Indigestion</detail-value>
    </item-detail>
    <item-detail>
    <detail-name>
    Duration</detail-name>
    <detail-value>30:00</detail-value>
    </item-detail>
    <item-detail>
    *** Repeat as neccesary ***
    </item-detail>
    <item-info>
    (13)
    <info-name>Requirements</info-name> (14)
    <info-value>Current School Level (1)</info-value> (15)
    </item-info>
    <item-info>
    </item-info>
    <item-group>
    0</item-group> (16)
    <item-bonus> (17)
    <bonus-name>Sleeping</bonus-name> (18)
    <bonus-value>3</bonus-value> (19)
    </item-bonus>
    <item-bonus>
    </item-bonus>
    <item-resource>
    (20)
    <resource-name>Chocolate Pieces</resource-name> (21)
    <resource-skill>Cooking</resource-skill> (22)
    <resource-minlevel>1</resource-minlevel> (23)
    <resource-optlevel>300</resource-optlevel> (24)
    <resource-optamount>2</resource-optamount> (25)
    <resource-minamount>2</resource-minamount> (26)
    </item-resource>
    <item-resource>
    <resource-name>Krunch(TM) Secret Ingredient</resource-name>
    <resource-skill>Cooking</resource-skill>
    <resource-minlevel>1</resource-minlevel>
    <resource-optlevel>100</resource-optlevel>
    <resource-optamount>2</resource-optamount>
    <resource-minamount>5</resource-minamount>
    </item-resource>
    <item-resource>
    </item-resource>
    </item>
    <item>
    </item>
    </craft>

(1) <craft-name> This is the name of sub-tree these formulas go under. You can have multiple xml files go under the same sub-tree.
    (2) <craft-icon> Icon used for this sub-tree, see IconList.xls for list of available icons. The icon used is from the first file for this craft.
    (3) <craft-description> Not used
    (4) <item-name> Name of Formula. This will appear under the relevant sub-tree
    (5) <item-desc> Description of what this formula produces. Optional
    (6) <item-icon> Icon used to represent this formula, see IconList.xls for list of available icons.
    (7) <item-icon> Slot that this item belongs to, this is important for things that you can wear as the techinque definitions rely on the names to decide what techs you can place where. Biped locations are Head, Chest, Arms, Forearm, Hands, Face, Legs, Feet, Shoulder, Waist, Back, Shield, Neck, Wrist, Ear, Finger, Weapon. Dragon locations are Chest Scale, Wing Scale, Head Scale, Foreleg Scale, Hindleg Scale. If not relevant then just create an imaginary location. For spells, this is used to describe what techs can be applied to it. The format should be 'Spell:XXX', and multiple techs should be comma separated.
    (8) <item-tier> Tier. This is used to determine at which point this formula should appear in the list and to also determine how many techs can be applied to it. This is hardcoded within the application to map as follows, (T1->1, T2->1, T3->2, T4->2, T5->3, T6->3)
    (9) <item-qty> Optional. Number of items a single run will produce. This defaults to 1 if not specified.
    (10) <item-detail> Item-Detail tags are essentially just textual descriptions of some of the attributes of an object. They appear in blue and above any Item-Info tags. You can have as many of these as needed or none at all.
    (11) <detail-name> Name of the attribute (i.e. Delay, Range or Effects). This appears on the info pane to the left hand side in black.
    (12) <detail-value> Value of the attribute. This appears on the info pane to the right hand side in blue.
    (13) <item-info> Item-Info tags are generally textual descriptions of any restrictions that this object has. They appear in red and at the bottom of the info pane. You can have as many of these as needed or none at all.
    (14) <info-name> Name of the restriction (i.e. Requirements or Class list). This appears on the info pane to the left hand side in black.
    (15) <info-value> Value of the restriction. This appears on the info pane to the right hand side in red.
    (16) <item-group> Item group is used to identify formulas and techs that cannot be used together. Refer to TierGroups.xls for a full list. Essentially if a formula or tech being used is assigned an item group, then others from that group cannot be applied to this object. For most formula this does not apply and can be set to 0, but others such as jewellry have certain tech restrictions. If a future item is nice and uber and has multiple existing bonuses, you can have multiple groups (10 max) comma separated.
    (17) <item-bonus> Bonuses are numerical attributes that are gained from the object such as Strength, or Power. These are totalled up by the Tryout section. If the bonuses are non-numerical then you can assign the description into the bonus-name and set the bonus-value to 0. You can have as many of these as needed or none at all.
    (18) <bonus-name> Name of the bonus.
    (19) <bonus-value> Value of the bonus.
    (20) <item-resource> This section describes the resources required and the skill needed in order to create an item. You can have as many of these as needed or none at all (although that wouldn't make sense :p).
    (21) <resource-name> Name of the resource required
    (22) <resource-skill> The skill involved in making this product
    (23) <resource-minlevel> The minimum skill required to make this product
    (24) <resource-optlevel> The optimal skill required to make this product efficiently
    (25) <resource-optamount> The amount of resources required to make this product at optimal levels
    (26) <resource-minamount> Optional. The amount of resources required to make this product at the minimal skill level. If not specified then this defaults to twice the optimal level

Quote Originally Posted by akb
    all range techs (primal range, nature range, spirit range, etc)increase the recycle time by +3/+6/+10 seconds for the range tech I/II/III (I don't know the times for tech IV and V since I didn't get them yet). And all repeating spells (bolts,which have a zero recycle time)get the same increase which results in a total of 3/6/10 seconds recycle time and makes the spells non-repeating.
    This might be something I will check as I will get the source code later from Matecuss. No promisses though as I must get into the source first.

I also checked some of the forms (and techs) for dragon scales:
    - scales have listed "armor" as the onlydefense tech, but many or even all resistance and wardtechs can be applied too
    - on the list ofcraft techs two are missing: gemworking and salvaging
    - armor socketing cannot be applied to head scales (it is the bipeds who use sockets on the head/helm)but to chest scales and forelegs
    Is this something that you can edit in the xml-files you think? I dont have the techs and I know you have edited some xml earlier. But I do it later if you cant or have time for it.

- are all those orders intended to be published, or only got included by accident as part of Vanaondo's crafting profession ingame? (there is also a bad/dead link "Genväg till ..." in the main directory)
    It ended up there by misstake. We use C:\Program in sweden, not c:\program Files as default and I made that link myself and it should be flagged as not incuded in the install creator.

- two additional standard profiles might be handy:BipedOptimum.xml and DragonOptimum.xml which havethe same extreme values asOptimum.xml, but with all the non-available skills set to zero (Scalecrafting=0 for Bipeds,most skills set to zerofor Dragons).
    I included those you sent me at the private section.

- If forms are extended someday to also include housecrafting (eg.the Fall Harvest items)and other items, it might be good to include Ingenuity now in the profiles. [changing profile values can be done in HCC, but adding a skill has to be done by editingall profiles]
    Not a bad idea. But its best to focus at the base and make it up to date at this moment, like Ice spells, spell techs, etc. I even found a tech called Glaze that dont seems to be ingame at this moment. Do you know anything about it?

-I personally would like to see (and be willing to contribute)an additional default file for Components: a version which has the prices from the Vielo (same data for all servers)instead of the average consigner prices (which may vary from server to server). By using that version, people would be able to see the extreme maximum prices whichshouldnot be exceeded atconsigners,pawns or private trades, or which they would have to pay if they need the componentsreal urgently.
    Maybe, as alternative to Unity prices. Otherwise I think anyone at the other shards should get involed and make price excel, xls and csv files them selfs and send here or to me or Arcat or be part of the develop team as it is only Europeens that are involved at this stage with everything, like HCC and Map Pack.

- some minor problems in the current component list:the only leather items areanimal hides and hide strips (no maggot hides, fungus, etc),all types of clay currently are listed as "other" instead of as "earthenware", all satyr metal/stone (Algedian silver, etc)is included only as bars and runes (but not as ore and slabs).
    Not only that, dye techs arnt listed for leather at this moment. But Arcat is working on armor common so it might come very soon.

and again a BIG THANKS forkeeping HCC alive and current !
    We will try our best and its good if more gets involved too. Arcat is working on how to orginise us best as develop team. He has some tools for it and possibilities. I cant say more at this moment but it includes even Map Making.

Vanaondo

akb

>> And all repeating spells (bolts,which have a zero recycle time)get the same increase which results in a total of 3/6/10 seconds recycle time and makes the spells non-repeating.
    > This might be something I will check as I will get the source code later from Matecuss.
    including in the code would be nice, but most important isto have it shown anywhere at all, eg as text for some effect of that tech.

I just got an idea: would HZ treat 0 recycle time as repeating? This wouldexplain why bolts with range tech no longer arerepeating.And what about eg healingspells which have a short recycle time and are reduced to zero recyclingby applying health recycle tech? would those spells start to be repeating heals ? :-)

>> I also checked some of the forms (and techs) for dragon scales...
    > Is this something that you can edit in the xml-files you think?
    I will have to take a look at it. The description of all the fields is helpful, but i currently have no means to look at those lists which enumerate all icons and groups. Thus i can make part of the xml files and add "groups" as text/desciptions only. Maybe, it's as simple as copying the resi-ward-tech-groups from some biped armor, moving the socket-tech-description from one scale to another and duplicating entries for gemworking and salvaging, but maybe it's not that simple.

>> it might be good to include Ingenuity now in the profiles.
    > Not a bad idea. But its best to focus at the base and make it up to date at this moment, like Ice spells, spell techs, etc.
    When people do their own versions of profiles for their own characters, it probably is best to include ingenuity as soon as possible so that people dont't have to add it later themselves to all their profiles, even if that skill is currently used in no forms or other part of HCC.

> I even found a tech called Glaze that dont seems to be ingame at this moment. Do you know anything about it?
    Sorry, not the slightest clue. But i have another spellwhich seems to have been removed too :-)

btw: I missed Numbing Haze I (II was ok) and Cure Zymosis in the list of spells. I'll get the details of that cure posted as soon as I'm able to login again with Daj (comm failure earlier this evening and now freezes the gameon logging in).

>> I personally would like to see (and be willing to contribute)an additional default file for Components: a version which has the prices from the Vielo.
    >> people would be able to see the extreme maximum prices
    > Maybe, as alternative to Unity prices. Otherwise I think anyone at the other shards should get involed and make price excel, xls and csv files them selfs and send here ...
    of course, they should do that. my remark above "one file only for all shards" was not meant as excuse for other servers to contribute nothing, but only that there is no need for separate "vielo_unity" etc files.

I currently have no access to Excel or the XLS files, but only CSV and XML. Do you have some means to convert a simple CSV file to those other files? then pricelists would be very easy to make, without the need to edit all the XML ...

>> I also checked some of the forms (and techs) for dragon scales...
    > Is this something that you can edit in the xml-files you think?I will have to take a look at it. The description of all the fields is helpful, but i currently have no means to look at those lists which enumerate all icons and groups. Thus i can make part of the xml files and add "groups" as text/desciptions only. Maybe, it's as simple as copying the resi-ward-tech-groups from some biped armor, moving the socket-tech-description from one scale to another and duplicating entries for gemworking and salvaging, but maybe it's not that simple.
    Well i have never looked closer to armor but armor and armor techs XML are vice vers compared to spells but it makes sence. This is the info I figured out. Look at the folder: Config\Techs\Defense and we compare 2 files there, the Armor.xls and Blight Resistance.xml

At Armor.xls we find following row wich is repeated 5 time, one time for each Tier:

<slot-list>Head,Chest,Arms,Forearm,Hands,Face,Legs,Fe et,Shoulder,Waist,Back,Shield,Neck,Wrist,Ear,Finge r,Chest Scale,Wing Scale,Head Scale,Foreleg Scale,Hindleg Scale</slot-list>

And at Blight Resistance.xml we see that it is much much shorter:

<slot-list>Chest,Face,Legs,Back,Shield,Sack,Wrist,Ear ,Finger</slot-list>

We canupdatethis in 3 different ways:

1. I Bug the Helians (including you) about info.
    2. I buy every tech and do it myself (Im more into spellmaking though)
    3. You edit, verify it and upload the changes to Arcats new ftp server for development.

It goes so fast to edit those files when you get a hang of it really. Just notepad and game running at Window mode at same time wich I do with spells. I run the create window and HCC and Notepad at same time for verifications and test direct. But if I would go the cheap way, bugging the helians, then it would take 3-8 times longer then buy all techs. But I want to keep my markers for all spell techs and i miss a lot of II and III techs for spells.

Theres a4th way too... Using the new Tech Database. http://quadric.customer.netspace.net.au/techs/

>> it might be good to include Ingenuity now in the profiles.
    > Not a bad idea. But its best to focus at the base and make it up to date at this moment, like Ice spells, spell techs, etc.When people do their own versions of profiles for their own characters, it probably is best to include ingenuity as soon as possible so that people dont't have to add it later themselves to all their profiles, even if that skill is currently used in no forms or other part of HCC.
    maybe true. But I would like to see all current things working at HCC like Scales, spells and such that peaple are making at this present that isnt up to date.

> I even found a tech called Glaze that dont seems to be ingame at this moment. Do you know anything about it?Sorry, not the slightest clue. But i have another spellwhich seems to have been removed too :-)

btw: I missed Numbing Haze I (II was ok) and Cure Zymosis in the list of spells. I'll get the details of that cure posted as soon as I'm able to login again with Daj (comm failure earlier this evening and now freezes the gameon logging in).
    I have the spell and spell form too but it isnt part of the game any longer and should not be added to HCC

>> I personally would like to see (and be willing to contribute)an additional default file for Components: a version which has the prices from the Vielo.
    >> people would be able to see the extreme maximum prices
    > Maybe, as alternative to Unity prices. Otherwise I think anyone at the other shards should get involed and make price excel, xls and csv files them selfs and send here ...of course, they should do that. my remark above "one file only for all shards" was not meant as excuse for other servers to contribute nothing, but only that there is no need for separate "vielo_unity" etc files.

I currently have no access to Excel or the XLS files, but only CSV and XML. Do you have some means to convert a simple CSV file to those other files? then pricelists would be very easy to make, without the need to edit all the XML ...
    I dont know as i dont have the source code yet. matecuss tried to send it to me but i have to much junk at email it seems. Mostly big files that have to do with work. CSV is a comma separated List that is made from Excel as far as I can see.

Well i hope you are able to take a look at the techs and add some scales to the <slot-info> lines. Just a comma and body part with big letter in the beginning as HCC is most likely and hopefully written with C and that language treat a and A different for sure... ----> Ascii-code rulesinside HCC. *nods and smiles*But it looks nicer with big letter at beginning really as it is mostly only Unix freaks that allways uses small letters.
    Vanaondo

Thread Information