Thread: Attenshion Devs or Reps From ei

Exclamation Attenshion Devs or Reps From ei

I Normally Do this in Pms but… I need them to take a Look at the Argo Range of Mobs there getting out of Control and its Getting worse if your a Dragon, if your a ped you Can Mez them all and Kill when you Have a Chance, but with Dragons you only Have one stun Dragons fear.

I was hunting up at the Marrow Guards, I Used Primal Bolt on 1 of the Guards then all the Guards in the Fort swarmed me like a hive of bees. 4 Ethereal blade and Critical Strikes as a Result wound up an instant Death Point. Pls look at this issue.

I do know the t5 Resources are guarded by mobs its getting to the point where you Need 1 Fighter per crafter.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default most of the mobs are this way

the fix was on blight, if you might recall the patch notes, certain monsters were made not social, without that patch, we are stuck with a horrid agro, which your right, death is easy.

Default From what i remember ...

... the Marrow Guards always had that "Social Behaviour" from time to time. I can say that as we Unitarians never got any patch that changed the aggro on a mob. So i recall that every now and then ALL of the MGs jumped on me, thought the one pulled was miles away from the others.

Usually only when Valkor was alive, or soon to spawn, though.

I love the agro. It has made things challenging again. I am actually gotten used to it and I'm now starting to hunt in my kion wear again. Awesome!

Jayne

Totally agree with Jayne. I didnt like it all at first , but now that im used to it, it makes hunting the islands much more fun.

Sharduk

Yes, amazing how great minds think alike

Personally I would rather see them look into why its a ghost town at some locations. I been mining mith for at least week and have seen maybe 2 mobs the whole time. I used to have to kill a golem or two as I left the mine. Now its just boring

Jayne

The change was to be rolled back after the high social values were discovered. However, the sale interrupted that.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Red face

This really, really needs to be addressed.

Fighting many different types of creatures is what livens up a game, keeps the economy running (providng crafting tech components for sale on the market) and keeps the player from dying of boredom.

I've noticed now that many people have stopped doing quests for leveling and just grind on beetles from lvl 5-20. Just sand beetles forever. They are one of the few mobs that won't kill you over and over again because you got too close to another sand beetle. They present absolutely no challenge to the hunter, have a terrible loot-table, (sand seems to be what they drop most, and never any coin) but, they are so easy to kill you can't die from them unless you are a complete fool, however, they give good xp. So people just do them over and over again, and usually solo, cause if they grouped there wouldn't really be a benefit, because some xp is lost with more group members.

Gruoks are out there, treants, water golems, sand ogres, spiders, and really nasty undead camps exist, but, almost nobody hunts them. Putting on the "LFG" flag has become a joke, because nobody 5-20 groups, they just solo sand beetles. If you talk a few people into doing other mobs, they will leave after dying multiple times, which is bound to happen with this messed up aggro. The main problems are:

-Named mobs seem to have a much wider aggro radius than non-named mobs of the same species...
    -Mobs near your own rating have a decent aggro range, but mobs a few levels higher than you can be the same distance away and aggro, thus, forcing you to avoid camps with mobs that have a wide range in ratings. NEWSFLASH: This is almost ALL CAMPS!
    -The constant aggro from the mobs near the camp that are 5 lvls higher than you makes your group flee for their lives waaaay too frequently, causing frustration and making your group members want to split, so go solo beetles
    -The mobs that chase your group members (or yourself) chase for waaaay too long. Mobs should have smarter AI that tells them, if their prey has sprint/speed boots on, gift of speed etc and it cannot catch up, it should abandone the chase!
    -There are too many aggro mobs on the roads, I can understand a road to the middle of nowhere being treacherous, but roads in between major cities should not be chuck-full of mobs that will attack you, chase forever, and prevent you from getting your road-speed bonus. This makes the game annoying and hinders something essential to the game, player travel!

The bottom line:

• Prevent aggro from occuring at all from mobs X levels below you, (I recommend, that if a creature won't give you xp from killing it, ban it from attacking you)
    • Remove highly aggressive mobs from roads between major cities
    • Reduce aggro range of mobs so that pulling with a bow/crossbow is feasable
    • Reduce amount of time a mob will spend chasing you, improve AI so mobs know when a chase is hopeless
    • Increase the experiance value for social mobs, decrease it for non-social
    • Reduce the amount of camps where mob level varies drastically, (challenging mobs should be in the vicinity, but having the majority of camps contain hopelessly-high mobs that can rain on your parade is quite frustrating)

This should get people xping on different types of mobs again, grouping again, and enjoying hunting again.

Thread Information